Gemstone's 2011 Food Diary

Gemstone1981

I've been thinking of doing a food diary on here for a while, so being a new year I thought I had better pull my finger out and start noting things down... any crit/advice will be more than welcome :)

Green Day
Breakfast:
Activia Fat Free strawberry yoghurt and an apple

Lunch:
Cauliflour and Tomato curry (free from the little recipe book with this months mag) and 85g pilau rice (1.5 syns)

Dinner:
Roast veg and
Citrus Kick Couscous (100g - 1 syn)

Snack:
25g Marks and Spencer Wassabi Peas (4.5 syns)
satsuma

Drinks:
1.5 ltr water (so far)
4 cups of coffee (black)

Hi Gemstone1981,

Looks good your food diary, I have just started to keep one too I am hopeing it will keep me on track. Have you been having a 1/3 free with your meals.

Why thank ye, I'm still getting to grips with EE days so don't do many of them TBH - give me good old Green and Red and I'm a happy bunny.... most of what I have in the way of veg etc are free foods and usually at lunch I have a side salad too (I left it at home today), fingers crossed this gives me the push I need to start shifting the lbs.

I know does take a while to get your head round EE when you have been used to doing Red and Green, I do a mixture now of all days, I always plan my meals at the end of week just before I go shopping.

Day 2 - Green(again)

Breekie:
Magic Porridge (28g porridge oats, blueberry fat free activia) HEB
1x Ryvita HEB

Lunch:
50g of cous cous (left over from last night) 0.5 syns
Roast veg
small salad

Snack:
Satsuma x 2
Melon (yellow and gala), pineapple and grapes
1 pink and white.... ummmm i forget how many
Rasberry chips in yogurt 5 syns

Dinner:
Sweet Potato
Flat Mushroom (grilled), Brussle sprouts sauted in frylight with 85g bacon (fat removed) HEB and red onion topped with babybel light HEA and grilled again..... nomnomnom

Drinks
Water and black coffee

Last edited:
Day 3 - Red

Breakfast:
Magic Porridge
1 apple

Lunch:
Mushroom (left over from last night) including cheese (1x mini babybel light from HEA)
Green Salad
Muller Light

Dinner
Lamb Rogan Josh (home made and syn free)
Green Salad
1 Chapati (heated without oil) - 5.5Syns

Snacks
2x satsumas
grapes
2 finger kit kat 5.5 syns

Hi Donnajt.... thanks v.much, I really love to cook, so I try to come up with something different and nice every day.... I don't want to loose weight so much as fit into a size.... a nice cozy 12 will do me, or maybe a 10 if it looks ok - so what ever weight I happen to get to if I'm the size I want to be, well that's just fine ;)... WI is on Wednesday nights, so fingers crossed I'll have a good loss this week.

Ooookkkk so onto the diary... today I am super happy as I got to use my new thermal bento box which I had sent over from the US....
Day 4 Green (I love green days!)

Beakfast:
Magic Porridge and ryvita (HEb + Activia fat free Strawberry) topped with grapes

Lunch:
Salad, 6x Quorn nuggets (0.5 each) = 3 syns, carrot and pepper sicks with a fat free natural yogurt and curry powder dip, 42g Cathedral City Light (HEa)

Dinner: Syn free veg Jambalaya

Snacks:
Satsuma x3
Apple x1
Plum x 1

Back