General SW queries....

Yoghurts and Bananas

Hi guys, i'm a bit worried. If i see something as free i literally will eat loads of it...ie today i've had 7 bananas and yesterday i had 6 bananas and 5 muller lights....surely it can't work cos bananas are 100kcal each (ish) and so are muller lights....i'm thinking it can't work with me eating that high quantity! if anyone else eats this much and still loses weight please share, if you advise not i'd rather know now!!! xxx:)

If it's free it's free! But I will tell you the difference between 'fre food' and 'no Syn food'. Free food is all the raw ingredients for example, on a green day: Pasta, rice, potatoes, Quorn. On a red day: lean meats etc. The No Syn foods are all the 'free' pre-packaged stuff like Mullers, pasta n sauce, super noodles. To get better losses go for the 'free' food more than the 'no Syn' food.

7 bananas! 5 muller lights!! Sorry, I just lol'd!!! Bless your free food socks!

In theory, yes, you can eat all that because it's free food. However, it's wise to exert a bit of self control when it comes to portions and it's always good to vary your diet. Couldn't you eat 7 different portions of fruit?

Are you actually hungry when you're eating this stuff? Or are you just eating for eating's sake?

Don't mean to sound tough, but it does sound like you're binge-eating...even though it's on free food. If you can do that and lose weight then it's great, but bear in mind that you probably won't always be able to do that and keep losing...

bananas and yoghurts

i know it seems quite excessive and it's not something that i'd probably tell someone in person cos i'd be scared they'd think i was a pig! Basically I have issues with binging and sugar is my trigger food...basically if i have one bite of something with a high sugar content ie chocolate, hot cross bun etc etc i will just carry on eating until i look 6 months pregnant and can't move. It's horrid and i'm trying to get a handle on it. I feel completely controlled by it so i have decided it's just got to go, therefore i'm trying to take one day at a time and just not eat sugar. however, that's where bananas and mullers come in cos they're really sweet and i can supposedly eat them until the cows come home with no guilt because they are free but i know that having a whole bunch of bananas between 9am and 5pm probably isn't normal or necessary although it feels that way!

eg my food diary for today is as follows...

RED DAY

630am - 40g no added sugar or salt muesli (Healthy Extra B - i know it's not officially all a B but can't be bothered to have 28g and a scan bran or whatever it's called!!)with 200ml skimmed milk (Healthy Extra A) and chopped banana. 1 muller light.

740am - 1 muller light

9am - 1/4 bunch grapes

9:20am - 1 Banana

10am - 1 Plum

10:40am - 2 Bananas

12:30pm - be good to yourself chicken curry (from Can 6.5 syns), 2 slices wholemeal bread from 400g loaf (Healthy Extra B) and 1 muller light

1pm - 1/4 bunch grapes

2:20pm - 2 Bananas

3:30pm - 2 Carrots and 3 tbsps low fat houmous (6 syns)

4:30pm - 1 Banana

6pm - 1 mullerlight and 30g Low Fat Cheese (Healthy Extra A)

I'm now cooking tea which will be Chicken and pepper bake from magazine = 2.5 syns

so I will have had 2 A's 2 B's and 15 syns

It doesn't help that i have awful p.pains so i'm craving chocolate and always eat to try and take pain away but to be honest I would probably have eaten that anyway!

I had really good success with atkins because i didn't even think about food, carbs seem to just make me crave food and i can't stop thinking about it. I also love eating, it's enjoyable but I also want to get to target.....arghh why can't i be someone without food issues.

Any help/advice or tips really welcome however harsh. i think you're last post has struck a chord with me because i know deep down that it probably isn't normal to eat that many bananas! Abby xx

Shape fat free - feel fuller for longer are free. I must admit I get very confused with yoghurts and tend to stick to the same ones.

How do you add the slimming world weight loss stickers to your page - have lost 1/2 stone but not sure how to add it to my profile
Hi Mate

You need to right click and select 'copy' over the picture you want on your signature, go to 'UserCP' at the top of the page, click on edit signature and then paste it into your signature box and save it
I got the original picture off the bodyoptimise website as I am a member, but if you have access to the regular SW website, you will be able to get it from there
x

ooooooooo i did it. Off to find a slimmer of the week one now ;)

Can anyone hep me with green giant soups please wondered if they are a B maybe?? thanks xx

can anyone tell me if i am doing my menu right for extra easy?

breakfast
250ml semi-skinned milk (HEa)
all bran (HEb)
banana

Lunch
prawn layered salad from marks and spencers (9syns i think, did not realise this at the time!)
was basically just lettuce, carrot, sweetcorn, cucumber, pasta and prawns with a prawn dressing on though
diet coke

dinner
fish (haddock yumm!) with a whole load of vegetables on the side

snack
blueberry muller light with banana

i know it seems quite excessive and it's not something that i'd probably tell someone in person cos i'd be scared they'd think i was a pig! Basically I have issues with binging and sugar is my trigger food...basically if i have one bite of something with a high sugar content ie chocolate, hot cross bun etc etc i will just carry on eating until i look 6 months pregnant and can't move. It's horrid and i'm trying to get a handle on it. I feel completely controlled by it so i have decided it's just got to go, therefore i'm trying to take one day at a time and just not eat sugar. however, that's where bananas and mullers come in cos they're really sweet and i can supposedly eat them until the cows come home with no guilt because they are free but i know that having a whole bunch of bananas between 9am and 5pm probably isn't normal or necessary although it feels that way!

.....arghh why can't i be someone without food issues.

Any help/advice or tips really welcome however harsh. i think you're last post has struck a chord with me because i know deep down that it probably isn't normal to eat that many bananas! Abby xx

Hi Abby, I am also a binge eater. If it is in the house, I eat it!! This is a recognised eating disorder now. I don't know if that will help you but I felt a lot better after googling it and reading up on it and knowing that I wasn't a freak!!! LOL!!!
I TOTALLY pigged out on free foods when I first started SW. Although my vice was potatoes and pasta not bananas. After a while, without you even realising it, you will stop thinking about food all the time and the binging won't have happened in ages. I won't tell you that it has gone forever as it hasn't. I am currently having a "relapse" at the moment due to life having become extremely stressful!!! I am trying my hardest to get back on track and the only way for me to do that is to have plenty of free food in that i can eat however much i feel i need at the time!! Otherwise it is chocolate and cakes and ice cream and bread&butter!!!!
Keep up the good work. Your diary looks fine. Try to vary the different fruits, maybe have a bowl of salad ready in the fridge for when you need to dip into it. I mainly do green days, and I always have a large tupperware box full of rice or pasta salad in the fridge. You just have to plan a little and prepare yourself for when you feel the urge to binge. Give it time. These feelings do ease and you will gain more control over how you eat.

PM me if you need to chat anytime xx

question!
I get really busy most days and dont get time to stop and eat dinner, so looking at this thread got me thinking. I love those little oranges, clementines etc and can easily demolish a bunch thru the day whilst talking to my customers so what i need to know is will this be ok to eat say 6 to 10 of these a day, that way im not missing out.

That sounds like a lot and you have to be careful not to have too much vit C. I'm not sure what would be a sensible amount to have in one day though. Is there any other fruit you can eat whilst at work like grapes?

Hi Does anyone know the syn value of a sainburys individual lemon cheesecake cal:389!!! fat 26.2g sat fat 15.6g Is that all the information I need to give???? Thank you x

Sainsbury's Lemon cheesecake slices...... A 90g slice from a chilled twin pack is 16 syns (ouch)

Back