General SW queries....

oh and the quorn burgers, ive just bought some to try so please advise on the syns
for these aswel.

forgot, does anyone know the approx syns if we were to treat ourselves to a fish from the chippy (with the batter of course) or is this a nono

What happens when you get to target? how do you maintain weight? is it extra syns or HEXs you are allowed? Im about 1 stone away from mine :)

When you get to target you can have more HEs but not more syns. You'll have to experiment a bit to find out how many more you can have without putting on weight. You are allowed to be within 3lb of your target weight before you have to start paying class fees again.

Mechmanuk:

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Fish & Chip Shops, Cod in Batter, average portion 180g medium
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
red.gif
[/FONT] Original 15 Syns [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
green.gif
[/FONT] Green 22 Syns

[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Fish & Chip Shops, Cod in Batter, average portion 227g large
[/FONT]
red.gif
[/FONT] Original 19 Syns [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
green.gif
[/FONT] Green 28 Syns
[/FONT]​

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Fish & Chip Shops, Haddock in Batter, average portion 170g medium
[/FONT]
red.gif
[/FONT] Original 13 Syns [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
green.gif
[/FONT] Green 19½ Syns

[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Fish & Chip Shops, Haddock in Batter, average portion 227g large
[/FONT]
red.gif
[/FONT] Original 17 Syns [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
green.gif
[/FONT] Green 26½ Syns

[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Fish & Chip Shops, Chips, average portion 227g standard
[/FONT]
red.gif
[/FONT] Original 27 Syns [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
green.gif
[/FONT] Green 17½ Syns
[/FONT]​

Quorn burgers - there are 10 different varieties on the SW website - which one(s) do you eat?

Also, if you post these syn requests on the dedicated syn value forum, you should get a reply quicker!

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT]​

many thanks paperclip and took on board, the burgers just says

quorn 4 surprisingly succulent burgers

per 100gr
cal 146
pro 18.9
carb 6.7
fat 4.8

Think it's these ones...

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Quorn Sizzling Burgers, Surprisingly Succulent, twin pack, chilled 80g each[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
red.gif
[/FONT] Original 1 Syns [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
green.gif
[/FONT] Green 1 Syns
[/FONT]
[/FONT]​

Hi everone!
I has been introduced to SW last week. I read some books and asked my friend who done SM loads of questions, but there is still so many things which seem to be unclear.

Heathy extras B - what I can eat on red day - potatoes, wholemeal pasta,cerials, wholemeal bread?
what about white pasta, rice, cereal bars, noodles?do I need to count them as sins?

Thanks!
PS please ignor my bad spelling and funny english, as I'm foreign;)

Hiya Sunniva,

Healthy extras A and B are the same on whatever colour of day you are on.

B choices are indeed things like wholemeal bread, cereal (and lots of other things too - have a look at your book) but they should be high in fibre or have some 'healthy content', so you can only pick off the list in the books.

If you want to have white bread, you have to use syns for it. And if you want pasta, it's free on a green day but 5 syns per 28g (dried) on a red day.

Hope that helps...

Thanks paperclip!
How about rice (brown?), as it is not listed in the book, but it is seems to be healthy...and I have noticed that some people have Alpen bar as HEx - are all flavours ok?
I have books from 2007, so not sure if the list is still the same.
Sorry for being a pain and thank you for your help!:)

Hiya Sunniva,

The healthy extra B choices are selected breads, cereals, cereal bars, crispbreads, soups, dried/canned/cooked fruit, nuts, oil, SW Hi-fi bars and cheese.

Rice (all types) is free on a green day.

2007 is a bit out of date, especially since there is a new plan (Extra Easy). Have a read through some of the threads here and you should get the idea of it.

Hope that helps...

How many grams of porridge can I have as a HEB? Book just states amount plus scan bran, but I just want porridge.

thanks

Confused

Hi,

I am confused! In the food optimising book on the red healthy extra b choices page - it says 2 ryvita and then 4 ryvita right underneath. Is it 2 or is it 4?

Also in the green section, it says 4 Dairylea light traingles, or 2 normal babybels - is that for just 1 healthy choice? It seems like a lot.

Could someone also please confirm that Mullerlights are free, because they are not in the book. And are there any other yummy things similar to that, that aren't in the book? Because I really miss picking at yummy picky things lol.

Sorry for all the questions - I'm new and a bit muddled with it all!!

Thank you.

Sally.

Hi Sally,

I think you can have either 2 or 4 - basically a healthy extra is equivalent to 6 syns, and a ryvita is 1.5. I normally can't manage 4!

Cheeses - that's correct - the light triangles are pretty low in fat - those values are for one A choice.

Mullerlights are free, except for the layered ones (less than 2 syns). Most pasta n sauces are free on green, same for savoury rices.

Do you go to a group? If you do, you'll pick a load of these hints and tips about what's free and what's not over the coming weeks!

Hope that helps!

Thanks so much. That's really helpful.

Yes, I do go to a group, but only joined last week, so it's all really new! I am amazed at how much more I can eat than when I did WW last year. I really think I will get on better with SW, and am feeling very positive about it :)

Thanks again.

Sally.

Back