General: w/c 11th September 2006

Hi Ann

Map of Spain map

I just checked out where you are, we're probably about 4 or 5 hours apart which shouldn't be a prob... I will try & talk Mum into doing 2 days down south if I promise to drive! (She loved Granada before so maybe I can convince her!) We're on the peninsula between Alicante & Valencia... Is Michael going out too? Or we could meet in Murcia or Cartagena- they look pretty much in the middle?

I've never been south so that would be cool! We're having work done on the house & I don't know what stage we'll be at or what she's got planned for me when we go, lots of restaurants & friends who can't imagine me nearly 4 stone lighter!

Can't remember if I said but I got the dissertation tape finished on Saturday and the whole thing in the post on Monday so done & dusted EXCEPT my exam is 6th October so I need to start revising & preparing for the oral & written exams... Going to have a few days off first.

Good luck with the naked thing! A suggested I could go on it too but I've never really had an issue with my body... I always flaunted it even when it was really crap, so there's not much point.

Well done on the exercise Barb, the 16 Debbie & have a great time at the Reiki Ann!

Love to all WeMITTs!

Love xxx

Please come and stay with us for a couple of days, Anja. (Michael says if you bring those high heeled shoes with you!!!) Your mum is welcome too.
Our guests leave on the 11th, and I am there until the 21st. Michael hasn't decided when he's coming back yet, but I expect he'll stay as long as I do, as long as there are no major problems with the business.
e mail me to sort it out. [email protected]

Ann xxx

Hiya

Just a quickie - Ann Mum definitely seems up for Salobrena, I caught her at a bad time this morning but we'll have a full chat later today... she was running out to get her hair cut! I also had mine done yesterday & am very chuffed with it! (Apart from somehow sticking my tummy out in one of the pics! It's flat when I stand up straight.)

Public Album

Love xxx

Sheesh Anja - you're so cute it's almost a crime!!! :D

Tonights weigh in result ....

:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( - I can't even type it (don't worry - I didn't gain).

Sorry guys - I'm so gutted I'm speechless and for the first time on this diet, I cried. I'm so unbelievably pi**ed off, fed up and down. Don't even know if I can drum up the enthusiasm to come online for a while .... so if you don't see me around for a day or so, I'm licking my wounds.

Love to you all xx

Debbie, sweetheart, don't be down, I can almost hear how sad you are, but don't be, look at your chart, the one you made to show your progress. There you are, you are doing it, this may have been a mean couple of weeks but you will make up for it, I know you will. Don't you dare disappear, you contribute more to this site with more knowledge and understanding than anyone I can think of; and considering the fantastic people on here, that is really saying something.
Stay strong, if our RussianDoll loses heart, where will the rest of us be? You'll be OK Debbie, we can't bear it if you are not. With love, hugs and more hugs,

Debbie
Big ((((hugs)))). It's our turn to encourage you. You are always there for us and the number of times you've helped and inspired me. Try not to be upset you know you have stuck to it and the fat has got to drop off. So it's just waiting to drop off when you are not looking. You are great and we need you
Irene xx

Tonights weigh in result ....

:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( - I can't even type it (don't worry - I didn't gain).

Sorry guys - I'm so gutted I'm speechless and for the first time on this diet, I cried. I'm so unbelievably pi**ed off, fed up and down. Don't even know if I can drum up the enthusiasm to come online for a while .... so if you don't see me around for a day or so, I'm licking my wounds.

Love to you all xx

Hi Debbie,

The weight loss comes off quick at the start and as you get nearer your goal weight it is perfectly normal even on a vlcd not to shift for a few week on the go as the body does go into a plateau...

Your doing the diet so you know that it is working away...and I bet if you measured yourself you would find your down inches from last week.

I have no weight loss last week and it does play head games with you...but that is what happened when I broke my diet and ended up losing the plot...

I feel so different about it now as I think for me I will just always have to watch my weight and I am accepting this as part of my new thinking and I do feel something different is happening...

You have done so extremely well...it is amazing and to be cross with yourself now and feel down in the dumps does not make sense, although we know logic does not come into the emotional at times like this. But getting down does weaken the resolve and is that not part of the old thinking we all need to change?

I would think the whole emotional thing of losing the weight and starting University is what all this is about!!! The scales has just brought it out...

No two ways about it going off to Uni as a mature student is thrilling and very emotional and you have achieved this with your determination and all this after rearing your family...

Hold on to what you have achieved and don't lose sight of it...

Sending hugs and love.

Love Mini xxx

Debbie, please don't let this get you down for long. I know how you feel, because I actually put on a pound one week, (week 22) despite doing SS, and I was SO upset - but the next week, I lost 6lbs - doing exactly the same. I know you can't help how you feel, but you can help what you DO about how you feel. Not coming on here is precisely NOT the right thing to do, so please come back tomorrow.
Did that size 16 jacket fit you in the shop the other day or not??? You know it did. I bet if you went on scales that measure body fat percentage, tHAT would have gone down - and that's all that matters really isn't it.???
I wish I lived nearer, I'd be right around there tohave a tear with you - and then stay with you until this cloud has passed - as it will.
love and hugs,
Ann xxx

Debbie please don't go away. You need us and we need your mega posts.
You've been there for me both on and off here. I'm here for you too.
As someone else sadi look at what you've achieved so far! Your off to Uni, you go swimming, you got on a rode with Sophie, you put on a size 16! OMG you've done so well. Just look at your start photo and then at yourself now. You have blossomed before everyones eyes. We all love you loads. ;)
Kamilla xxx

Thank you so much for your support everyone ... I've used heaps of kleenex reading the messages (who am I trying to kid? I'm not posh enough for kleenex - I used bog roll)

Limping back onto the tracks and reasy to continue. xx

SO pleased you're feeling a bit better today, Debbie. It was horrible last night, knowing you were so down, and so far away. This has brought home to me how much my emotions are involved in my WeMitt "family" now. It's a nice feeling, as I have hardly any family of my own. In good times and bad times, we really are here for eachother. It's wonderful.
Ann x

You are so right Ann, you do have a family, us lot! it is a huge relief to know that debbie is feeling better. it is a real shock to the system to realise that someone like Debbie who has shown such phenomonal resolve and courage, can feel just as low and beaten as the rest of us. i think it is a bit unfair, I have had her up there on some kind of pedestal, never expecting her to be the one who needed us for a change! I am so glad we were all able to show her how much we care and that we are all in this for the long haul - TOGETHER! Love and hugs

Thanks for your e-mail Ann,

Will have a chat with Mum at lunchtime if she's in & see what she says. A few steps are okay for her so long as she takes them slowly & either has me or a rail to hang onto.

(Your WeMITT family comment made me smile as my parents are Ann & Mike too so apart from giving wise advice exactly like my mother you have the same names!)

Love xxx

Firstly Debbie - there's a message for you on the CD forum...

Then... B****cks!

I put a lb on this week BUT I'm confused as my bust, waist & upper arm each still shrank 1/4 inch although my calf went up 1/4 inch so despite gain I still lost 1/2 an inch & have the smallest waist & bust measurements so far! Confused!

(Totally my own fault - should NOT have gone out & eaten out last night! Night before weigh in - what was I thinking?!)

Love xxx

It's not really our week is it Anja!

Thing is, it takes about 48 hours to metabolise what we eat so I'm sure it's not your munchies last night - and the fact you've shrunk stands testiomony to the fact you're losing fat so it's more likely that liquidy villain - WATER :)

Can't live without it ... but boy does it mess our heads up in weight dept!!

PS
I remember a post where you said about what hair colouring is best for covering 'whites' ... which one was it? I have a real problem getting my 'natural highlights' to take the colour.

Easy & Nutrisse DON'T work at all on my hair. The best for me are Schwarzkopf & Feria by far... they always cover everything!

I did have 4.5 litres water yesterday so maybe that's it...

Back