General: Week starting Mon 14th August

Hi folks,

Debbie - 3 As and a B - fantastic. Will admit I've only got 2 Ds & an E at A-level. (I had glandular fever for 3 years and was barely at school which is why I'm trying so hard with this degree! Last 2 results were 86 & 88 so I'm hoping that this one will be good!) I also got a letter from OU yesterday about next year's module - Pure Maths level 2. I'd applied for a financial award as I earn less than 25k and the grant pays IN FULL for next year's course so I'm very pleased.

Don't worry hon - at least you didn't put on which I often do at TOTM, (I had put on 10lbs over the weeks leading up to my birthday but have now lost 9 of that again, but of course that wasn't doing any diet properly - that was just being a greedy moo!)

Excellent Roch - well done!

Hi Irene, Cat & Jellybabe - hope everything's going really well!

Kam - are you coming to the London meet in Sept? Cat, Irene, Summer and I and lots of others will be there...

Love xxx

Hello all!
My name is Lisa and I have come over from the H and H site.
I had my son 12 weeks ago and am now going to SW to try and get down to 9 stone before my wedding next August. I have been going for 6 weeks and have lost 18 pounds so far (weigh in was last night and I lost 2.5 pounds and got slimmer of the week for the third time) I started at 14 7.5 and am now 13 3.5 so doing well! I think my key to keeping up the weight loss is cutting out most carbs....I think about pasta or potatos and I put on weight

Hope everyone is having a good day

Lisa xx

Hi all WeMITTS

Kam, glad your Aunt and Uncle arrived safely, I bet it was the best feeling in the world when the seen you 4 stone lighter. Like Debbie said we see ourselves everyday so do our loved ones so its those not so frequently seen people that you get the most reaction from - real boost for your and I am chuffed to bits for you. Hope the scan went well and you don't need another operation - let us know when you can. Hope you got your long soak in the bath after the ironing, teach em to iron young I say and then get them to do yours while they are at it. Kam I can't believe you have TOTM every 18 days, and there was me feeling sorry for myself at 24 days:eek:

Anja, congrats on being "normal" body fat and the 3pounds loss. Well done on get the financial assistance for your course as well you must be floating on air at the moment.

Debbie, congrats on the exam results and getting confirmation for your Uni. Make the most of what ever time you have left as you will be upto your eyes in reading and homework again before long. Shame about you staying the same, but it does happen occasionally, like you say, it just makes it really hard that week. Have you measured yourself as that might give you a bit of a boost. You have done so fantasticly well, unfortunately it is bound to slow down the closer we get.

Roch, well done on your loss, all the fretting and worrying over nothing. NOW STAY OFF YOUR SCALES THIS WEEK:rolleyes: give them to someone to look after to remove temptation. Your loss to date is fantanstic, just keep in the back of your mind that it will drop down soon and and that on SW I think the average is 1-2 pounds a week and you then need to remember that a loss is a loss it doesn't matter how much or how little. But well done, really pleased for you.

Lisa, welcome to Minimins, you are doing well on SW well done on getting slimmer of the week as well as your 2.5 pounds loss this week.

Thinking of Anja

Hi fellow WeMITTS,

Just a quick note asking you to keep Anja in your thoughts right now, am hoping it will give her a much needed boost albeit long distance!

Unfortunately she had a bad car accident on her way to work this morning, she is OK, just very shocked understandably and her new car is a write off:( She's at home on her own at the moment as her parents are in Spain, hopefully her brother will be going to stay with her tonight so she'll have some company.

I've told her to do whatever it takes to help herself thru this and if the diet goes west, then so be it, she can start over tomorrow. Hopefully she's in bed sleeping the shock off now and will wake up feeling a lot better. Sadly, I don't think any of us live near enough to nip in and give her a real hug so am sending lots of virtual {{{{{HUGS}}}}}.

Hope you all have a good weekend,
lots of love,
A
xxxx:D

(((((BIG HUGS)))) to you anja,thank god you were not hurt,we are all thinking of u xxxx

Welcome lisa,how r u doing,well done for losing so much weight in 6 weeks and being slimmer of the week.
I have just joined SW as well,am i am doing ok.What did u get for being slimmer of the week,years ago it used to be a certificsate,but when i got weighed on thursday i saw slimmer of the week magnets on my leaders desk,so i am curious.
Anyway ladies am in the middle of gutting my wardrobe and giving away my clothes that i dont intend to wear to the charity shop,my friend is on her way round to collect them,so i better finish.
Catch u later xxx

Hi Anya, hope you are ok. So sorry to hear about your accident, try not to feel too sad about your car, as my husband would say, it is only a lump of metal and it has done it's job protecting you! Cars can be replaced, you can't.
Lots of love

Hi Wemitts

Anja - I'm so sorry about your accident. What a relief you were not injured. Take care of your self. Thinking of you ((hugs)).

Kamilla - How fantastic are you doing. Your going great guns. Fingers crossed for your next weigh in. You did so well to avoid the Carrot cake. It's one of my favourites, don't know if I would have been that strong. You go girl!!!

Roch - Excellent weight loss this week. Well done. Your son will be soooo surprised when he sees you on his return. Keep going.

Debbie - Firstly, A huge Congratulations on your exam results. You must have felt so pleased. Keeping fingers crossed for the rest of your results. Secondly, I complete understand how you felt about getting through the turnstyle. They are another thing that fill me with absolute dread. There's a place that I absolutely love going to and made regular trips there, but recently I watched a tv programme with this place on it and I saw that they have now added a turnstyle to get in. I tell you my heart sank when I saw it as I realised that I wouldn't be able to go again for a while. But now I have added this as one of my things to lose weight for. A silly goal but I was devestated when I first saw it and the thought of not eing able to go there any more makes me really sad. Also, I bet you have a big loss next week, TOTM has a lot to answer for. It's times like this I wish I was a man!!!!! I have no doubt that you will dig that bit deeper and your determination will stay as strong as ever.

Lisa - Welcome to the Wemitts and congratulations on your loss so far. Your doing fab. Keep us posted to how you do each week.

Irene and Jellybabe - Hope your having a great week.

I had my weigh in last night and I have lost 6lbs. I was shocked to say the least. I am going to change my tracker now - I love this part!!

Hope everyone has a good evening

Jazzy xx

OOP's I didn't say hi to Barb. Hi Barb, Hope your having a great week too!!!! and everything is ok.

Jazzy x

Hi everyone,

Thanks for all your thoughts & good wishes. Still feeling pretty crap but I'll get over it. My parents were very angry about the car but I did try & explain it wasn't that I did it on purpose. My tyre caught in a hole in the road, spun me 360 degrees & rolled me onto my roof. My Mum calmed down after that but my Dad is still blazing although I suspect that's at least partially shock & worry. My brother came straight home from work & is staying here tonight to make sure the shock doesn't hit too hard. Thank God!

Well done to all the other Wemitt trainee moderators!

Love xxx

Anja, honey! Thank God you weren't hurt. What a dreadful experience to go through and I'm just so glad your brother is going to be there with you tonight. Lots of love to you and take good care of yourself. As Ailsa said, if the diet goes haywire for a while so be it. Your welfare is far more important and you must do whatever it takes to help you get over the shock xxxx

Debbie - my heart goes out to you and I hope you're feeling a bit better today. I think this is one of those times when you just have to take your own wonderful advice and remember to look at your overall monthly loss rather than thinking about it on a week-by-week basis. 6 lbs in a week was amazing, so perhaps it's just your body's way of 'catching up'. I've been firmly fixed on 2 lbs a week for ages now and it's taken me 6 weeks to lose the last stone. I guess it's just the way our body's react to the diet, and we just have to go with it. Bloody good news on the University place confirmation front though - and the turnstile!! :D

Jazzy - a huge well done on the 6 lbs loss! Fantastic!!

Lisa - hi, welcome and good luck with SW! :)

Kam - I can't see your most recent loss as I'm typing this, but reading Jellybabe's post I can see that you've cracked the 4 stone mark! That's brilliant news!!! :D

A big HI and lots of love to all other Wemitts who are far too numerous to mention individually :D

As for me, as well as now having lost exactly 6 stone I got myself a new job today .. and I'm chuffed to bits! I've already written about it on my diary thread so won't bore you with all the details here (as if I would! *lol*) - but as it's only for 12 hours a week, and very local, it will fit perfectly around my CDC/coaching work when I begin that in the next couple of months :) .

Much love to all!

Anja....OMG just read what happened so glad your ok. Shame about the car.....and you haven't had it that long :(.

Sharon....well done on the job! and a free pole too!!:D thanks for the well done on the weight loss Sharon but not quite at 4 stone yet! 4 stone to go! :eek:

Debbie....you know those husks re they meant to give you (sorry everyone) a good clear out? Woke up at 2am with unbelieve tummy craps :( :eek:

Not a happy bunny today as I've got myself in a state about being lied to by someone I thought was a very good friend :mad: :(. Also had my scan this morning and looks like I'm going to have more surgery :( :(.

Hope everyone else is happy have a good weekend all.

Kamilla :(

Hi everyone

Anja - Thank goodness you weren't badly hurt: it could have been so much worse by the sounds of it. You must be badly shaken though: take things easy for a while - shock has a nasty way of creeping up on you. Big hugs coming your way xx

Sharon - Thanks for your kind words. I'm sure I'm not the only one who has had a 'static' week; things are bound to pick up again next week :) A huge well done on your 6st marker AND the new job! Life is changing dramatically for so many of us ... isn't it wonderful!!

Kam - I'm really sorry but I had to chuckle at your typo ... you woke up with tummy CRAPS (Freudian slip?) Psyllium husks are a source of fibre and as such will, ermmm, 'help things along'. You may find you need to lower your dosage a bit until you find the amount that keeps you regular without turning you inside out! My personal dosage is 5 teaspoons per day: you might only need 3. Experiment a bit - but rest assured it isn't doing you any harm.

A big wemitt hello to AKB, Jazzy, Irene, Barb, JellyB, Roch and any other wemitts I've missed.
Also a big hello to Lemm - welcome to the wemitts. Well done on your fab weight loss so far ... we're here to support and encourage you throughout your journey. Looking forward to getting to know you. :)

I'm off to Yorkshire (Doncaster) tomorrow to take my youngest daughter's friend back after her visit with us. I won't be back until Sunday evening so take care everyone - have a great weekend and I'll catch up with you then.

Morning All!
Up at what seemed the crack of dawn to get Toby off to Scout camp! Just waiting now for him to be picked up and then I won't see him for a week :( going to miss him loads!
Had the worse nights sleep I think I've ever had in ages.....kept waking up and getting annoyed with myself for feeling so let down by my so called lying mate....wish she wasn't on holiday as I would have had it out with her....but maybe thats a good thing shes away I would have calmed down by the time she gets back but I will not be forgiving I'm always the one who forgets and forgives and gives way to much not this time! :mad:
Anyway, day 6! ssing and the weekend always my big downfall....
Going to a family reunion this afternoon with my Mum should be fun! No idea what to wear as all my smart stuff is way too big! So looks like jeans and shirt or shall I go mad and wear a skirt??
Debbie....have a good drive up to Yorkshire OMG thats one hell off a drive from you! Talk next week. Oh LOL at freudian slip!!!:eek:
Anja....hope your feeeling better this morning.

Hope all you Wemitts are doing well and glugging that water!

Kamilla x

Oh Kam,

So sorry to hear about your friend - I seem to have had several of them in the past & it's not worth the pain & effort. If there's no trust then there's no friendship! And also terrible news about you needing another op. My heart goes out to you.

Feeling calmer this morning, slept well with one of Mum's temazipan tablets! BUT although the headache mostly seems to have gone, I have a very sore neck just at the base of my head at my hairline. Diet definitely went west yesterday, was 2lbs up again this morning but my next valid WI isn't until Thursday night so I have time to repair the damage. Very depressing to be back at 11,1 this morning but hopefully with only cereal, fruit & salad today I can undo most of the chocolate/chinese I ate yesterday. (Sorry to mention food everyone!)

Dad seemed a lot better the 2nd time I spoke to them yesterday, he asked how I was quite quietly so he should be fine, particularly when we go get all the stuff out of my boot etc. & he sees the wreckage. Alison's already told me to take someone when I go 'cos she knows how upset I'll be when I see how badly damaged it is!

Hope Ann & Michael are having a great holiday & everyone else is going to have a good weekend!

Love xxx

Anja
Glad you are a bit calmer today. I know what I was like when I had an accident and the car was a write off. I ached for weeks so take care of yourself and don't worry about the diet or what you weigh. That will come later.
Irene xx

Anja,
Please go and get your neck looked at if you haven't already you may have whiplash! Here speaks an ex-paramedic!
Glad you Dad is ok now.
Re friend your so right but we have been friends for 12 years and I feel very let down. I know I should just walk away and forget it but its very hard to. Although speaking to my Mum last night she said walk away after all where has that friend been over the last 18 months while you've been ill? and that got me thinking that I never once got a call to see how I was!! She said she couldn't cope seeing me ill! Even when I was in hospital for a week before Xmas last year she didn't visit once! So I don't expect I'll even get a visit when I have my next op which I will have to be in for 4 days for :(. They say you find out who your real mates are when your down and I really have found out and it hurts that they aren't the ones I thought! :mad: :(
Kamilla xx

Back