General WeMITT Thread - Week commencing 25th December 2006

bakerfa

Silver Member
MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!

And to everyone, including me, who will be restarting shortly - Good Luck!

Love xxx

Merry Christmas to all ....

I have to admit to feeling bloated and lethargic - comes with eating too much junk I suppose. In some ways, I'm looking forward to SSing again just to get that brilliant 'detoxed' feeling and once again be bouncing with energy.

I KNOW I've gained loads ... more than I even feared - not because I've weighed myself (no scales in the house) but because almost all my clothes are tight to the point of uncomfortable and some don't even fit at all. :(

I'm due to go back to my CDC on Jan 8th but might start a bit sooner as I have some packs left from when I stopped CD for Xmas. I think that I might not even get weighed for the first few weeks because it'll just be too depressing. Maybe I'll wait until my clothes feel like they did when i stopped before stepping on the scales!!

Anyway, have a fab New year and then we'll all get our 'serious' heads on and finish our journeys together! :)

Hi everyone.

I have just managed to get through day one of the CD pretty much unscared.

Tomorrow is another day and one I will tackle as best I can.

That's the way to approach it lisa .... one day at a time - start each day determined that, today, I WILL NOT GIVE IN NO MATTER WHAT!

You'll do just fine :)

I'm restarting on Jan 2nd Lisa and will probably need some bolstering myself!

That's the beauty of a support network like this ... there's always someone around to call on for help and encouragement.

Well Iv been pretty good all xmas day, then it came to boxing day tea time, dh had done the gammon and put out a little spread and I just could not resist the chicken and gammon.
Well im trying hard to get back into ketosis now

I'm surprised a bit of chicken and gammon knocked you out of ketosis as it's mainly protein - you must be one of the 'sensitive' ones.

The good news is that because you were already in ketosis, drink plenty of water and you'll slip effortlessly back in. It's not like starting all over again :)

Here's a little analogy to think about.

Two people embark upon a journey to Scotland. One goes straight there .. A to B.
The other stops briefly a couple of times: once to have a coffee & loo break ... another to admire a particularly lovely view.

So there they are - both of them in Scotland. Which of them failed in their journey?
The answer is, of course, NEITHER of them failed. They both reached their destination albeit one took slightly longer.

The same applies to your weight loss journey. So you had a bit of chicken and gammon - maybe you've extended your journey by a day. In the big sheme of things, that isn't so bad is it? Point is - you WILL get to your goal. :)

Thats such a good way to look at our weight loss, like a journey.

We will all take different routes and get there are different times but as long as get there thats what counts :)

I am fairly new to this and just wondered how easy it is to get our of ketosis once you are in it, is it literally as soon as you eat something and then you have to start afresh?

I'm surprised a bit of chicken and gammon knocked you out of ketosis as it's mainly protein - you must be one of the 'sensitive' ones.

The good news is that because you were already in ketosis, drink plenty of water and you'll slip effortlessly back in. It's not like starting all over again :)

Here's a little analogy to think about.

Two people embark upon a journey to Scotland. One goes straight there .. A to B.
The other stops briefly a couple of times: once to have a coffee & loo break ... another to admire a particularly lovely view.
So there they are - both of them in Scotland. Which of them failed in their journey?
The answer is, of course, NEITHER of them failed. They both reached their destination albeit one took slightly longer.

The same applies to your weight loss journey. So you had a bit of chicken and gammon - maybe you've extended your journey by a day. In the big sheme of things, that isn't so bad is it? Point is - you WILL get to your goal. :)

thanx ....great way of putting it....i enjoyed the meat but im now back on track.....guzzling the water down.

HELLOOOOOO

:D hi everyone, hope you allhad a merry christmas and are looking forward to a great New Year (will be quiet for us, prefer xmas)

ive had a truly MINGIN sinus infection since last thurs and had a not too exciting xmas because of it. never mind will make up for it next year! got weighed yesterday and IVE LOST 6LBS!!!!!!!!!!!!! cannot believe it!! ive been giving 100% from the tues before last up until xmas day when i had a wee wee bit dinner (if id been feeling better id have had loads beleive me!) followed by an un-missable cheese board so i was truly shocked at the scales!

today we've been for a pamper day (pressie from my wonderful mother in law) at a spa which has knocked me off my feet! it was soo soooo amazing. along with all the steam room/sauna/hot tub (which was OUTSIDE!!)/ice room/aromatherapy room i had a facial and an oriental scalp massage oooooooooohh, felt all wobbly and jelly-like afterwards i was soooo relaxed. the day was marred a little tho as (just as i was expecting) there was not a robe to fit me! i got into one which would wrap around me if i REEEEALLY puuuulled it shut and held it but who wants to look like that?! so of course i had the embarrasing task of asking for a bigger robe which dh did for me (this may sound good of him but he couldnt conceal his amusement which made me feel even sh*ttier!) anyway they didnt have one so i had to wander round with my robe as closed as i could get it and my towel hanging down in front of me to hide the gap as best i could. NEXT YEAR I PROMISE MYSELF I WILL NOT BE THIS SIZE AND HAVE TO GO THRO THAT AGAIN THANK GOODNESS!

oh Lizzie... first of all WELL DONE ON YOUR LOSS HON!!!! yeeeharrr!!!! That's excellent!

As for the robe experience... I had one similar in a turkish (in Turkey ya know) bath.. horrendous.. never ever gonna put myself through that again! would love to go back there one day when at goal and tell em where to shove their loofahs! as for the bloke at the spa - you should've complained about his attitude.. you are a client/ customer and as such deserve respect not ridicule! I would write to them and say as such.. not on making you feel bad! Bah to him! When you get to goal make sure you go back and square up to him about it!! (alternatively... send me!) lol

Well done lisaloo... and Russian.. the new year starts here eh? :D fantastic! just think... 2007 and there will be all these stunning people emerging (well, you are all stunning already) but you know.. there will a rush of arrivals at that journeys end!! Hope the world is ready for us all! If not - tough eh! lol :D

Lisa
On the question of ketosis ... some people are more sensitive to carbs than others and consequently will come straight out of ketosis if they have just a little bit of carbohydrate. Many people will stay IN ketosis if they eat just a little protein: hence why most people stay in ketosis on AAM week.

If there's a slip up and we drop out of ketosis, we can usually get back in quite easily as we've already depleted our glycogen stores on the first week of the diet. So it doesn't mean going through four grinding days again. Drinking loads of water and getting back on track will usually result in a 'pink stick' just a day or two later.

The important thing is to avoid carbs like the plague: on this diet, they spell trouble. Sticking 100% to the CD guidlines and not risking a sneaky nibble will ensure you're not chewing your nails on weigh-in day hoping you 'got away with it'. :)

oh Lizzie... first of all WELL DONE ON YOUR LOSS HON!!!! yeeeharrr!!!! That's excellent!

As for the robe experience... I had one similar in a turkish (in Turkey ya know) bath.. horrendous.. never ever gonna put myself through that again! would love to go back there one day when at goal and tell em where to shove their loofahs! as for the bloke at the spa - you should've complained about his attitude.. you are a client/ customer and as such deserve respect not ridicule! I would write to them and say as such.. not on making you feel bad! Bah to him! When you get to goal make sure you go back and square up to him about it!! (alternatively... send me!) lol

quote]

Think it was her hubby not a bloke at the spa......mind you Lizzie may want to send him to you to 'duff him up'....LOL:D

Well done on your loss Lizzie....spa day sounds lush and you can go again next year and ask them for a 'smaller robe' because 'this one is too big for me'.......:D

Love

Well hello all you Wemitts!!
I thought I'd check the damage again today...bad move!! As I was chuffed yesterday for only putting on 3lbs I should have stayed away as the scales are now showing a.........10lb gain!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
So I've just adjusted my ticker :( which now says I'm not passed my half way mark anymore! Gutted but not surprised.
I've got a busy weekend ahead with 3 parties but have decided to get back on track as of 2nd January! 6 days before my Rib Finders Challenge starts. I'm going to spend those 6 days cutting down, drinking more water and walking the kids to and from school no more car for me! Now my new i-pod is loaded with tunes especially Shine by Take That! I can walk home from school listening to it as I find walking very boring.
Off for some much needed shut eye now! And before DH comes home very, very worse for a beer with the lads...left here at 3pm! Oh dear! what a hangover he'll have in the morning! LOL
Hope all you Wemitts are being good ;).
X
P. S Debbie how's your Dad?

Sad Christmas

Hi All WeMITTS.
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

I haven't posted for quite a while as I have had a hell of a month.
We moved house and then my Nan got ill, she picked up a bit. but then on 17th Dec she passed away in her sleep, no pain thank goodness. The funeral was yesterday (27th). So you can imagine how crap our christmas was. I saw my nan nearly every week and in my 26 years have never had a christmas without her.....I'm devastated.

We kept things as happy and bright as possible for our liitle Katie (3 years) as it was her birthday on the 22nd and then of course a very exciting christmas.

I'm hoping to contact my LL counsellor to get an official start date. I'm more determined than ever now...I want to make my nan proud of me, where ever she is, I know she'll be watching.

Lots of love and best wishes to you all.

Steph

((((BIG HUGS)))) Steph. So sorry to hear about your Gran. :(
Glad you're signing up for LL keep that thought of your Gran feeling proud as I'm sure she always has been anyway. :)
I wish you all the best in your journey.
XX

Sorry to hear about your nan Steph - losing someone dear is always hard but especially so at a time of year that is synonymous with families and being together. My thoughts are with you. xx

We went to the cemetary on Christmas Eve to visit my son's grave and put some tinsel and a little tree on it (also put one on my niece's grave about six along from my son's). I always choke up a bit even though we lost him so long ago because of the poignant time of year. DH completely broke down though because it brought back memories of his mum who died only last year. Christmas does that though doesn't it ... amplifies our feelings.

CA - bummer about the 10lb gain but I have a feeling mine is a whole lot more than that. I'm so sure in fact that I'm not going to be weighed on the 8th: I'll wait til my clothes get looser before I brave the scales again!
Like you, I'm going to be starting on the 2nd so I'm busy getting my head into the right place for that.

My dad is still quite poorly but has improved a little since the side-effects of the radiotherapy have eased. He still needs a wheelchair but was able to hobble out to our bathroom (downstairs) with the aid of his walking stick to see our new shower cubicle. He couldn't have managed that a few weeks ago. It sounds like I'm talking about someone in his 90s ... you wouldn't think I was describing a man who has only just turned 67 and until he was diagnosed with cancer was a total nutcase, jumping on trampolines, leaping into swimming pools and riding around on his granchildren's bikes! :rolleyes:

Hope you're all well and those about to embark upon a restart are getting the motivation all revved up!
Catch you all later

Back