[Gerbil] Frodo, Winter 2005, Oct 29th 2008. RIP little one.

SerenityValley

Surgically happy.
Ah poor sweet Frodo.

He, along with his brother Sam (the little black boy in one of the pictures) were my first ever pets. I loved the little guys (if not for them I'd not own rats as I only own rats because I was getting toys for them at the pet shop).

Both came from a "hobby breeder" (a uni student who'd decided to breed to make pocket money and while she loved them, obviously found they weren't going to make her money). I rescued them from her, and she provided food, bedding, a book and a 2 foot tank. So at least there was no profit for her.

They were nervy and never truly came round - though frodo would park himself on my tummy and ask for a stroke.

They stayed with mum when I moved, as I felt they were better settled there.

Anyway, Frodo had to be pts today. He was somewhere between 3.25 and 3.5 years old. In the last few weeks he lost weight dramatically, till he was a 3rd of his old chubby self. His eyes had closed and I think one of them was gone.... I think his body had been eating itself for energy as he'd gotten more active this week but wasn't eating much. He was about the size of the young ones we see in pet stores this morning.

Trying to keep him going felt like prolonging something rather than giving him a quality of life.

Anyway, here are a couple of my favourite pics of this gorgeous little boy. He's sadly missed, but happily celebrated.

Rest in pease, little Frodo - go find Sam :)

Frodo001.jpg

SamFrodoChew.jpg

RIP frodo
They are funny creatures aren't they we unfortunately had to have our hamster pts due to suspected cervical cancer poor girl.:(

Hi Andy

Sorry to hear about Frodo :(, sending you loads of :hug99:.

RIP Frodo x x x

I had a Gerbil years ago, they are gorgeous animals x

was reading your other post lastnight blubbering then this one. have you lost 2 pets in a week??? you poor thing

Aww, thanks hels. I lost Georgie a couple of weeks ago and Frodo today. I have another poorly and elderly rat (and another elderly rat) so I'm likely looking at a couple more in the next month or so.

Thanks Frijj.

Back