Gerry's Diary - 60lbs off, 20% achieved!

Thanks Stephen, but as already stated elsewhere, you are one of my main inspirations on here, and without your posts I don't know if I would have made it through to where I am now. :)

And as I keep telling you...stoppit :p

You don't need any inspirations now sir, those 2 pictures there should make you your own biggest inspiration. You've shown to yourself it can be done, and hopefully shown to so many others too!

Gawn yersel!! (as us Scots would say!).

God Gerry - just had a peek at your pics as I was catching up. You look like an entirely different person - such a huge difference. I hope you're really pleased with yourself. I like to count my lost lbs in sausages sometimes. I shall take the pleasure of informing you that you have lost 400 sausages. AWESOME WORK!

Thanks Dopey! 400 sausages huh? That is an achievement! :D

I am happy to report another 2lbs off this week which brings me into the 16stone somethings and also drops me down a point in my allowance which I am happy to adjust to. Just another 4lbs to get off before St Patrick's Day (17th March) to meet my little self challenge. It's all good! :)

G Man!!! Well done again!!! You're defo onto a winner with your mini challenge!!!..xxx

Thanks to everyone for all their kind comments.

Today was a big test for me. On a good day like today we like nothing better than to take a drive along the Antrim coast and just chill out after a busy week at work. It kind of re-charges the batteries for us. Anyhow, it is kind of traditional that we bring a flask of tea and a bit of a picnic with us for the journey, then we always call in to a certain chippy at dinner time and a fish supper is the order of the day. However... today's picnic consisted of a few low fat snacks and when we got to the chippy, it was MY decision to share 1 fish supper with my good lady wife instead of having 1 each as normal. When we finished I said to the missus, that I don't know how I ever ate a whole portion to myself in the past. I was well stuffed by my half portion and totally enjoyed it.

Just thought I would share that little triumph with you all. That's the beauty of WW... you don't have to miss out out on the little treats... everything in moderation and within your points allowance. :) Happy times!

Well done G! And well done on the 2 pounds loss too, Go team Slater!!!!

Hey G! How's it going! Congratulations on reaching the 16s my dear what a fab result! So close to half way too! AMAZING! Keep up the good work my love. Take care and hope you have a fab weekend. xxx

Hey Gerry, hope your ok pal. Been kinda quiet this week without you..xxx

<<Blows cobwebs off diary>> <<Cough!>>

Anyhow, just thought I'd give a brief update today, as it is a very big day regarding the future of my grandson.

As some of you may know already, my wee grnadson has been staying with us now since the end of January. I wont go into details about why he is staying, but what started off being "Will you take him for the weekend?" has now turned into a full hearing today with Social Services to discuss the wee mans future.

Needless to say, this has totally turned our lives upside down completely. It wasn't something that we planned for and it has been very hard to adjust to. From sorting him out with a childminder that he was happy with to getting him cot, high chair etc. All in all it has been a struggle to say the least and I have spent many nights crying myself to sleep because of the whole situation.

Don't get me wrong... I love him to bits and would never ever let him go in to foster care but I get worried when I question whether we can do this or not. With all the best intentions in the world we are giving it our best shot but I fear that we won't be able to cope long term. It is really difficult as we both work in high-powered jobs and the whole lifestlye change has caused some problems at work too.

So... hence the reason for my lack of posts in recent weeks and some would say I haven't been my normal self. I hope you can understand why. I do try to read as much as I can on here but most times I just can't motivate myself to post replies, that's why my diary has fell by the way side. I don't want sympathy, I just thought it would be best to explain my abscence.

On the weight loss front... well what can I say? I'm trying to keep it together but after a terrible week last week, I binged most nights and found myself a whopping ½ stone on at the weekend!! :eek::eek::eek: This just made matters worse, but I am happy to report that I knuckled down and although I shouldn't weigh myself mid week... the scales reported this morning that I had lost it again and am currently sitting at 236lbs which is still 54lbs off! I am determined not to lose my way with the losing weight but I do feel extremely challenged mentally with everything that is going on and the last thing I want to think about most days is POINTS! I know for sure that I don't want to quit this now and undo all my efforts up until now, and that's why I come on here and look for inspiration, and so far it has worked.

Anyway, as I said, the hearing is this afternoon and we really don't know what to expect. We are hoping that the powers that be will decide that he will remain with us for the foreseeable future until his mum can get herself sorted out with her challenges. God knows how long that will be for, but it is probably the best option for my grandson.

Btw, it isn't all bad... he is an absolute gem to be around and he does make us smile every day. I am very thankful that we have been given this unique opportunity to get to know him so much more, and am glad that he has settled into his new wee life so well.

I'll try and post an update later on when I know what his future holds.

Thanks for listening.

PS... The name change? Oh yeah, was tired of having to type all those underscores for my old user name "old_before_i_die" and I have kind of been given the title of "the G-man" by a few regulars on here so admin were kind enough to make the change for me.

Keep on losing! :)

Sorry to hear about your troubles, but well done for not letting your diet spiral too far out of control :) It's so easy to fall off the wagon and not get back on again, so you've done very well to nip it in the bud so soon. Keep losing :D

All the best Gerry, happy name change!

Hope everything goes well!

Back