Gerry's Diary - 60lbs off, 20% achieved!

hey your wife sounds very organised and very supportive. If you can do this as a unit then it will work. You are totally right, this journey has to be about you but some much needed helping hands is always welcomed.
Your Grandson would definitely melt my heart so if your thoughts about making changes to your life are because of him, then you are a wise man. :D

Points today...

Breakfast
1 x Forever Lean Diet Supplement
2pts - 50/50 toast x 4
1pt - Turkey rashers x 3
0.5pts - Flora light
1pt - Glass of OJ

Lunch
1pt - WW Tomato Soup
2pt - WW Dessert yoghurts

Dinner
3pts - Ready made mash potato (half portion)
5pts - Chicken breast (300g)
0pts - Mixed peppers, red onion, carrot & cherry tomato
1.5pts - Schwartz Mediterranean Veg mix

Snacks so far
0pts

Exercise
10 minute brisk walk on treadmill

Water intake
2.5 litres

hey your wife sounds very organised and very supportive. If you can do this as a unit then it will work....
Your Grandson would definitely melt my heart so if your thoughts about making changes to your life are because of him, then you are a wise man. :D

We are a great team and it makes it easier for shopping etc when we are both doing WW.

The wee grandson just made me wise up and gave me something extra to live for (as if I didn't have enough to live for already!:))

Hey my dear. Sounds like you and your wife make a great team. It's always great when you have a support network at home. :) Your grandson is absolutely gorgeous! He'll be a heartbreaker :D Hope you have a good day tomorrow. You may have told me already but i have a memory like a sieve. When's WI for you? xx

Good morning Gerry - I'm a newbie to WW myself but not to these forums..

I switched from Slimming World to WWs as I couldn't handle the portions - eat as much as you like was like a green light to gorge for me, and although I was eating the right foods, I was just eating too much of it..
I have also wasted god knows how much money on Cambridge Diet, Adios tablets etc but not anymore...

Points are the weigh - get it ? - to go !!!

Even I didn't laugh at that..

Anyway take care, get posting on here and keep us updated on your results !1

T
x

Thank you kindly. :) I hope you have had a good few days and have a good weekend. xxx

Hi Gerry

Welcome - sorry not been around sooner - been a right mizog this week & took some "time out" for myself so not been on here too much - anyway - enough of that - well done on the losses so far - sounds like you n the missus make a great team & will certainly do well with helping & encouraging each other.

You'll soon be bending it like bekham with that cutie grandson :D

First of all, sorry I haven't been updating this anywhere near regularly enough, but work commitments haven't allowed it.

Anyhow, had a bit of news that I thought I should share with you all....

My boss is based in the UK and only visits our office here in Northern Ireland every couple of months or so, and he was in to see us the other day and we were having a bit of a chat. He mentioned that he could see that I had lost some weight and asked me about goals and stuff. I was reluctant to give him all the details of what I want to achieve and time spans just in case I don't make them and then I have egg on my face.

Anyhow, he told me to email him with the goals and details and he would email me back. When I got the email from him, I was shocked. He told me that he thought it was great how I'm shedding a few pounds and has put a little incentive in place for me, you know like dangling a carrot! It was the size of the carrot that really took me by surprise.

If I meet my two goals on time he has offered me either a free week in his penthouse holiday home or Corporate hospitality at either Old Trafford or Anfield at a Liverpool v Man Utd game!

If nothing else will keep me focused, this will! Although he did ask me for other suggestions and I'm thinking about Corporate hospitality at the next British Grand Prix!

What would any of you choose if you were in the same position?

Wow thats some incentive !!! Not sure what i would go for as not very sporty,watch motorcycle racing with my hubby so maybe that but think it would be the holdiay for me !!

Looks like you are going really well and hope you keep it going,especially now you have your carrot!!

Hi Gerry,

Just had a wee browse thru ur diary. Ur doing so well and the incentive ur boss has given is just fantastic......I'd def bring up the grand prix hospitality, that would def be somethin special!!

WW really is such a good lifestyle change, i'm finding it really, dare I say easy!! But my heads in the right place at the moment which obv helps. And have found that I really enjoy the gym too...think i'm becoming addicted!!!:p lol...that'l be a 1st for me!:D

Keep up the fantastic work and keep us updated on ur journey.

Linz
x

Well the latest update on the incentive is that I put the grand prix thing to him and he came back and said that if I keep focused I'll be there! Knowing my boss that probably means the works... i.e. arriving by helicopter etc

Thanks everyone for all your kind comments and support, I always look for my daily fix of encouragement on this forum.

Here's to a good December!

Wow that's brilliant news that your boss is so supportive Gerry. That'll help keep you focused now end. I'd said go for the Grand Prix Hospitality. I'll have to make sure i lose lots of weight by then with you. Then you can sneak me in too some how :) hehe. xxx

You're more than welcome saski, the more the merrier! You're losing at a good rate so I may have to start looking at ways to smuggle you into the helicopter :D

Awesome!!! Helicopter sounds wicked. Count me in. Who is your favourite driver then? xxx

I like Hamilton and think when he has a good car around him he can blow Button out of the water. It will be interesting to see how the two of them get on next year in the same team. I also had a soft spot for Eddie Irvine when he was around as he is a fellow Irish man.

Was at the British GP 3 years ago and swore then I'd be back. The wife has been to seven in total but that was around the time when Damon was in the sport. She even won a comp to be a guest of the Williams team at one of the GPs.

Hospitality would just be the icing on the cake for me.

And your favoured driver?

I'm a Hamilton kind of girl!! My OH thinks Button is the bees knees. He went to Silverstone this year. Lewis is such a brilliant driver to watch. He takes risks and makes it interesting to watch. I think he is in a class of his own. Bring on a better car for him next season. Yeah it'll be good to have a British team :D xxx

Yep, I've only gone and reached my first major goal, over 3 weeks ahead of schedule!! 28lbs off at this stage and I'm showing no signs of letting up. For me WW works really well with my lifestyle and I am enjoying my food again. Good times!

Hi Gerry,

Firstly - WELL DONE on your weight loss so far. *thumbs up* You're doing fantastic!!

Secondly - Are there any job vacancies under your boss? lol He sounds amazing!!! The Football, F1 GP.. any sports! WOW!

I only signed up on this site tonight and I think it's great. Starting Weight Watchers tomorrow - with LOADS of weight to lose.

You and your wife sounds like a fab team and what you're eating makes the diet seem easy.

Anyway - I won't waffle on (because I usually do) Keep up the good work - you have an absolutely gorgeous grandson to kick a football about with.

♥ LOVE ♥

Back