Gerry's Diary - 60lbs off, 20% achieved!

Decided today I am going to do Wendie for 1 week to see what happens and if it works it'll set me in good stead for over the Christmas period for fear I may gain some lbs. So today will be a low day for me with only 25 points consumed. Although having said that.... I may come off it later this evening if I'm hungry :D

Anyone else tried Wendie with good results?

oOo good luck with the wendie plan. Not tried it but it makes a lot of sense. Let us know how you get on. Hope you aren't feeling too hungry. :) xxx

Hi
Just popping in to say hello - have a great day :)

Hiya Fitz and welcome back... you have been missed! Have a wonderful day yourself, and keep up the good work!

Yesterday's low point day went very well and I wasn't hungry at all! Managed to save 2 points as well!!

I am tempted to set myself a goal for New Year's Day to have another stone off but am not sure whether that will be a step too far for me. Would it de-motivate me if I didn't make it? After all my original goal for Christmas Day was met last week so I'm kind of on a high from that.

I'm prepared to try anything to aid my weight loss as I think this keeps me motivated and interested as well. So in the latest addition to my weight loss tools I have bought Paul McKenna's "I can make you thin" and also downloaded Glenn Harrold's "Lose Weight Now", to which I went to sleep with last night. Actually I fell asleep about 15 minutes into it but they say these guys can talk to your sub-concious mind anyway. Of course only time will tell if it helps at all.

I also got out my Wii Fit+ last night and after the usual sarcastic comments from the little guy on it I done a little bit of exercise (only about 12 minutes!!) and then this morning again (15 minutes) before getting showered. I have my own routine which isn't too strenuous, bearing in mind that I am still a big guy and have high blood pressure etc so I don't want me keeling over and being found lying on the balance board in my boxers :D I usually start with a hula hoop, then a football balance, then the dance step plus, then the kung fu, then some stomach muscle toning, and then finish with another dance step plus. All in the living room on my own of course cos I'm sure I ain't a pretty site :confused: I have also started doing the dance moves to the Hokey Cokey, Agadoo and the Superman song by Black Lace. I laugh at myself how I over emphasise all the moves to use up more energy and if anyone else was looking in I would be shamed for life:D

Anyhow, I have rambled on long enough for now.. Good times!

Gerry

Good for you Gerry, it helps when ur enjoying it so much, my hubby was going to buy me a wii fit for xmas but was looking at diff reviews and i've opted for the ea sports personal trainer pack, which you can use with or without the board, so can't wait to try that out, it looks really good....j

ust back from the gym now and feel very energised. I never thought i'd ever step foot in a gym but joined up with one of my friends about 4 weeks ago and absolutely love it and its amazing how my fitness level has increased in such a short time. I could barely do 2 mins on the cross trainer at first but i'm now up to 20 mins! very proud of myself to say the least!

have a great day gerry....happy healthy eating!.x

Cheers Shlinz... I have the Wii personal trainer disk and tbh I tried it once and it was too tough for me and I'm not scared to admit it. After about 8 minutes I was knackered :cry:

At this stage I am happy enough with Wii Fit+ because I can do it at my own pace. I also have a treadmill at home which does all the inclines and stuff and have been using that as well.

I am debating whether to start swimming or not but I'm not sure whether my local leisure centre is ready for the unveiling of my body just yet :D I have just done my 3rd photograph since starting and I can definitely see a massive change specially round my face and tummy. My wife commented in today's picture you can even see my belt which has been hiding under my belly in the last two pictures :( Now... where can I buy a nice pair of cerise sppedos? :D

Hey,

keep up the good work on the wii fit and treadmill and i'm sure ul be a pro at the personal trainer in no time!!
I'm with you on the swimming thing, I need a massive boost before I could even think of unveiling myself on the locals!! Plus the fact that I can't really swim, but i'm hoping that by the time I go on my holiday in Sept i'll have shed a good few stones and be confident enough to strut my new little bod in a bikini!!!! lol and my hubby can help me to swim.

I really need to start taking photos to help me see the difference, it's a great way to keep u focused..x

Cerise speedo's..........fantastic........but must have yellow polkadots on them too!!! lol

No no Shlinz.... yellow polka dots would just look ridiculous!!! :D

Maybe I should look for one of those all in one bathing suits they use to use in the forties... you remember them? I only know about them cos I have seen pictures ;)

oi cheeky:eek:.........i'm an 80's child.......well born in 1979!!! lol
wellllllll before my time!! hehe!!:D

maybe one day it'll be a borat!!!!:D:p

Linz

A mankini? God, I'm squirming even at the thought of that :)

Maybe I should just go to the pool when no-one else is there? Any ideas what time of the day swimming pools dont have anyone in them?

yep, defo a mankini!!! :p

hmm, only when they're closed. :D
maybe start going first thing in the morning as they open and hope that the folk that normally go are lazy sod's....:p

Ok so I have to be in work for 9am and that's 25 minutes away. So we're talking maybe 7.30am for a swim?

Hmm not sure how long that would last.... maybe last thing at night would be better.... must ring and find out opening hours.

Now to sort out my costume :)

Good luck and let us no how u get on. i'm off to work now, will pop on about 10pm to see how everyones doing.

have a good one.

Dont be working to hard now! Let me see... at 10 o'clock I'll be on my way home from the movies after watching Law Abiding Citizen. I may perhaps check in to see who's said what! :D

I used to go swimming @ 7am when it opened & it was full of oap's - twas lovely - no splashing, nice steady pace & no kids screaming !!

OAP's would suit me fine, I don't think they'd be interested in how I look :D

Am going to get me some kind of swimwear and I'm starting very soon.... I promise! :)

The movie was excellent, probably one of Gerard Butler's finest performances I'd say and I should know as the wife is a massive fan of his and I get dragged along to all his movies! Tbh, I did enjoy it though.

Back