Gerry's Diary - 60lbs off, 20% achieved!

Ahh, good to have you back Gerry, now that xmas is over we can all settle back down and get back to putting 100% in!!

Hope everythings good on the homefront...and glad to see you've started to look into the swimming!!..

Keep it up Gerry..x

good to see you again Gerry. Glad to hear things are resolved at home.

So... i'm doing something right apparently! :)

Jumped on the scales this morning and voila! 3lbs off since New Year's Day! I had it in my head that things weren't going to kick in again because of my over-indulgence over Christmas/New year but I am happy now that I see my body has started discarding the excess once again. All this with not one bit of exercise :(, in the past 3 weeks or so is amazing. If anything I am now more determined to reach my goals for the year than I ever have been before and can really see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Last night I gave the actifry another shot using fry light. The missus wasn't overly impressed and prefers the chips done in olive oil so I'll know for the future. Cant believe we had fish, chips, beans and 4 rounds of bread and butter for 12½ points. Who said this weight loss isnt enjoyable? :D

Think I'll have my favourite chicken, mash and roasted veg today for dinner. You can't beat old favourites. This morning was 3 turkey rashers (1pt) & 3 toast (2pts) to get the metabolism going. That's one thing I have to say, since starting my new lifestyle I haven't missed breakfast once and that definitely makes the difference. As described to me by a friend... having breakfast is like lighting a fire.... if the fire is blazing from first thing in the morning then anything you put on it burns up very quickly throughout the day instead of trying to put stuff in the fire when it is just glowing. Does that make sense? :)

Anyhow, must go and get some work done. Just had to share my loss with you guys. TTFN

Ahh, good to have you back Gerry, now that xmas is over we can all settle back down and get back to putting 100% in!!
Hope everythings good on the homefront...and glad to see you've started to look into the swimming!!..

Keep it up Gerry..x
Thanks Linz, think I have settled back nicely now. With the swimming it's just a matter of getting the first one out of the way and then it will be just part of our routine from then on in. As you know, family life has been a little bit testing over recent days so now that is sorted, I'm gonna put my head on the block here and state that before next Sunday, I will have at least been swimming once even though I'm off to Dublin on Friday and Saturday. How's that for commitment for you? :D

Thanks Linz, think I have settled back nicely now. With the swimming it's just a matter of getting the first one out of the way and then it will be just part of our routine from then on in. As you know, family life has been a little bit testing over recent days so now that is sorted, I'm gonna put my head on the block here and state that before next Sunday, I will have at least been swimming once even though I'm off to Dublin on Friday and Saturday. How's that for commitment for you? :D

Good for you Gerry!!!

Dublin eh??...I was there in Dec 2008 for weekend and loved it! Desperate to go back again.

One my my workmates went on Fri but I heard the airport was closed yest so don't know if she's got home or not today!!! lol..x

Gosh Gerry you sound really focused,well done!
I think I,ll definitely be visiting your diary for some motivation:D

hiya Gerry, well done on your 3lbs off already - thats fantastic stuff :)

ive heard of these actifrys.. they sound fab - are they worth the money? x

HI Rachael

Well the jury is still out tbh. I have used it three times now and only once were the chips terrible but that's just because I didn't put any oil over them. It will be a case of trial and error in the next few weeks. The thing is, I don't want it just to be a glorified chip pan, I want to do allsorts in it but it's just finding the time to get more recipes. The book comes with about 30 recipes and I am looking forward to cooking spag bol in it among other things. If anyone out there has any good recipes for it, I'm all ears! :D

BTW, Rachael, whats the craic with this team thing? How do I join and whats it all about? Is there any criteria? PM me and let me know?

Thanks in advance - Gerry

:D all mine ever gets used for is chips and roast potatoes let us know how the spag bol goes wont the mixture fall through the hole in the middle when you take out the paddle ? lol

Not sure Babs, but surely if you can cook Chilli in it then spag bol must be alright. Isn't chilli in the recipe book? Or maybe I'm dreaming that I seen it in there! :confused::rolleyes:

teams are a bit of a mess atm Gerry.. will get back to you on that x

Just thought I'd share this little habit I have got used to since I started on my new journey. My taste in music ranges from Clannad to Horslips to The Jam to Lily Allen :rolleyes:

But, one song that I listen to every single day without fail and it undoubtedly spurs me on is 'Proud' by Heather Small.

Thought I'd post the lyrics for anyone who doesn't know it...

I look into the window of my mind
Reflections of the fears I know I've left behind
I step out of the ordinary
I can feel my soul ascending
I am on my way
Can't stop me now
And you can do the same

What have you done today to make you feel proud?
It's never too late to try
You could be so many people
If you make that break for freedom

Still so many answers I don't know
Realise that to question is how we grow
So I step out of the ordinary
I can feel my soul ascending
I am on my way
Can't stop me now
And you can do the same

It's never too late to try
You could be so many people

We need a change
Do it today
I can feel my spirit rising
We need a change
So do it today
'Cause I can see a clear horizon

So what have you done today to make you feel proud?
'Cause you could be so many people
What have you done today
You could be so many people?
Just make that break for freedom

i really like that Gerry! :) i think theres a lot of music out there that inspires you to do different things.. a friend once told me he hopelessly adored a woman who was seeing someone else, and he told me about a song - Mellow Doubt by Teenage Fanclub. I don't hear it much but the odd occasion I have heard it, the lyrics make me well up with tears - not exactly the same but i know how music can affect your mood and spur you to do things you wouldnt usually :)

how is your week going? xx

Gerry isnt that the song they use in the background on 'biggest loser'?

'Torn' by Rebecca Umbruglia (sp?) has me welling up-mrB had a motyrbike accident a few years back and had to have several lots of sugery and he said it always seemed to be on in the theatre just before they knocked him out-now i cant hear it without thinking of that !! My 'up' song is ' i will survive' by Gloria Gaynor, but 'You outgha know ' by Alannis Morrisette is a very close second,
Music has such and effect on us doesnt it ?

Nothing wrong with Lily Allen sir! Saw her live in December, was outstanding!

I have a couple of songs I like as well as a kind of helping hand at times, nothing wrong with it.

how is your week going? xx
Hi Rachael

This is my really busy week at work. We have a seminar in Dublin on Saturday for which I prepare all the audio visual for and right now I am editing a 2 hour video for DVD for Saturday also. So to say I'm up to my eyes would be an understatement! :rolleyes:

On the weight loss front I just kind of let that happen itself. I am panicking cos I made a promise on here that I would get swimming at least once this week but doesn't look like thats gonna happen as I just cant find the time with my schedule this week. As long as I stick to my points I'll be fine (I hope! :D)

On another note my mate's uncle, (who suffers from schizophrenia) has been missing since Thursday night and they discovered today that there has been a big sum of money taken from his bank since and they are now thinking he may be being held against his will so I am trying to be a rock for my mate who is having a terrible time over it. It kind of puts everything else into perspective when something like that happens doesn't it?

For any of you who are inclined, it would be nice if you could say a prayer for his safe return.

That is all...

Hi Jane

I'm not sure if they use that song in the biggest loser as I have never watched it to be honest. It just means so much to me and I love listening to it. It made me realise that I had to change and now I can honestly say that I am proud of myself and hope I become a better person out of all this. My radical lifestyle change has surprised anyone who knows me (including myself!! :)) and my mother rings me at least once a week to tell me how proud she is of me for sorting my life out. Every lunchtime now I visit my daughter and little grandson and he reminds of how important it is for me to make myself a better person and to get as healthy as I can so I see the little man grow up and become a man himself. A lot of you maybe don't know the extent of the health issues I was facing, and indeed still am facing, and my user name is so true... that now I want to be "Old Before I Die", because for a while there it didn't seem like I was going to make it. When the doc tells you you are a stroke waiting to happen and immediately sends you home to medicate and rest and come back in 4 hours... you know it's serious.

But hey, I don't want to bore you with all my woes. I am doing something about it now and surely that's all that matters.

Onwards and downwards!! :D

Back