Gerry's Diary - 60lbs off, 20% achieved!

Thanks Fitz, you too!

I'm having a fabulous weekend... just done my WI and I have broken my 10% goal! The Wii fit has told me that I am losing weight too quickly and it is concerned about my health!! Bugger it, an average 3lbs a week is fine by me, he can panic all he likes, I aint's changing anything :D

Well done Gerry.....fab weight loss and don't take any notice of the wii fit guy!!! lol

U seen about the swimmin yet??

Hiya Shlinz

Fanks for the encouragement!

Have enquired about the swimming times and stuff but still, those cerise pink speedos still alude me :D, but I'm still looking!

How was your weekend?

Hi ya Gerry,

Just read your entire diary and welcome to mini's! Congrats on your amazing loss so far. How is the Mrs doing?

When I got up to the bit about LBD, I went and tried on some of my wardrobe and this has spurred me on a little and I have now put a couple of jeans to the top of the pile for inspiration! I have several LBD's in varying sizes should you need to borrow one... LMAO!!

Your grandson is truly adorable.

Well done and onwards and downwards we go hey!

Bren
X

Hiya Bren, and welcome to my humble abode on minimins!

Thanks for the encouragement on my loss and well done on your own achievements.

I'm glad you felt inspired enough to go check out your wardrobe, I am finding little treasures in there all the time now. Last night it was a couple of pairs of trousers that now fit. They were bought at some stage in the past and still have the labels on (as do most of the clothes in my wardrobe!!) so it's almost like getting myself a new wardrobe, only I have already incurred the cost :)

The missus weighed herself this morning and although she isn't as serious as me about losing some weight, she does follow her WW points allowance well and we were both very pleased to see she has lost 21lbs in the space of time that I have lost 31lbs, and that's her not even trying, just sticking to points. She got a big well done from me this morning and I am delighted for her. It makes it a lot easier having her by my side supporting eachother.

Oz is the place I could perhaps get my cerise pink speedos for my swimming! :D

Hi well done on your weightloss so far. That is great that your wife is counting points along with you. You have both done very well. I have put my hubby on it today, so he is away to work with his ww friendly packed lunch. Not sure how many points he should have though, he is nearly 19 stone and 5'11. Anyway well done to you both x

Hi Betty, firstly a big huge well done on 7lbs off this week! You must feel brilliant!! Keep up the good work!

Thanks for the kind words about mine and the wife's losses too. I'm glad to hear your hubby is now on WW and was happy enough to take his new style lunch to work this morning. This plan works just as well for men too. Regarding his point allowance, there is a sticky at the top of the WW section telling you how to work out points allowance, I would have worked it out for you but I didn't know a few of the variables, but I'm sure if you take a look you'll be able to sort it out for him.

Now.... tell us how you managed that incredible 7lb off in one week, come on share your secrets :)

Hi thanks, i will check out that sticky. To be honest i think i had a good first loss because i ate a good few pieces of fruit every day and drank lots of water. Any time i have done a plan like this (i used to do scottish slimmers which is a bit similar) i have ate hardly any food in order to have enough cals left to eat sweets crisps etc. This time with ww i'm having a fresh start, my first priority is to make sure i have my 3 meals a day and reasonable portions. and to include at least 1 or 2 points worth of fruit. Also normally when i do like sw or someting i am good all week then binge at the weekend, this time i made sure i saved points all week and had some wine on sat night and a few low point nibbles. This way i enjoyed my night but didn't come off plan. The support from minis has defo helped too!!

Oh and well done for getting to your 10% body fat x

Hi Gerry,still going well there i see,tho not in that dress yet ?!
You are so lucky to have your mrs on board. MrB is VERY supportive of my weight loss efforts but is sadly (!) built like a racing snake and has a hearty appetite so he does really know what its like-its good that you have a partner in crime as it were !!

Keep it up matey !!

Hey Gerry, weekend was good.....had my weigh in tonight and only lost a wee pound! But after a night out on Sat it's to be expected I suppose!

Glad your one step closer to the swimming pool....just need the next step and there'll be no stopping you!

How was ur weekend?x

Hello again Jane

What is your OH's secret that keeps his metabolism racing so he doesn't pile on the lbs like the rest of us? :)

I guess I'll have to give the black dress a miss as I don't really have the figure for it :D

Hiya Shlinz

Well done on your loss.

My weekend was busy if nothing else. Took my wee grandson up to see his great granny and grandad and took some nice pics of my dad's roses whilst testing my new lens. Have promised myself to get the 4 generations in a photo before the end of the year.

This wendie thing cant be right, I seem to be eating a lot trying to use up points on the high days. The low days were easy enough with me eating sometimes 9 points below my allowance but then this allows for at least one very high day which had me on 42 points! Still between last Wednesday and today i have lost a couple of lbs, and it will be interesting to see next Sundays WI results to see if the plan makes a difference.

I keep threatening to sort out some swimming shorts/trunks but haven't got around to it yet. Am considering asking Santa for a bike as well but the jury is still out on that one.

Work Christmas dinner this weekend so it will be a testing time for me and the missus (we work in the same office) but I don't intend to overindulge that much :D

I have also promised myself a few new clothes in the January sales as my jeans are literally falling off me if I losen my belt at all. I almost have to use a ratchet and strap to keep them up as it is these days :D

Anyhow, what's everyone else expecting from Santa?

Hi
Hope you are having a good weekend - check out those pink speedos.......

Wishing you a Very Merry Xmas :)

Hi all, sorry I haven't been around, way too many work dinners to attend and very busy trying to actually get some work done! :)

Anyhow, weighed myself this morning so I can work out the damage limitation over the festive period and was delighted to be 4lbs down since last time. I was kind of scared to get on the scales as I have slightly over-indulged over the past week or so (well, it is Christmas :rolleyes:). I've even been on the pear cider but was strict enough to still take my supplements before every meal, which has definitely helped.

Anyway, just wanted to wish you all a really happy and joyous Christmas. I have my little grandson, Dylan, here for Santa Claus coming and he's about to wake up to a very nice helping of Christmas kindness. I love this time of year and just to see his little face light up with just the presence of the Christmas tree, makes everything else seem so immaterial to me.

Enjoy your Christmas and I'll see you all in the new year hopefully after not having gained too much (I'll try to be good!!)
ttfn

Opps! Nearly forgot to add another "bouncing 7" to celebrate my 35 pounds off!

Well done on another 7 ! Hope you had a lovely Xmas Day :)

Back