Get a tape measure!

judimac

Mad old Bat with Attitude
I have been doing my measurements since Day1 when I nearly had a coronary :eek: I do them every month, and last month I lost 4.5lbs BUT I lost 1/2" off my bust, and an inch off both my waist and hips! As I get nearer to target the rate of shrinkage is speeding up!
So when the scales are slowing down you ARE still shrinking!

Very good advice for those struggling Huni.
Ive lost 17 inches from my waist alone! Yes....I was a very big girl!

I wholeheartedly endorse the tape measure tactic!! USE IT! It's such a good pick up, especially when your losses seem to be slowing down or stalling. Measuring yourself and realising you're still losing *actual* inches (or cm) and changing shape even if the scales aren't moving, is a really good pick-me-up and incentive to keep going when the going gets tough.

And Judi, you're right, it's definitely more noticable further down the scale. I seem to be shrinking at a more rapid rate inches-wise now I've less to go. I think it's because 1 or 2 lbs is more noticable when there's less poundage overall.

Good post, Wise Judi :D

When I lost all my weight the first time I remember one particularly discouraging week when a weight loss didn't show up at all. Luckily I was measuring, and I'd lost 5 inches off my hips, bust, waist and thighs. Next week the loss showed up as 5lbs. Sometimes weight loss doesn't always show up straight away, but inches do. Don't ask me why!

Back