Get it off your chest :o)

mums that go for TA jobs just becos it fits in with school holidays, not because they genuinly have a passion for the job. Theres already enough competetion out there thank you!

people who dont offer to help when they are clearly not doing anything and you are struggeling

mums that yell obscene things at thier children

Money, why should i work my ass off for F*ck all money, when it appears everyone else is better off doing sat at home. I love my job, but we struggle, and right now getting married and having children seems impossible.

when supermarkets dont have the specific thing you went for. grrr.

May I get this stuff off my chest?

My consultant grinds my gears. I texted her this morning to say I was ill and couldn't make it to WI - no reply. This is not the first time that has happened. She NEVER acknowledges any texts and has only answered her phone once - even then, she was in a hurry to cut me off. I have texted her maybe 10 times since starting SW? Letting her know I won't be attending, asking for a recipe she mentioned in the last class, even just wishing her a nice weekend as we knew she was having a tough time. She has emailed me ONCE, earlier this week, pushing 12 week countdowns to be a stone lighter in time for Christmas. I tried to approach her a couple of weeks ago about getting a list of my weekly gains and losses from the beginning of my journey - I couldn't even make eye contact with her even though she was sat a metre away from me, and then as I stepped off the scale to go and ask her, she got up and walked off.

My sister also grinds my gears. She hasn't spoken to me in maybe two months? We live in the same house, share a bedroom, and I have tried to make conversation but no, she continues to hold a grudge because I told my mum that she pisses me off.

I think that's all for now, I don't want to get too moany... xxx

TOTALLY AGREE WITH YOU FERN!

'I'm going to be a dinnerlady once X starts school because my friend did it and she said it's only two hours and only when the kids are in' is another one that gets on my nerves - yeah, OK, fine, it makes perfect sense, but don't do it just because your friend did it. Isn't that what parents spend most of our childhoods telling us NOT to do?

I think it is ok to a certain point as we need to have some cut backs to get out of the damage that we are in. However, what I don't think is fair is two people with a combined earnings still elegable and single parents with over the threashold not being entitled to it.

I totally agree with everyone on here who is annoyed with the Child Benefit changes - me and my OH together don't earn over the threshold so will still be eligible for CHB so at the moment at least we are not directly affected but I cannot believe the unfairness of the government for changing it this way just because it is easier than tackling it in a fairer way - What's all that about!!!!

I have a major problem with people you meet in the street. You say "hi", and they say "y'alright". Perhaps its a local thing to me, but i never know how to reply! Do you stop and explain how you are, do you ignore the question, or do you just say "fine thanks, you?" (which might be a lie!). Problem is, seeing as you are passing them, by the time you've decided (or said anything at all in reply), they've gone! It's always puzzled me.

And text speak - i see no point really. But then maybe i'm old before my time!

I work in a school and i specifically did it because i wanted more time with my children at home. But i love my job and i hope that i make a difference with the children. I am not a TA and i work in the office. Plus i am the wage earner and my hubby is a stay at home dad and he will be looking at getting just a small part time job, and no we dont claim benefits. but i must admit that we would be finanically better off if i didnt work.

There are mum's at my kids school who don't work, as they wouldn't earn more than their benefits! So yes, people do get paid that amount in benefits! I sometimes wonder what I'm doing wrong in life, and why can't I scam the system like them? Oh yeah, I'm too proud too!! That's it!!

I don't know how else this country is gonna sort the debt out. As nasty as it seems, stop sending money to other countries perhaps? Look closer to home first? Maybe the banks HUGE bonuses they got last year should have gone back into that debt, considering an amount of that debt was caused by them?

my sister in law was telling me that she watched the debate last night. and i agree with what they were saying. if you are non-workers why should you get more money for having more children. i couldnt go to my employer and say "oh i am having another 3 children so pay me more wages".
In America they have to work for Welfare in some states. i think that its a good idea.
someone that i know has 4 kids, both of them dont work. she gets invidiality benefit as she has a sore back !!, they get a holiday paid by the government every year plus £50 each spending money. and after they have paid all their weekly bills they have £250 a week left in their pocket to do food shopping and entertainment. You can see why they say it is not worth them working as he would have to earn over 50k to have that much cash.

my sister in law was telling me that she watched the debate last night. and i agree with what they were saying. if you are non-workers why should you get more money for having more children. i couldnt go to my employer and say "oh i am having another 3 children so pay me more wages".
In America they have to work for Welfare in some states. i think that its a good idea.
someone that i know has 4 kids, both of them dont work. she gets invidiality benefit as she has a sore back !!, they get a holiday paid by the government every year plus £50 each spending money. and after they have paid all their weekly bills they have £250 a week left in their pocket to do food shopping and entertainment. You can see why they say it is not worth them working as he would have to earn over 50k to have that much cash.

The work for welfare thing in the US is a good idea, but isn't that why we work and pay National Insurance and tax?

Ok, my turn.

As a parent on benefits - I can tell you that is not an easy job. Of course there will be people who take advantage of the system to shirk BUT a great deal of people end up on benefits through no fault of their own. In my own case, as well as dealing with long term depression issues which do not shift via the normal means, I also had a son who was diagnosed with a form of autism and who had so many problems in the school environment that we ended up having to home educate him because THE SYSTEM could not provide an education that met his needs.

As a result, I have been out of work now for 9 years, and yes, during that time I had two other daughters and my benefits increased. If I COULD work, I WOULD work now my daughters are in school, but who on earth is going to employ someone with my work history and who doesnt know from one month to the next whether or not she is capable of getting out of bed and facing the world in the morning?

There are something like 4-6 times as many people unemployed as there are vacancies available. I am one of the LAST people who would ever be considered for employment and that wont suddenly change if they drop the money I struggle to live on as it is.

Please bear in mind that people on benefits are individuals and are not ALL workshy slackers.

I totally agree with cutting child benefit in fact I think it should be stopped altogether and the reason is it was originally introduced after the war so the women stayed at home looking after their children so the men could have the jobs which were available. This is now so outdated, also nobody asked me to have children this was my choice so why should I be paid for them.

Benefits should be cut to below the minimum wage, if was capped at the minimum wage this wouldn't encourage those who can work get a job. However, there are people who genuinely can't work who are entitled to benefits. At the moment my daughter isn't working, she could claim benefits but wont as she doesn't want to. So me & OH support her as best we can.

Lateness, rude behaviour, bad driving, lies OH not putting his dirty pots in the dishwasher, OH not putting his papers in the paper bag, OH putting his shredding on top of the shredder & not in it:eek:

And......... when ringing customer services & they say 'I think so' well I don't want think so I want to know ahhhhh.

If you've read this far you'll realise I could go on, but for now thats all. Except I am genuinely a positive, happy person & I love wine, chocolate & life:D Oh I almost forgot I also love my OH.

Ok, my turn.

As a parent on benefits - I can tell you that is not an easy job. Of course there will be people who take advantage of the system to shirk BUT a great deal of people end up on benefits through no fault of their own. In my own case, as well as dealing with long term depression issues which do not shift via the normal means, I also had a son who was diagnosed with a form of autism and who had so many problems in the school environment that we ended up having to home educate him because THE SYSTEM could not provide an education that met his needs.

As a result, I have been out of work now for 9 years, and yes, during that time I had two other daughters and my benefits increased. If I COULD work, I WOULD work now my daughters are in school, but who on earth is going to employ someone with my work history and who doesnt know from one month to the next whether or not she is capable of getting out of bed and facing the world in the morning?

There are something like 4-6 times as many people unemployed as there are vacancies available. I am one of the LAST people who would ever be considered for employment and that wont suddenly change if they drop the money I struggle to live on as it is.

Please bear in mind that people on benefits are individuals and are not ALL workshy slackers.

that is the problem though isnt it. There are lots of genuine reasons for people to be on benefits and no one is questioning them, it's the ones that stay on it to milk the system. The likes of the ones that we see constantly in the papers. Benefits should be only for people who need it and are in circumstances like yourself. x

I should probably stay away from this thread... I could moan for Scotland!!

Being on benfits can turn in to a poverty trap especially if you end up better of with getting paid for housing tax etc. Also with benefits you lose about £30 of your money when you apply for joint benefits so no wounder people live seperately, I wish the goverment would change they way they pay for couples of benefits because 30pounds is a load to lose in a fortnightly basis.
I am on benefits due to my mental health conditions, however, I do volunteer work up to about 16hours so not everyone on benefits are coach potatoes and some people are genunine have difficulties stopping them from working, it just a shame that some people are not genunine.

It really annoys me when people without children say parents shouldnt get any child benefit - if you can't afford them don't have them.
As far as I see it, having a small number of children is doing my bit for the country....
It's the children that will be the doctors/ nurses etc when these moaners break their hips and want the nhs to replace them. If noone but the super rich had kids then what would happen?
I wouldn't need child benefit if childcare wasn't so blasted expensive.
If the government was to put more money into free childcare (13hours at 3 doesn't do anything) then I'm sure many more mothers would go out to work.
Oh, and better, well paid opportunities for part time working mums. I'm lucky to have got a job share. However, I have zero chance of ever getting a promotion as you cant manage people part time. I can't leave as what else is there for me? I can't afford to work for minimum wage!

Back