Get it off your chest :o)

drivers that sit in the in the middle or fast lane on motorways doing 50 when there's nothing in the slow lane... move over it's so dangerous and no need for it

I get the feeling that a lot of what I'm about to say will not make me popular:fear: but hay I've never been 1 to ass kiss :kissass: and i started this thread so we could all have a little vent :character00148: . Can i just say i have not an will not criticize other ppl for having/posting their opinion so please don't have a go at me for mine!:)

Re child benefit: Before I became a single parent "we" would have been over the earning bracket. It would have p!$$ed me off immensely that they would cut my child benefit :flamingmad: because like 99% of the population I live just out side my means!:dooney:
Most people will always spend slightly more than they should and the more money they earn the more they spend :rolleyes:, it a human thing I'm not criticizing this, just saying how it seems to me.

The benefits capping thing: I appreciate that there are genuine cases where people cant work, but in my previous job I was a benefits officer (all hate me now:hitthefan:) and for ever 1 genuine case there where 10 -15 "cant be bothered", "why should i", "i get more money claiming" :zz:. Benefits need to be capped because of people like this exist. I also hated "i cant work i have kids".........HELLO i have 3, "i cant work my kids is disabled" again HELLO so is one of mine but she goes to school so i have 6 hours a day free , "i cant work I'm my child's carer" NO YOUR NOT your its mother!!!! I have 3 children. I work a 40 hour week. I work nights so I sleep when they go to school and work while they sleep its not that hard. you just have to get on with it!:snooty:

I don't agree that only the rich should have children (obviously I am not rich and I have kids) when I was younger (in a very simple way) it was explained to me that adults worked and paid tax and NI, this paid for the retired and elderly and to educate the young so they would get jobs and the cycle would start again (I think tax credits for child care for working parents are the right idea just not sufficient). So by having children you ensure the economy. Unfortunately it does not work and is not going to working like that.
To me this goes had it had with claim culture.......its all the same let some one else deal with it, pay for it, take the blame for it. No one seems to take responsibility for their actions or the consequences of them!
So yes I do agree with the capping but not as a fix to the economy its no where near enough to cover the country's debts :deadhorse: and it is unfair to sell it that way. there are far quicker ways to to sort the massive debit this country has been put in to and less "controversial" ones.

I love a good debate (as you may have gathered) and discussing peoples opinion's at ideas but hate it when someone giving their "opinion" cant justify/argue it or back it up. I love to listened to what other people think. I believe it is how we get perspective from other points of view and how we learn but when I say "why do u think/do/feel/act/vote/choose/like/dislike that way?" and the response is " cos i do" or "thats just what i think and thats that" I get so infuriated. How can you propagate a point of view if you cant form an opinion??

Sorry if all that was so boring but it helped me as i cant remember what it was that annoyed me in the 1st place !!:brainfart:

Bus lanes.

On a number of occasions I've been driving along with an empty bus lane to my left and a bloody big bus infront of me trundling along at 30 in a 50 zone.

Bloody Portway (Bristol), what a farce

The benefits capping thing: I appreciate that there are genuine cases where people cant work, but in my previous job I was a benefits officer (all hate me now:hitthefan:) and for ever 1 genuine case there where 10 -15 "cant be bothered", "why should i", "i get more money claiming" :zz:. Benefits need to be capped because of people like this exist. I also hated "i cant work i have kids".........HELLO i have 3, "i cant work my kids is disabled" again HELLO so is one of mine but she goes to school so i have 6 hours a day free , "i cant work I'm my child's carer" NO YOUR NOT your its mother!!!! I have 3 children. I work a 40 hour week. I work nights so I sleep when they go to school and work while they sleep its not that hard. you just have to get on with it!:snooty:

I'm on Benefit and have to agree, kind of. Those using the system need to be weeded out and shot so those who have genuine need can be cared for better.
I'm now looking to get back to work but have spent a good part of the past 6 months in hospital being poisoned, irradiated and generally at deaths door so i'd like to think I'm a genuine case!

I hate English language especially as it when it comes to 'exceptions' my mind gets confuddled!

Are you not English Lovelife ??

Every language has its exceptions. Spanish is even more complicated.

I hate people who park in Disabled spaces and are clearly not - and the parking chaps dont fine them :(

I also hate traffic wardens who get you for your ticket running out 2 seconds after it has.

I hate rain.

I hate driving in snow cos hardly anyone can!!!

I hate being cold and then being too hot, and then cold again.

That will be my rants for starters......!!! xxx

I also hate traffic wardens who get you for your ticket running out 2 seconds after it has.

That could well be my return to work job :fear:

I promise to give 5 mins leaway if I get this job. After that, you'll be mine mwahaha.

I hate people who park in Disabled spaces and are clearly not - and the parking chaps dont fine them :(

This is a 100% no-no for me and I think that the cars should be towed away and a heavy fine impossed.

I totally agree with the disabled parking one, however... My husband is disabled and more often than not if it's nice outside we will have driven down to our town (5mins from our house) if we are shopping and park in a disabled space which he is well within his rights to, and he will choose to drive himself home (in his wheelchair). I am young and clearly not disabled but people need to think about things like this, and also the person maybe picking up or dropping off a disabled person and chooses to grab some bits from a shop before or after. Before people jump on the bandwagon saying if the latter is the case we need the space around and behind our car to access the ramp and the clamps for the chair!

And while we're on the subject people who totally ignore the please leave room for a wheelchair on the backs of the cars and still park up the backside of it.

And as for tickets don't even get me started on that one, we went to our local cinema and (hands up my fault) forgot to put the blue badge up, but you can clearly see the vehicle is adapted for a wheelchair aswell as disabled and please leave room for chair stickers, but on this occasion we got a ticket, yet time and time again in the very same car park I have seen Tesco staff with no badges using these spaces and not getting tickets!!

Sorry rant over

I am english but have autism and get confused with all the different changes that happen. I am really rubbish with grammer etc due difficulties but thankfully my boyfriend helps me out with it all!

Are you not English Lovelife ??

Every language has its exceptions. Spanish is even more complicated.

I am english but have autism and get confused with all the different changes that happen. I am really rubbish with grammer etc due difficulties but thankfully my boyfriend helps me out with it all!

You seem to be doing pretty well, educationally too.

hugs xx

I totally agree with the disabled parking one, however... My husband is disabled and more often than not if it's nice outside we will have driven down to our town (5mins from our house) if we are shopping and park in a disabled space which he is well within his rights to, and he will choose to drive himself home (in his wheelchair). I am young and clearly not disabled but people need to think about things like this, and also the person maybe picking up or dropping off a disabled person and chooses to grab some bits from a shop before or after. Before people jump on the bandwagon saying if the latter is the case we need the space around and behind our car to access the ramp and the clamps for the chair!

I understand the people who accompany people who are disabled, but i am more angered about seeing clearly 'non disabled' cars in the spaces - eg - Porches or other sporty cars - that are clearly not mobility cars!!! Or huge 4 by 4 that just think it is thier right to park close cos they have a huge expensive car - not a blue badge in sight!

Another little annoyance is people who park right by the door over 2 spaces. I can see the point of not getting your car dinked by car door swinging open etc, esp if it (the car) costs a packet, but for goodness sake, park further away where the car park is empty to do this, if you must!!!! :mad:
x

Oh disabled parking, yep this another annoyance of mine, people who are not disabled parking in a disabled spot. Especially when I need one:mad:

Once I parked up at a disabled spot & an elderly guy walking past pointed at the ground, I got out & looked at him & he said 'its disabled parking' to which I replied yes I know. We need more people like him to challenge non disabled drivers.

And disabled spaces which aren't wide enough, my MiL is disabled & needs help getting out of the car, when the space isn't larger than normal we have real difficulty.

people parking in the children spaces, just because they have a flash car and dont want to get it scratched.

Back