Get it off your chest :o)

My rant is bad manners of any kind. Any aggressive behaviour. Shouting in temper. Illogically disliking someone without knowing the person well enough to make judgement. DH does this sometimes.

my Rant is at irresponsible dog walkers, who let there mutts run all over the place off the lead and attack my poor dogs when i have mine on a lead!and in general just don't control there dogs!

I have lost count the amount of times my big dog has been attacked whilst been on his lead, usually little ankle snappers, i now shout "get your dog sorted or i will let mine of the lead to defend himself!!!"

he is 13 stone of muscle with a 32 inch neck, so they soon get there mutts back on there lead.

could go on and on ranting and raving as i think your picking up by now my doggies are my babies!!!

The lack of manners with anything annoies me. A simple thank you if you hold a door open, please, no thank you etc. And said with a smile is so much nicer too! Do you know who I find lacks in all the above? OAP's! I do admit to shouting out thank you if I let them pass, hold a door open etc for them! My sister tells me off for doing so, but what gives them the right to not use manners? I've dragged my kids up with manners (they do sometimes need reminding!) but they cost nothing to learn and use, and will get you so much further in life, I think!
OMG This is exactly what I do!!!
I always shout "don't mention it!!" whenever I get ignored for holding a door open for someone - it really riles me!!
Grrr to people with no manners

my Rant is at irresponsible dog walkers, who let there mutts run all over the place off the lead and attack my poor dogs when i have mine on a lead!and in general just don't control there dogs!

I have lost count the amount of times my big dog has been attacked whilst been on his lead, usually little ankle snappers, i now shout "get your dog sorted or i will let mine of the lead to defend himself!!!"

he is 13 stone of muscle with a 32 inch neck, so they soon get there mutts back on there lead.

could go on and on ranting and raving as i think your picking up by now my doggies are my babies!!!

Couldn't agree more! I've got a Staffie, and yes, I do let her off of her lead, but only when I think it's okay to. Never round other dogs or children, but it's not cos what she would do to them (lick them, sniff them, get excited around them!) but cos of their stinking attitude about having a "dangerous dog!" Grrrr!!! And I alwaes pick up her poo, unlike some owners. That poo alwaes seems to end up on my kids shoes!

My sister has a miniture Jack Russell, and we alwaes joke that her dog would do more damage to mine, as my dog would choke on it! Ha ha!

Mine is littering. Why don't the council follow the kids home from school and sort them out when they drop all the sweet wrappers/coke cans etc on the floor? And I don't understand the mentality of people who throw their sandwich cartons and crisp packets out of the car windown - where do they think it goes? Do the fairies put it into the bin?
And swearing for no reason.
And bad manners.
And people who smoke where smoking is banned.
And text speak.

Oh dear, I sound so incredibly grumpy. I'm not. These are just things that get me cross!

people who barge past you on the train and dont say excuse me / or thank you if you move
spitting in the street
litter
rude people - no need really

People that put their bags next to them on the train and although the carriage is full - the bags stay put. I now look out for them and politely say - anyone sitting here and then wait for the withering look. FFS - selfish or what?

I totally agree with everyone on here who is annoyed with the Child Benefit changes - me and my OH together don't earn over the threshold so will still be eligible for CHB so at the moment at least we are not directly affected but I cannot believe the unfairness of the government for changing it this way just because it is easier than tackling it in a fairer way - What's all that about!!!!

My family telling my 7 year old (at the time) that he was going to grow up gay if he continued doing ballet. WTF, he doesnt even know what it means, he just says that he didnt think it was something nice to be!!! He was doing ballet as he had shattered his knee on a trampoline and it was and has helped him with his walking.
They make me sick, just because they dont do anything with their kids they think that they can critise mine. you just stay home with your kids having duvet days, whilst mine are out having fun :mad::mad:

At risk of getting a bashing....Without getting into too much of a debate, what is a fairer way? Whilst I think that there needs to be some changes as in it should be on joint household income, there should be a cap on when it is or isn't paid.
Same goes for old age heating allowance.

yes we pay our taxes etc but we are in a financial state in this country and I'd rather my CB was cut or removed that the NHS or schools suffer.

And before anyone jumps down my throat.... I will be one who loses out on my CB.

And swearing for no reason.
And bad manners.
And people who smoke where smoking is banned.
And text speak.

I do swear sometimes but when you have 600lbs of horse stood on your foot it is hard to say *dear, dear, please move darling horsey * But that does constitute good reason and I agree with you that to use bad and foul language just as normal conversational language is unintelligent and coarse.

Bad manners of any kind.

Text speak infuriates me and half the time I do not understand it.

I don't have any children yet, and this child benefit thing is already annoying me.

What also annoys me is that they are going to cut everyone else's benefits so that they're no more than £26k a year. Should be much bloomin' less than that if the government want people to actually go out and get a job!

Couldn't agree more with the train comments either...and I hate people who, on ram packed tube train, persist on keeping their rucksack on their back. If they moved it on the floor, I wouldn't end up with someone's Eastpack packed tight against my belly!

Grrrrrrr.

Ok, I'm done now. And breeeeeeeeeeeeeathe.

I agree Sue, and that does count for good reason in my book!!!
I also swear, mostly out of frustration but not in public and not in general conversation!!

I think capping peoples benefits to £26,000 a year is a joke!! If they are getting benefits like that it should be on the base line of the minimum wage and live off that.

Plenty of poeple (including myself) work for the minimum wage and have to live off it. If you arent working (this DOESNT include people who cannot genuinly work/are disabled etc etc, I mean people who simply cant be bothered!) then why should you get £26,000?

AARRGGHHH!

Rant over (I LOVE this thread by the way!) x

We are too much of a benefits society - £26000 - it's a shocker that you can get that much for NOT working? or have it got that a bit wrong? Crazy.

i know pf people that dont work as they get too much in benefits, this needs to be looked at. i also think that people that are on benefits should have to do some sort of work for it.

and fillymum, many a time as a horse stood on my foot whilst having a wee.

I agree £26000 is way too much. My H works long hours and really hard and gets less than that. We get CB but only a small amount of Tax Credits each month and we really struggle.

Those who genuinely need it I understand but those that are work shy really annoys me.

Back