Getting a grip

Another good day TH. I know what you mean about gentle exercise to start off with. I have just started to add a little bit of the stepping machine into my regime in addition to the bike. I will save the strenuous stuff till I am a bit lighter LOL. Hope today goes well x

Hope you had another great day x

Thanks for your comments folks :)

Soooooooo the gym was minimal because I developed a sore head. Luckily not with children in class today so it was bearable. Just a pain in the butt drinking so much then running mile up corridor to pee it out! Felt dizzy but it passed quickly.

Been to the dentist this evening. Got half a numb gob now. Had a filling which keeps falling out. I'm a sap. Hate dentists. Phobia central! My hearts racing just writing this.

Good news is that I'm not thinking of food :)

Hope this entry finds you well. Night night x

Night hun and well done for getting through another day x

Sent from my GT-I9505 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Awake very early. Probably cos bed early. That and an aching gob. Was aware of it through the night. Was hard trying to keep my fluids up with rubber lips. Spilled half the sparkling water down myself! Been drinking through the night to restore my stocks to avoid a headache today (fingers crossed!)

So no exercise today. Feeling drained after yesterday. Easy day. I really look forward to my sachets and enjoy them when the time comes :)

So today I will have

Breakfast: 1/3 bar with black coffee (decaf)

Lunch: 1/2 soup

Dinner: 1/2 soup, chillie,

Snack: remainder bar and coffee (decaf)

I have 2 dilemmas...

1. My work clothes are tight except one dress. I have worn it this week but want to wear it again because its comfortable. I hope no-one will notice! My alternative is a dress that is tight on my arms and makes me feel restricted.

2. A colleague has invited me for an Indian next Friday for her 40th (5.30 start) I'm new and senior management also, so I want to go to get to know them better. I was thinking of saying that I'm eating later in the evening and go for an hour. I cd arrive slightly late. The other alternative is that I say I'm eating later, order the dry chicken tikka starter and arrive on time. I don't know if this will send me off the rails!

Anyway, have a great day. Nearly Friday!! X

Hope you've managed to keep the headache away today.

1. I'd go ahead and wear the dress again this week - no one will notice ;)
2. Could you not tell people that you don't like indian food and so will just be coming for the social side and will be having dinner later on? Or, let them know that you're on a strict diet so can't eat the food? I would worry about having anything and then not being able to stop as once I start things just cascade with me....

Hope you have a great day xx

Awake very early. Probably cos bed early. That and an aching gob. Was aware of it through the night. Was hard trying to keep my fluids up with rubber lips. Spilled half the sparkling water down myself! Been drinking through the night to restore my stocks to avoid a headache today (fingers crossed!)

So no exercise today. Feeling drained after yesterday. Easy day. I really look forward to my sachets and enjoy them when the time comes :)

So today I will have

Breakfast: 1/3 bar with black coffee (decaf)

Lunch: 1/2 soup

Dinner: 1/2 soup, chillie,

Snack: remainder bar and coffee (decaf)

I have 2 dilemmas...

1. My work clothes are tight except one dress. I have worn it this week but want to wear it again because its comfortable. I hope no-one will notice! My alternative is a dress that is tight on my arms and makes me feel restricted.

2. A colleague has invited me for an Indian next Friday for her 40th (5.30 start) I'm new and senior management also, so I want to go to get to know them better. I was thinking of saying that I'm eating later in the evening and go for an hour. I cd arrive slightly late. The other alternative is that I say I'm eating later, order the dry chicken tikka starter and arrive on time. I don't know if this will send me off the rails!

Anyway, have a great day. Nearly Friday!! X

Wear whatever you feel most comfortable in, even if it is the same dress. You could use an excuse like u have a late doctors app (my surgery do that on certain nights) at say 7pm?? And you're having bloods taken and u have to fast for so many hrs before x

Hi Th. I would agree that you should wear the dress you feel comfortable in-you probably are already seeing as its now 1.30pm LOL. I'm confused, why does it matter if you have worn it this week already??.

I would go with the not being able to eat any spicy foods at the moment & just have a salad. That way you wont be able to have anything else because you have told them you cant!! It is difficult while on this diet when social occasions pop up but a little white lie here & there may sometimes be needed if you don't want people to know about it.
Just enjoy your evening Th as it is important that you develop a good relationship with your staff. x

Evening all . Gob still Ste to touch. Beginning to think I went to the butchers I stead if the dentist! But on the Brightside I didn't have a headache today. I'd rather have the sore gob than a headache!

Food wise I've been good. The half soup is really satisfying. I thought id struggle. I even enjoy my breakfast which is a third of a bar and black coffee. How sad is that. Long may it last tho!

I wore the de dress by the way!

I think I won't eat anything at the night out. Ill feel better if I don't. Ill have something before I go :)

I signed my daughter up for a six month pass at gym. So I should have a partner in crime!

Right, I'm off now. Hope youve had a good day! Night night x

You're still doing fantastic TH well done. Glad you wore the dress and felt comfortable all day. Great that your daughter has the membership and you have a gym buddy!

Meal invites are tricky, I dread them lol. Shame you can't just ask for chicken breast and salad if they can do it without all the curry etc x

It's FRIDAYYYYYYY!

Rubbish sleep but I feel ok. Awake early again, been posting since 4.30am. Gob still aches :-/ it's just as well my dentist is handsome otherwise I wouldn't go back!

Gym at 6.30 am before work today. Now before u go imagining a little gym bunny with a pink headband who runs like a gazelle on the treadmill and doesn't break a sweat, I'm putting you clear on how it really is: an overweight (by 4-5 stones) woman squashed (and I mean squashed!) into gym clothes that are way too tight, huffing and puffing beside the wee gazelle! Hey Ho, not for long tho. Ill never be a gazelle but by god, I'm going to try!

I'll have same routine as yesterday sachets wise, just different flavours.

Have a great day folks :) x

Pleased you getting on so well. Off to the gym myself today. Missed Wed due to dizziness and missed yesterday as I was on a road trip with work.

Going to do my 5k again today, ready to start 6k next week.

Last edited:
You're doing just great hun and you will be that gazelle :)
It's great that you're going to the gym, I haven't got as far as exercise at all yet :-/
Have a great day my lovely xx

You are doing brilliant especially with the exercise!! You are so motivated getting up early to get it done. I like my bed too much to do that!! :)

TH I'm just about getting into my deep sleep at 4.30am & there you are getting up!! I Know how you feel when you are at the gym. I had a membership at the YMCA a couple of years ago but gradually stopped going & ended up paying the membership fee for nothing. You certainly are showing dedication for putting in the extra effort to keep going. It wont be long before you see & feel the difference. Hope you get a better nights sleep tonight x

Evening!

Gym... Did a wee run on the treadmill. Lets just say that my sports bra was ****! Did another bit cardio for 15 mins then abs and back and stretches. I don't like doing abs in front of others (i look similar to a burst couch!) but needs must :) I also watched a personal trainer doing weights with her client so ill be stealing her ideas!

Car passed its MOT. Wooohooooooo :) had a headache today but it was bearable. I also managed to not eat any popcorn this afternoon. We have cartoons and popcorn on a Friday afternoon for the kids who've earned it. Was tempted by a kernel but didn't! My TA had loads and she's on Slimming World!

Been 100% today and pleased with that.

Hope u r winning :) x

Bestie, who is getting married in April, has just asked me to do a reading.

I hate anything like that. I could hear in her voice that she wanted me to do it, and her sister in law, who is quite overbearing wants to do it, so I said yes. Told her I'm only doing it cos i love her. Best get some fat burned if I'm gonna have an audience scrutinising me!

You'll look like an elegant gazelle doing the reading! Everyone will think you look glamorous and slim! 6.30 sessions at the gym will pay off, I'm sure. Keep it up. You're doing great!

Back