Getting a grip

Well done on having a brilliant day :D You put me to shame because I never even got out my jammies!!

James and I had a duvet day yesterday too.

I guarantee that you will love it! X

Yoyo might but I guarantee I wouldn't!! Still I admire you for doing it and in such awful conditions. Well done. I think you deserve every last calorie you consumed whereas I didn't, lying around in my dressing gown all day!! LOL. :rolleyes:

. . . Their runner was called lucianna and I was calling her oceana. Doh!

Haha! This made me laugh. On my first day of primary school I met my best friend Susannah. Later, at assembly we sang 'Give me joy in my heart' which features the lyrics 'sign hosanna'. I was 100% convinced we were singing about my best friend in assembly and rather bitter no one was singing about me.

I'm with Cate - I'm not so great at exercise. I'd rather gnaw my own arm off than <shudders> run anywhere. :D

Haha! This made me laugh. On my first day of primary school I met my best friend Susannah. Later, at assembly we sang 'Give me joy in my heart' which features the lyrics 'sign hosanna'. I was 100% convinced we were singing about my best friend in assembly and rather bitter no one was singing about me. I'm with Cate - I'm not so great at exercise. I'd rather gnaw my own arm off than <shudders> run anywhere. :D

Ha! Sing Susanna. I'll have to change the lyrics now :) X

Hope you've had a lovely day mrs and that the aches have eased off xx

Thanks Yoyo. We weren't expecting that :) The winners from the Royal hospital were a team of lovely, young male doctors. They were racked next to us. the Hollyoaks team had a professional swimmer from a triathlon club, that's why they haven't ranked in the finishing results. The MPs were really nice. Their runner was called lucianna and I was calling her oceana. Doh! Craig, the winner from the very first Big Brother, only cycled one lap instead of two, but he got rumbled because if the timing chip. Our swimmer noticed that straight away at the time because he went out 5 minutes after me and came in 15 minutes before me. She had him sussed! Was great fun :) You should definitely give it a try. You would really enjoy it and it would give you a bit of variety in ur training. My first was the Olympic distance at the Liverpool Tri. There was an amazing amount if supporters there cheering everyone on. I'd recommend doing a big city one first because there are lots of competitors and there will be lots of people doing it for the first time. They have lots of different wave times and if u are last, u can't tell because there are lots if people starting after you. Smaller triathlons usually attract serious athletes who don't have time for a nod or a well done. I did Marbury park and it was tiny, full of die hards. We had to cycle on roads that were open to cars, so that is something else to consider. I guarantee that you will love it! X

Thanks for the advice hon, I was going to start with one near me next sept as the swim is in an outdoor pool with lanes so thinking easier transitions (and it's a spring distance) but maybe I'll go check it out this year and see how fast everyone is!

:birthday: Happy birthday lovely, have a wonderful day and I'll see you later for a coffee and a slice of fresh air :) xx

:candle1:

Happy Birthday TH. Assuming it's an UD for you so have a good one. :birthday:

Happy bloody birthday!! Yey!! Raising my coffee to toast you honey! :)

Have a bloomin marvellous day :) xx

Happy birthday!! Have a wonderful day!! :party0019: :bday:

Thanks for the advice hon, I was going to start with one near me next sept as the swim is in an outdoor pool with lanes so thinking easier transitions (and it's a spring distance) but maybe I'll go check it out this year and see how fast everyone is!

Sounds like a good plan :) look at the times for the Liverpool Tri results. Ul see people's times, sex and age etc... X think the Liv Tri is televised on 24 aug, c4, 7.00am. Don't think that we will feature! X

Hope you have had a lovely Birthday TH. :flowers: Have you had your cake yet :drool: xx

Back