Getting back to target... somehow!!!

Good luck Amy I am for whatever works love! x

Thanks Trudy, I just need to get my bottom in gear and shift this weight in the next few weeks, it's my OH's 50th in less than 2 months and I am arranging a big surprise, so facing the fact that I need some hard work now after faffing around for the last 6 Months!

How are you getting on lovely one? Xx

you can only give it a try Amy, a change is as good as a rest and all that.

We are behind you every step of the way lovely X

Good Amy thanks, couple of controlled days under my belt which has felt better and the OA meeting helped...... Saw the surgeon who did my tummy last night and he was very kind - said I had put on weight but the tummy looked flat and good so no damage done there thank goodness so if I can get control of myself I can hopefully move on and up! Love the name of the new diet - don't they come up with some names!! Off to the gym now so best dash!!!! Keep being good lovely, you will be wowser by OH 50th!!!! x

So glad to hear you are feeling good, Trudy!! You can do this!!! Great news re your tum, those lbs will go, don't worry! Xxx

All ok here, getting used to smaller portions (ish) would rather like some unlimited protein now haha, oh I am useless. Grass is always greener ;)

But the good news is I am already back in the 12's!! 6lbs off so far which is bonkers and brilliant! That feels great for my motivation and hoping it is real and stays off for my official weigh in on Monday morning. I know this is a bit of a quick fix, but that's just what I need and I have always planned to switch back to 5:2 once I have reached target. I feel like that is something I can do for life.

Supposed to be exercising lots on this plan but due to TOTM I haven't really had the energy so extra glad with the lbs lost. Phew! :)

Fab start Hun, that diet does sound interesting from somebody who seems to collect diet plan ill have to give it a look, 6lbs is great hope it works out for you. We have a few up and coming 50ths x

Fantastic loss xxx

Thanks ladies :) official WI tomorrow am so will see what that gives me. Will let you know! :)

I won't lie - it is flipping tough at times! The meals are smaller than I would like but the scales are keeping me focused.

Funny thing is I am now craving meat, so looks like I am over my meat boredom lol. ;)

I will finish the 3 weeks and then move back to protein and veggies

Hope you've all had a good weekend xx

Well official weigh in and I lost 8lbs!

I expect a lot of this was fast weight off as I had gained a few lbs back on quickly in my 2 weeks off plan but glad to be back at this weight. The lowest this year :) Just 12-14lbs to go to get to my Dukan target weight so will keep on for the next 2 weeks of this plan.

I really don't expect to lose the amount you are supposed to (book says 4lbs per week) as I had such a big amount this last week, but I'd be blooming thrilled if I did!!!

You are supposed to exercise lots and I haven't - that will prob hit me this week too. I need to do it, just can't quite get myself going!

I'll see what happens this week, do a mid-week weigh and step things up if the lbs have stopped coming off.

Wooooo!!!

That's a fabulous result, Amy! Great to be back in the 12's - psychologically it makes such a difference, doesn't it? Wave goodbye to 13 stone for ever! Why don't you do just a teeny bit of exercise this week, maybe some stretching and a few curl-ups? It could get you back in the frame of mind for it and you can start properly again when you have more energy. Have a great week 2, Amy xx

You are right, Sara and I will feel great after, it's jus getting that initial motivation to get my trainers on :) I have been doing lots of walking though, but not everyday. :)

Xx

Amy that's a fantastic lost, and as Sara said a little exercise well done xxx

I'm delighted to catch up with your diary, Amy. Portion control is a tough one after Dukan and I too am concentrating on reducing the amount I eat, even though my eyes are complaining wildly! It's a tough one to get a handle on for those of us who tend to "overeat" on Dukan. Good luck with it and congratulations on your low weight to date this year.
Can you bear to post a menu or two?
As for the name of the diet, fabulous! (Only in America! The PC brigade wouldn't be happy with it in the UK!)

Hi Jo, how are you? I started posting on your diary yesterday morning then lost the reply. Grrr! Glad all went well on your trip to the UK and was so pleased to see you all set to get these last few lbs off!

Well... I was convinced my good luck had run out this morning and I shouldn't weigh as I would see a gain.... 12.8.8! Another 1lb and a bit off amazing.

As to the food.. Get ready ;) I have to say, the first week wasn't great, I was hungry, but when I think of it, not physically, I am just not used To smaller quantities. I found myself getting quite angry with my OH when he enjoyed a large plate of food and I was there with my little plate. So daft hah. The good thing about this plan is you mix things up, it is supposed to keep your body guessing. Each day is a bit different. The only thing that is the same is the small little portions! ;)

Here's an example of a couple days, Jo.

Meal 1 - 6 oz low fat yoghurt with 1 piece of fruit or 1 cup veg juice (I always opt for some frozen raspberries here and make a sort of frozen yoghurt thing - lasts longer!!)

Meal 2 - 1 small salad with 3tbs low fat dressing. I cup veg juice or 1 piece fruit

Meal 3 - 4 oz fish, chicken, turkey or lean steak & 1/2 cup chickpeas, lentils or beans (that meal, due to work stuff, i mixed meal 2&3 and made a chickpea & tuna salad. Was tasty and satisfying!)

Meal 4 - 1 cup brown rice (cooked) with 2 servings veggies

You also get 2 snacks a day that need to be 100 cals or less. I have discovered celery with peanut butter is a goodie! Takes a long time to eat ;)

---------
Meal 1 - 1-1 1/2 cups of cereal with low/no fat milk (things like shreddies, all bran, cornflake etc)
OR - 1 egg omelet (or 2 egg whites) and 1 piece of fruit or cup juice.

Meal 2 -6oz yoghurt and piece fruit

Meal 3 - 4oz meat ( as above) 1 serving veggies

Meal4 - 1 cup rice, 1 cup beans and 1 serving veggies.

Over other days, you have 1/2 cup rice and 1/2 cup beans, so one day more, next day less. It is laid out for you each day which helps, taking out the guess work and opportunity to cheat!

Again, everyday you have to 2 extra snaks and unlimited carrots, celery, radishes and egg whites! My OH had been enjoying a few egg yolk mayo sandwiches!! ;)

As you are eating frequently, 6 little meals, you don't really get hungry. I save my last snack so that I have the opportunity for something in the eve if I need it.

I am missing the chance to just go in the fridge and chomp when I need to though - well, things other than carrots!!

2 weeks to go and I will see where I am. Depending on how much I have lost, I will see what plan to use for the last few, but this style does seem to be working for me. I still see the 5:2 plan as my way to maintain and am looking forward to getting back on that!! :)

Xx

Resisting the urge to weigh this mor of. I have got that lovely initial Dukan feeling where the scales are brig kind. I know I can't keep up like this so waiting until Monday for the official WI now.

Yesterday was fine, I wasn't hungry at all and ended up going to bed without my extra snack. It does show me in an happily exist on much less - but I am also longing for moving to 5:2 although I don't actually know what it is I am wanting! I think it is just that freedom, but I couldn't tell you what I miss, except for a bit more meat (oh how that has changed from a couple weeks ago!! Lol)

Once I I have done this last week and a half I will just have to be very very careful and move to a low carb approach for now. I just need to make sure I don't go mad and gain any back. I have 6wks until the 50th and would love to get to goal which in theory is totally doable but the last few lbs can be very stubborn as we know.

Will just have to see what the scales say!

Have a good day all :)

You need to update your stats, love! I'm glad your new plan is working for you though I'm not convinced about the virtues of portion control myself - I'm too greedy so I'd rather find foods I can eat by the ton! Keep up the good work and resist the temptation to get on the scales again till Monday (and even then you have to remember that the pound and a bit you lost at the beginning of this week is all part of the week's total loss). xx

Back