Getting back to target... somehow!!!

Amy, we want to read your journey regardless of the diet xxx enjoy time with your mum xxx

Looking forward to seeing your menus. As I think I told you, my sister lost four stone on SW not that long ago (and has since put half back on again, but that's par for the course when we take our eye off the ball!). x

Helloooo :). Thanks for the welcome back! :D

Yesterday wasn't fantastic as I was feeling really unwell. Possibly something not quite right at the meal (last hoorah) which actually was pretty saintly! It was Brazilian so lots if grilled meat, all v healthy! Really enjoyed it at the time, but felt awful the next day. Big shame as it was our last day off together and I spent it dozing on and off, feeling very shivery.

Hmmm anyway, sw food was fine! I made some veg and pea soup and dinner was chicken stew with lentils and broccoli on the side.

I am following the SW Extra Easy plan but trying to stay off the carbs as much as poss, just to get more veg in really. I'll be using lentils/pulses etc more too as I have missed them!

Back to work today (big boo!!) and kiddies back to school. I am already looking forward to our next break together in October! Must stop wishing the time away though as January will be here in no time and that means youngest is off to nursery... I am not ready for that at all. I love our time together *sniff*

Woke up feeling a bit brighter but still a little queasy so not really fancying much today, but I made sure I got all stocked up with all the stuff I need, so no probs at lunch (leftover soup or stew) and dinner is all cooked for tonight too! Spaghetti bolognese with salad.
Feeling ready for this and in a funny way, more relaxed. I don't have a big event looming over me, so I am happy to take this at a gentler pace.

I think I will try and weigh once a fortnight (if I can!) as the scales are my biggest demotivator and reason for switching to other plans. One wobbly week after weeks of success and I think it has stopped working. Silly silly!! :)

Anyway, I hope you are all ok. Good to be back!

Xx

Glad to see you back here. I expect you'll find it easier now that you're back at work too. Although it gives us less time to prepare and plan, there's also less time to find alternatives to eat! What are you having for breakfast on SW? I am sticking to muffins on my diet cos I like them! I'm having cereal once a week too and weigh it out so as not to have silly quantities!

Hi Jo :)

Good to be back too, as ever I have that 'why do I fall off the wagon?' feeling ;) but when I am off it, I can't really imagine being back on it. Oh the life of an eternal dieter! :) how are you getting on? Is your sister back on the plan now?

So breakfasts haven't been perfect the last couple days, due to feeling a bit grim, I just had a couple pieces of fruit. But a favourite SW breakfast is 2 slices of nimble (healthy extra b) and 2 eggs fried in fry light. I try and leave the yolks runny and they make the toast a bit buttery.
I find that much more filling than cereal, I love cereal but I seem to get hungry within an hour or so after eating it!

Dinner yesterday wasn't as planned. We dug out a load of potatoes on Sunday, so I thought I had better start using them. So the bolognese sauce was changed into shepherds pie (not my best idea tbh) I am trying to keep my portions a bit more normal this time.
SW for me normally equals giant plates of food and mountains of carbs. I need to tackle that, so I had a much more normal size and was fine with it. Shock horror!! ;)

So today:

B - eggs on toast! :)

L - leftover chicken, veg and lentil stew

D - rest of the stew served with kale and a corn on the cob.

I am also on a money saving mission after all the birthday celebrations we have had, so using what we have. I have been terribly wasteful and extravagant lately. Very daft!

Have a lovely Wednesday all :)

ahh... can't do that sort of breakfast as I eat quite late at work each day... I think my officemate might complain at the smell of eggs!
I'm close to perfecting a cereal bowl: 1 x shredded wheat, 25g branflakes, 40g Alpen sugar free muesli, 150ml skimmed milk. Keeps me going until lunchtime. Try? I have this each Friday morning, as I need to save my oatbran for travel in the evening in car or train, whichever. It's easier with muffins!
Good idea to serve your dinner with big pile of veg too... I'm using smaller plates at dinner (and trying not to build mountains!!).
x

Hi Jo,

I've started replying to this twice and lost the message. Hopefully 3rd time lucky 'eh :) hope you are thoroughly enjoying your tret with friends this weekend!!

That cereal does sound good! Unfortunately the SW allowances for cereal are pretty wee. I think 30ish grammes or a couple of weetabix is your lot! I tend to stick to the things that don't need to be weighed as a result ;) I sometimes have one of those little sachets of oats as again, that is all ready measured so I can just add the water and away I go :)

I really enjoy Bircher muesli though so might start making the effort to weigh some muesli out and add to fat free yoghurt and leave overnight, really fancy that now!

Well, I weighed in and am down 5lbs this week!! Am now 13.2 Very unexpected! I have eaten really well and had a night out (just had some drinks, no food) and used my syn allowance in that one evening.

Great motivation but I know it will slow right down now to maybe 1lb a week, but I'm ok with that.

Have a lovely Sunday all!

Well done Amy, what a great loss xxx

WOOOO HOOOO well done Amy - that is a great loss - I am with you on the SW plan - slow but sure works for me!!! Just want to feel better tbh!!! LOL! x

Trudy, we love those big, fast losses, but we need something we can stick with longer term at the mo and not feel like we've failed if we have a little wobble.

I had one of those yesterday with a few little extras popping in that weren't planned for, but they are just accounted for within my syns, so nothing broken ;)

Another higher syn evening as off with a friend for dinner, but she's driving so there won't be drinks involved (which helps!!) but we'll prob enjoy a nice meal.

I've found planning my meals to be a HUGE help this week!! There's no wondering what we are having to eat, I am all set and prepared and that feels great :)

More batch cooking today so that I have meals for the week ahead.

Have a great weekend all :) xxx

Well hello there!! It has been far too many months to mention and I have of course gained and then some.... So here I am, back with a red (and rounder!) face, ready to face the music. Well, tomorrow!!

I have to update my stats, I am the heaviest I've been in 3 years and really feeling it now. Annoyed with myself of course, but it is what it is. I just have to get to work now!

Have spent the last couple months trying to decide on a plan, flitting between ideas with no real desire to get started and have come to the conclusion that I'll give Dukan another try! ?

Due to the amount I have regained ( 3 stone!) I've got a 6 day Attack, I'm just heading off to the shops to stock up on goodies so that I'm all ready tomorrow morning.

Today feels like the last supper and I want to get as much in as possible ? how daft!!

I've been having a peek around for a while and it is very quiet here now. Hope everyone is ok with whatever they are doing health/life wise :) xoxo

Today is the day!!!! ? 6 day Attack - day 1

Weighed in and was up another couple of pounds ? but not too worried, they were deserved after a bit of a binge yesterday, trying to get in as many foods I was fancying as possible before getting on plan. Very daft but I knew I'd be wishing for certain things a few weeks down the line.

Anyway, I am on it! Have just started with a coffee and skimmed milk and later today I will be making a batch if muffins for the week.

Breakfast - omelet with turkey

Lunch - cottage cheese and tuna or mackerel

Dinner - Spicy Turkey with yoghurt dip

Snack - muffins

Hi Couteaux I'm still lurking around but sadly the same as you :( I started SW last week as I cannot face doing PP again. May do once I'm in the diet zone but not yet ... X

I remember you from one of my previous attempts at dukan ( there have been a few!). I too am back again and have to say that for me this is the easiest diet I've done. I've tried everything but dukan wins for me as I don't get the cravings or the hunger. I have to eliminate gluten, carbs and sugar for health reasons now so this is going to be a way of life for me pretty much and for the first time I'm not counting down the days till I can eat all the banned food

You obviously know how to dukan, and the quick first week losses will give you the motivation to get passed the hardest first few days, after that all will be like you've never been off the plan. Hope you have a great first weeks loss x

It's true that, for us old timers, returning to Dukan is often such a relief... no more counting, weighing, calculating, worrying... we know it never quite works as well or as fast as the previous attempt also so have more realistic goals.

Enjoy Amy... this is the honeymoon period! Getting back into control is what I love the most about a restart on Dukan and, as soon as some weight goes, I feel so much lighter and happier!!

:D

Thanks Chris, tryin again and Jo :)

Jo you are right, well and truly in the honeymoon phase at the moment ;) I am not sure what the loss will be like this time, but hoping its not painfully slow, I also have to remember to stick at it through the slower times as I have given up before and would have reached my target 10 times over if I had just kept going through a rough week!

I was cooking yesterday and felt really happy having rules around my eating again. After months of working out what I fancy, it was nice to have lots of options stripped away - oddly!

So day 2 of attack and the menu is:

Breakfast - turkey

Lunch - meatloaf inc my 2 days allowance of oatbran. Haven't tried it like that before so will see how it turns out. I also add chopped chicken liver for a bit of richness - get me!! ;)

Dinner - steamed cod with chilli

Snacks - crabsticks, lots of tea and coffee and water!

Onwards and downwards! Xx

Back