getting confused as to how many syns & do you include WI day?

debtin

Gold Member
sorry for the mundane post but do we get 60 or 70 syns per day - think i am getting confused - if my wi day is a saturday do i get syns for sun, mon tue wed thur fri or do i include sat making it 70syns? think last week i only allowed myself 60 syns argh

debtin said:
sorry for the mundane post but do we get 60 or 70 syns per day - think i am getting confused - if my wi day is a saturday do i get syns for sun, mon tue wed thur fri or do i include sat making it 70syns? think last week i only allowed myself 60 syns argh

Defo not per day ;)! you can have upto 15 per day with a minimum of 5 a day so maximum of 105 per week usually start fresh WI day x

I tend to have my syns on a daily basis ranging between 10 - 15 per day but some people save them for the weekend etc depends on what works for you.

Of course you get syns on your weigh in day - why would you not? It's just like any other day so enjoy your syns! :)

thanks everyone - no i meant how does the syns run...fresh count on wi day or using up the last of the previous weeks allowance - haha am confusing myself now

You don't get a weekly allowance Debtin, you get a daily one of between 5-15 syns. So it resets daily. Now what some people do is work this out for the week - so between 35-105 syns for 7 days, meaning that on some days you can have more than 15 if you like. If you do this, it's up to you when it resets, so if you want to start fresh on weigh in day you can.

Personally, I keep to the daily allowance - it stops me pigging out on things with lots of syns. I tend to use them for small treats like treat size Milky Ways or Skinny Cow ice creams and things like spread, light mayo and extra milk. But that's just me and you may find the other way suits you better.

thanks everyone - no i meant how does the syns run...fresh count on wi day or using up the last of the previous weeks allowance - haha am confusing myself now

It makes no difference - if you are using syns on a weekly basis you can do it either way. WI day can either be the first day of your new week or mark the end of your week.

i use my syns daily as weekly would just confuse me : / our C aswell insists we use them daily and not to use them in a binge

i use my syns daily as weekly would just confuse me : / our C aswell insists we use them daily and not to use them in a binge

Mine too. She also says average 10 a day, with a minimum 5. I do tend to do 70 syns over the week though.

It might be easier to start your syns on the day you do your shopping rather than weigh in day? I start mine on a Sunday as I do my shopping on that day. Its not my weigh in day though. Weigh in day is just another day to me.

im finding it hard to use mine ive started back to SW last thursday i dont use less than 4 but ive not managed to go over 6 .... :S

think i might have to have a bit of chocolate tonight or is it ok to just have 4 ?

ive tried not to have sweets or chocolate cause i know for fact il jus binge eat i cant seem to have just 1 lol

i find it easier to have just melon or pineapple maybe not as satisfying (atm) but knowing its better for me is keeping me in the right frame of mind atm.

i have no problem using my syns and most days i have at least 5 and sometimes that is all BUT its because i like a bottle of wine spread over the weekend and that is something like 27 syns, along with low syn chinese....i suppose i could keep 15 syns from thurs, fri and sat & that would cover it. Love SW x

Hi does anybody know if you have a lot to lose do you get more syns allocated to you? Say 20 or 25 if you have a very large amount to lose? Many thanks for your help :) if anybody knows? My consultant told me I have forgotten how many they said doh!! Thanks Carole xx

I don't think so, as far as I'm aware its only 15, minimum of 5 a day. You could start by having all 15 a day, then if your losses slow start cutting them down x

Hi does anybody know if you have a lot to lose do you get more syns allocated to you? Say 20 or 25 if you have a very large amount to lose? Many thanks for your help :) if anybody knows? My consultant told me I have forgotten how many they said doh!! Thanks Carole xx

Yes consultants have it within their power to give people more syns if they have a lot to lose (although this makes no sense to me whatsoever). I have heard of people getting 20 syns a day.But it does not seem to be done a lot of consistently for instance one person I heard of had 7-8 stone to lose and was on 20 a day but lots of people with the same amount to lose are told just the usual 15 :)

Thanks ladies, he definately said more than 15 because I was really surprised (returning to SW), however, think Ill stick with the 15 to be safe and hopefully lose faster! Ive been really bad in the past with syns in that I didnt really have them only for a bit of ketchup or salad cream here and there - but this time around I think its time to use them. :D

Thanks again ....

cmcewn said:
Thanks ladies, he definately said more than 15 because I was really surprised (returning to SW), however, think Ill stick with the 15 to be safe and hopefully lose faster! Ive been really bad in the past with syns in that I didnt really have them only for a bit of ketchup or salad cream here and there - but this time around I think its time to use them. :D

Thanks again ....

Yep, you really need to use them, for both making the plan work, and to keep you sane!! You can't cut everything out or you'll crack

General rule is that if someone is 15st+ 15syns, 20st+ 20 syns, 25st+ 25 syns

This is the maximum. So in theory as no one ways 5st everyone should have more than 5 syns a day hehe it's up to the consultant, some don't even know they are able to give more but it's important. As someone with a fair amount to lose, knowing I can still successfully lose on 15 a day if not a few more helps me stay on track. Especially as all I have done is eat junk to get here so would be like my throat was slit if I was only given 10

Hope that made sense...

Back