Getting married 11 June 2011

Hello ladies! Sorry to hear you put on a bit, but it's not much, so I wouldn't worry too much :)

Honeymoons! Cannot wait for that either. We're also off to Orlando, our favourite place in the world. Going there for 9 days, on i-drive, with one night at a Universal hotel to get front of line passes. Then we're going down to the keys and staying in a villa for another week. We travel to Gatwick the day after the wedding, staying over and flying the next day. Used miles to upgrade to Clubworld!!! Never done that before - we'll feel very posh lol.

Your honeymoons sound lovely. It's almost too exciting isn't it, the day itself and then going on an amazing holiday!

Honeymoons! Cannot wait for that either. We're also off to Orlando, our favourite place in the world. Going there for 9 days, on i-drive, with one night at a Universal hotel to get front of line passes. Then we're going down to the keys and staying in a villa for another week.
Sounds FAB Liz! I cant wait to go! I havent been on a proper holiday since 2 yrs ago and now this year have the honeymoon, my friends wedding in Lanzarote and then I get to go to Turkey in September on a work related trip! I'm so excited :D Thats a great idea about staying in the universal hotel for the passes, are ye renting a house or stayin in a hotel on i-drive?

Oh, is it any harm to not have 3rd shake? Not feeling mad hungry for it, but will drink it if its a necessity!

going to pick up my tiara today yippeee! then need hair and make up trial.

paid final deposit for honeymoon last night, booked airport parking, lounge and fast track security.

Woo hoo, all coming together nicely!

Getting excited!!

Ooooooh your so organised!!! That's so exciting!!! Hair and make up will have you looking and feeling like a princess! What style dress have you gone for? Oh ya I took a sneaky hope on the scales this morning -6lbs!!!!!! Gonna stay off it till WI now though!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hey Nikki - you do really need all the shakes. You don't want your body to think it's starving and store fat, which it won't do if you have them all. Sometimes you have to force it down when your appetite goes! We're staying at the Homewood Suites. Wow you have loads to look forward to! We haven't had a hol for a while. Thinking of planning to stay abroad over Christmas 2011 so that I have something to plan when I get back. Great news on the 6lb off! Well done you. Had my weekly WI and lost 2lb, making a total of 2 stone. Just want to do the same again. Wish it would just hurry now.

Kerry - you do sound organised. Bet it felt lovely to pick up the tiara. When my hairpiece arrived I was so excited!

Waiting for ring to be delivered any day now. Now that I cannot wait to see as ordered it from the US. Not tried on!

welcome!

good luck with your weight loss, I'm doing SW too. how are you finding it?

tell us a bit about your wedding....

Welcome! Just noticed we're all fairly similar weight wise - should build up some healthy competition :)

I only wish I was similar to ye, I'm a good bit behind ye yet! :(

Hey Nikki - you're not in the grand scheme of things hun and with the diet that you're on, you'll lose quicker and catch up in no time at all, I promise! xx

Hi ladies, I'm getting married in September - 22 weeks to go! I want to lose at least 14 pounds preferably 21. Already lost quite a bit but plateau now. you are all doing really well (with plans and weightloss) so thought this is the place for me to get some inspiration!! X

Oh I thought I'd replied but I didn't. I'm getting married in september and hope to lose another 21 pounds but would settle with 14 I guess. I've well and truly reached a plateau and now starting to lose motivation! I was reading this and you ladies are doing great you really inspired me to keep going. Hope you don't mind me joining you on your journey xxx

my dress is a mori lee style 2905, going to have it customised a bit, the train is too long for me so the lady says she can shorted it and I'm hoping she can make the cut off into a little bolero jacket or something. Its a champagne colour which is gorgeous and suits my skin tone but I keep having mini panic attacks cos I keep thinking its brown lol. Totally different style from what I thought I wanted but it was jsut perfect when I put it on.

I agree with Liz, you'll catch up Nikki, slow and sure thats the way.

I feel like I've lost the way a bit though, feel I'm eating to right things but not feeling the weight come off, I'm going to plan proper meals for the next week or so i think thats where I'm going wrong.

just off to take the dogs for a long walk then off to the allotment to do some digging and the house needs a good clean too so thats all exercise which should help too.

Mind I was working with 2 people yesterday who I hadn't seen for a few months and they were all like 'wow, how much weight have you lost, you look great' etc so that made me feel really good and motivated.

hope you're all havign a good weekend

K xx

Hey Elz! I know someone who did RC. He had a gall bladder problem or something and was told by the doctor to do RC and cut out fat. He lost soooo much weight it was unbelievable. I actually said to OH (before I knew he'd been dieting) that I wondered if he was ill as he was so thin!
You will lose it no probs :)

Kerry - what do SW suggest if you do hit a plateau? Sounds like you're doing well with exercise. Do you do any resistance work like weights? So nice when you get compliment, isn't it!

Well I had the mothers day meal today with OH's family. Didn't really have a starter unless you count a few orange slices! Did have a pork roast though, two slices of bread and choc coffee cake. Oh and a small glass of wine. Not ideal on this diet, as you only have shakes, but the low cals mean it probably won't make much difference over the course of a week.
So back on the shakes and hen do 4 weeks on Friday. I really want to go to below 12 stone by the hen do. Need to lose 3lb a week really. Should be possible on this diet with the average being 3.5lb, but I only ever seem to manage 2lb!

Watergirl said:
Hey Nikki - you're not in the grand scheme of things hun and with the diet that you're on, you'll lose quicker and catch up in no time at all, I promise! xx

Thanks Hun, really need motivating today, I'd eat absolutely anything that comes in solid form without a second thought!!!

Thanks Kerry,

I hope you're right!! Ur dress is gorgeous I just googled it, Iove the way it gathers at the hip and all the detail on the train! Will you lose much of it when u get it shortened? Are u having a veil? Long or short?

Ooh Kerry meant to say how lovely your dress is, but I'm biased - I'm a Mori Lee bride too! 2409 is mine.

Nikki - send you positive thoughts. Some days are really tough. Just think of the wedding and how many people get to the big day and are really upset because they're not lost what they wanted to lose. You don't want to be like them!

I'm thinking of wedding and how much if a waste last wk is if I go stuff my face now! WI tomorrow so hopefully that'll sort me out!! You're als so positive Dahlia, your an inspiration!

yours is beautiful too Liz, very detailed, you'll look gorgeous.

Nikki, the lady says she'll be able to remove the detail from the train so if she can make a bolero jacket she can add it to that.

I can hardly wait til we're all slim beautiful brides. Just over 9 weeks to go for me!!! Was thinking I might do a bit of a speech as well as Rob. Is anyone else doing one? maybe thats just cos I just want to have my say lol.

when is your WI Nikki so I can send happy positive thoughts for you, bet you do fab.

you are very motivated, I just couldn't do one of the shakes diets. You should be proud of yourself that you are so motivated.

I've planned a menu for the week, had mushroom risotto on Sat night, last night it was mediterranean chicken with garlic cauliflower, tonight beef, turnip and herb casserole (from the slow cooker). And I'm back on the scan bran and laughing cow lights for lunch when I'm at work.

Did your rings come yet? Ours are at the shop, we tried them on and they fit but we decided to have some engraving on the inside - Kerry loves Rob 11/6/11 on his and Rob loves Kerry 11/6/11 on mine, just to remind us lol.

Have to send the forms away for my passport in my married name and realised last night that I'll have to sign my married name - tried and tried but just couldn't do it! will have to keep practising.

Looking forward to hear all your news

K xx

Hey K,

WI can be anytime I make it to the pharmacy so reckon I'll duck out of work right quick between classes and go in! So nervous but any loss is better than a gain and defo more than I'd have lost sittin at home eating my carboholics diet!

I'd say the bolero be fab, my dress is PHIL Collins 7955 in ivory, I love it! No word from the shop yet, but defo not in a panic for it to arrive just yet! We've our rings ready to order but I have to drop my engagement ring in so they can take an impression of it! Want the two to sit well together. We're getting our inscribed as well, "Beidh mé grá duit go deo" it means I will love you forever.

I am indeed making a speech, just a short one mind u but I do feel I have a few people I need to thank and it's probably the best time to do it....and the fact that at the last Leeds Utd game I was dragged to the OH made a bet wit me that if they scored at least 2 goals I had to make a speech and for the first time in the history of our annual adventures across the sea.....you guessed it, 3 goals scored and they WON!!!! LOL! Disaster!! ;)

Back