Getting skinnier and healthier with SW

Hi Emma, sorry to hear about your grandma but glad she's doing okay.

It sounds like you're getting on better with the plan now that you've got Chris on board.

Hope the jobs still going well too x

Sunday catch up

Hi all, hope ur ok?

Had a busy few days again, not been 100% on plan but been trying to make good choices, weighed myself this morning and looks like I've lost about 2lb over the last 2 weeks, so quite happy about that with no job, no gyming etc.

I've got 1 more week of having an extra nurse around with me and then I'm on my own. Friday was such a hectic day at work, we were one nurse down, will explain in a mo. but it meant I was on my own a lot, with a lot of exams to do, which for the computer work means I'm stupidly busy. I'd rather have had a day of treatment. Lol.
so yeah, nurse down story.another new nurse started on the same day as me, called Laura. Well Laura, just didn't turn up for work on Friday. We start at 8.15, and about 8.30 shed sent a message via Facebook to one if the nurses to say sorry, shed ring later to explain.
Bit strange that she didn't just ring the practice to start with, but we waited all day and didn't hear anything from her.
it looks so bad on her, she's in her probationary period like me, so in theory, can just get sacked. It must be something serious but hoping its not at the same time.
Hope it's all sorted tomorrow cos she seems like such a lovely girl too. :-(

My dad came to stay with us Thursday night as he had a job interview in Cumbria. He was the last one out the door, gave him a few instructions, but when Chris came back later, dad hadn't closed the doors downstairs.
Chris found mylo asleep on the sofa!! He he. Naughty boy!
And he'd got some prawn cocktails crisps out if the kitchen, apparently all over the house, he obviously didn't like them. Lol. Don't blame him, I don't like them either!

My grandma has had lots of surgery over the last few days, but the latest update is that she's going back into a recovery ward soon instead if special care, and my uncle has said she's looking the best she has in a longtime so I'm hoping this is the start of her recovery.

We were thinking of going to Alton towers yesterday, decided on having a lie in instead, and then I woke up at 7.30, I was gutted!
We got a dishwasher yesterday, Chris picked up the dishwasher tablets when we were in tesco, when I looked last night, they were Calgon water softener tablets for washing machines! He he, he's silly!! I kept just singing "washing machines live longer with Calgon". Lol.

Hope ur all having a good weekend :)
xx

Re: New to SW.... trying to find a new healthier me

Well done for losing despite such a stressy period!!

Naghty Mylo again :p hehe, he's cute.
My little sister used to be like that... If the place got quiet we knew she was up to something. She once took the dog upstairs where she isnt allowed and covered the dog and herself with makeup. She put mascara on her and the dog's eyebrows, black stuff on her lips powder all over her and dog's body- she dragged the dog downstairs and the poor thing looked so guilty! Hadnt done anything but was all nervous LOL they looked ridiculous too. She is 8 now but still tortures that dog like it's her little minion, dragging it around by the collar.

Hope the nurse has an adequate excuse :/
X

Massive well done on the loss lovely! Sounds like you've been having quiet a time of it lately with work and Chris and your grandma etc so managing to keep mostly on plan is a blooming good achievement!

Hope the girl at work is ok...sounds a bit funny.
If your dad gets the job in Cumbria will they have to move up near you?! Xxx

Well done for losing despite such a stressy period!!

Naghty Mylo again :p hehe, he's cute.
My little sister used to be like that... If the place got quiet we knew she was up to something. She once took the dog upstairs where she isnt allowed and covered the dog and herself with makeup. She put mascara on her and the dog's eyebrows, black stuff on her lips powder all over her and dog's body- she dragged the dog downstairs and the poor thing looked so guilty! Hadnt done anything but was all nervous LOL they looked ridiculous too. She is 8 now but still tortures that dog like it's her little minion, dragging it around by the collar.

Hope the nurse has an adequate excuse :/
X
he is naughty, but actually quite good, like if we tell him to go to bed etc he listens. He's so cheeky with it tho. Now, if he doesn't want to be in bed, he'll lay with one eye poking round the corner watching us. Lol. Mylo is great with kids too, I can image him and my neice would get upto similar antics. :) can't help but laugh at him xx

Massive well done on the loss lovely! Sounds like you've been having quiet a time of it lately with work and Chris and your grandma etc so managing to keep mostly on plan is a blooming good achievement!

Hope the girl at work is ok...sounds a bit funny.
If your dad gets the job in Cumbria will they have to move up near you?! Xxx

Feel like could still make more effort, I seem to fall off the wagon at the weekends ATM. :-/
unfortunately mum and dad won't be moving closer. Staying with me didn't take much off the trip. He still had a 4 hr drive on Friday to get there.
Dad will get a flat up there, and just travel home for weekends. He said its a 6 month contract, but could be permanent if he wanted it too, but I think 6 months suits him best. 11 hours driving every weekend will be exhausting!
Xx

Monday morning blues

Hi all, I'm quite sleepy this morning.
Didnt sleep great over the weekend, seem to just be dreaming and wriggly a lot.
Had a pretty chilled weekend.
Had a bit of a mentalist marathon with Chris Saturday eve, I love it!
Yesterday we finally bought a new curtain rail so I could put our new curtains up that I've had since before we moved. They look lovely :) yay!
Went food shopping and I've prepped some food for lunch for me and Chris this week. He's got egg fried rice with mushrooms and ham, and I've got couscous with roasted veg. Yum!!
Nearly at work now, so I'll check in and see you all later :)

xxx

I know what you mean about going off the rails at the weekend. I'm totally the same at the moment. I suppose having five days on plan is still better than nothing though and we're both still losing so no real harm done even if it is coming off slower than we'd like.

Very strange about the other nurse, you'll need to keep us updated, I'm very intrigued!

Having a little chuckle about Mylo. My mum's dog sneaks onto the sofa when it thinks nobody's around as well. He always gets caught though! x

i LOVE the mentalist!! Although no one else in my house shares my obsession...so it's late nights on Five* that I find myself watching it! I love Patrick Jane! :)

Any update on the dental nurse? Sounds like an odd story! Hope she's ok!

I'm completely with both you and Bev on the naughty weekends! As you said to me....we'll stick to low syn weeks and those extra little saturday syns wont cause us too much damage! :)
Hope you and Mylo and Chris are all fab!
xx

Happy hump day

Hi all,
sorry been AWOL again. Life seems so busy ATM and I still haven't sorted out docs, naughty em!, so super tired, especially in the eve.

Work is very busy ATM, but should be chilled today. They're leaving me on my own more, so just trying to get quicker on the comp. Laura the other nurse was in hospital. She had an intestinal infection :-/ she seems fine now tho. She said shed tried to call but couldn't get through. Nothing seems to have come of it, so that's good.
Had a bit of a mini 2 week appraisal yesterday as I needed to set little training goals.
Feedback was awesome, practice manager said she couldn't be happier with how I'm doing. And the one dentist I haven't worked with much has asked for me to be with him more. Apparently he's very picky with his nurses. So that's got to be good. Although I'm a bit sad, I quite like the dentist I've been working with the most.

Shower broke on Sunday, just stopped working, had to rinse my conditioner out with cold water and a jug. Nice. Had the man out yesterday and he said our tank empties within 8 mins when our showers on full. I can't shower in 8 mins!! I'd emptied the tank and got air stuck in the system. Lol.
Getting 2 new tanks fitted today. Woop! Hopefully no more problems.

Diet was great Monday, I even came home to tea made!!! Miracle!! But yesterday I was really bad. Back on it today tho.... Need to sort myself out!

Mondays food,
b- fruit and yoghurt
l- couscous with loads of roasted veg, melon and blueberries
snack- alpen lllight
d- lamb, new pots, veg gravy
desert- banana, freddo and choc cereal

tuesdays food
b- fruit and yoghurt
L- wrap, salad, chips
Snack- cider
d- chicken bhuna, bit of rice and naan bread followed by choc.

Hope everybody has a nice hump day! Xxxx

Sounds like things are going really well at work, that's great. I know what you mean about being mega busy with work and everything else just now. I hardly get a chance to get on and update my diary these days, never mind trying to catch up with everyone's!

Food sounds good too. How is Chris getting on sticking with the plan as well?

Nightmare about the shower. I'd never manage in 8 minutes either, I take about 20!! Hope it's all sorted today x

Re: New to SW.... trying to find a new healthier me

Well done for getting straight back on it! Awesome that you are already a favourte at your new job ;) you have such a lovely personality!

Hi ging, I am fine just running on empty ATM, seem to be busy busy, and just haven't managed to catch up at all.
Not really been on plan but the last few days I've been much better, not craving choc so much.

Hope everybody is ok?!
i really am exhausted today. Mylo had us up at 3.45am. Couldn't get back to sleep and was up at 5.30 anyway. Full day at work, rushed home, problems with buses, then I had a beauty appt. got in about 8pm and had some pasta bake for tea, rang my sister as been asleep the night before when she rang, and then off to bed.
Up again at 5.30am killed me this morning.

Been on my feet all day and I'm shattered and got to go get touch up at beauticians tonight. I am seriously ready for the weekend. Unfortunately it's the airshow here this weekend and Chris has to work it, so don't think it will be that restful. :-(
hoping to get 100% back on plan when I've managed to do a shop. Hopefully soon.

Hope your ok? Xxx

Wow you've been a busy lady! Do you think things are likely to settle down soon? I hope you're still loving the job x

Oh my word I feel tired just reading that! I'm a nightmare on no sleep so I've no idea how you're coping! What did you get done at the beauticians, anything nice? Hope you're managing to find some chill time and sounds like you're not being too bad plan wise! :) xxxx

Back