Getting to Goal by Zeke

zeke

Gold Member
I am 37 years old (nearly 38) and I am determined to be 'fit and fab' well before I hit 40 (and forever more).

A bit of history:

Age 27 - 12 st 3 lbs 12 st 3 lbs - size 16 but squeezing into big size 14. Go ww class.
Age 28 - 9 st 11 lbs Measurements: 35 3/4 (12)/ 26 3/4 (10)/37 3/4 (12).
Age 30 - 11 st 7 lbs just pregnant
Age 31 - 13 st 7 lbs 4 days after giving birth
Age 31 - 13 st 2 lbs 12 wks pp started ww Bfing plan
Age 31 - 11 st 7 lbs 5 months post-partum
Age 34 - 14 st 0 lbs started ww at home
Age 35 - 11 st 4 lbs
Age 36 - 15 st 0 lbs started ww at home again - WI daily every since
Age 37 - 12 st 12 lbs decided to have one weekend 'off'....ummm...
Age 37 - 14 st 5 lbs started SW (14 st 8 lbs in class)

I find it really shocking typing that out and fuly seeing the extent of my yo-yo dieting. Tracking the latest 'up trend' on fridgegraph has also really opened my eyes to the fact that I need to stop doing this. This is part of the reason why I joined SW this time. It's not realistic to keep counting points forever and I know I need to keep myself in check forever!

I am determined to finally get to target and keep it off this time! I am not quite sure what that target will be - I hope I have the wisdom when the times comes to know what is realistic. For now I have set it at 11 st 1 lbs (nice round 3.5 st loss and BMI 25). I will see how I feel when I get there.

Obviously, there have been gains and losses inbetween these times but those are the significant ones!

Here is my fridgegraph from the last 14 months or so...my first major mini-goal is to get back down to 180 lbs and call that year a 'blip'!

27thapril2011.png

Last edited:
Mass in Class (mass at home first thing, naked)
Week 1 - 14 st 8 lbs (14 st 5 lbs)
Followed EE plan this week. Lost 4 lbs (4.8 lbs)
Week 2 - 14 st 4 lbs (14 st 0.2 lbs)
Followed EE but badly - probably had too much fruit, also had smoothies before I realised that was wrong. Also had 84 syns + smoothie fruit syns. Lost 1 lbs (0 lbs)
Week 3 - 14 st 3 lbs (14 st 0.2 lbs)
Swapped to red days after two days this week and started exercising more.

Last edited:
Hi Zeke, welcome to the SW forum :D There are literally dozens of lovely ladies (and gents) here with tons of good advice and support and many a good giggle too.

I'm a bit of a SW novice myself but there are loads of SWers that have lost so much weight and if you haven't already done so, I suggest you read through a few of their diaries for inspiration.

Good luck with your journey xxx

Very happy this week! The extra effort paid off and I am down 3.5 lbs - earning my half-stone and getting into the 13's (13 st 13.5 lbs).

0halfstone.jpg

I am such a big kid - couldn't wait to get home and update my sig!

I got a blue line for the first time on my SW online graph:

my-progress-chart-wk4.png

Followed EE but badly - probably had too much fruit, also had smoothies before I realised that was wrong. Also had 84 syns + smoothie fruit syns. Lost 1 lbs (0 lbs)
Swapped to red days after two days this week and started exercising more. Managed to stay under 70 syns this week (69.5!). Lost 3.5 lbs (3.4 lbs)
Week 4 - 13 st 13.5 lbs (13 st 10.8 lbs)

Plan for the week ahead is to continue following red days, keep syns below 70 and fit in as much exercise/activity as I can.

Last edited:
I decided to pop into our small town clothes shop (m&co) and have a look at the clothes today.

Not quite sure what I expected really but the summary is I am still fat. :D.

I tried on three size 16 items (I am a size 18 atm but we are talking Planet and they indulge in vanity sizing!) and whilst they all fitted I didn't look good enough to actually buy any of them.

I am reassuring myself though that just another 10 lbs seems to make a fairly big difference to me. When I was last that weight (180lbs - approx 1 yr ago) I could fit into several other items in my wardrobe and feel relatively ok about them.

I have hardly any clothes that fit my current size - one pair of jeans, 2 pairs of work-out leggings, one pair of work trousers and a few tops.

Just posting this for my future self....

Emotional eating. I fully recognised myself doing this yesterday.
The ILs came round for a visit and, as ever, said things that annoy/irritate (DH agrees - it isn't just me!). As soon as they left I found myself heading for the fridge but this time I really noticed what I was doing.
I had only used a few syns for the couple of days so I had plenty 'in the bag' for a little treat or two - which I had that evening.
For now I've come up with a few things that will limit how much I interact with them. I need to start thinking about how I will switch the conversation when they inevitably start noticing I have lost weight (been there before - generally a compliment followed by a long string of obvious statements and several negative comments about how I used to be - hate it!).

Hi Zeke,

Well done on your losses so far. That's brilliant. I think many of us can relate to your past weights. Although I haven't actually dieted very often, my pattern mostly looked up and up with the occasional plateau !

I don't worry too much about my syns now as long as I stick to 15 max. When I first started I used to keep them on the lower end but now I just use them because it's what keeps me on the plan (which is what keeps me losing weight). I agree that SW is a good plan to stick to and my (provisional !) plan is to stick to this if/whenever I reach my target.

You will find that it won't be long before you will start to fit into more clothes and more importantly into the next size down. It's a great feeling. For me it has roughly been 1 size per stone but everyone is a bit different. I look forward to hearing about it :)

Gail x

Thank you, Gail :)

I have just had a sort-out of my wardrobe and put all the clothes that actually fit me together (at the moment they are mixed up with the next size down). Then I have grouped the size 16s together (I have quite a few of those and they are fairly nice - much nicer than my size 18s on the whole!).

I feel like I have re-discovered a lot of gems. Really looking forward to being able to wear all of those soon!

I also have clothes in sizes 14, 12 and 10! They are in the darker recesses of the wardrobe and loft - I'm not looking at those yet but I did come across a size 10 skirt....it is tiny! Hard to believe I ever fitted into it. But I did and I will again.

Hello Zeke

Your diary is really interesting, thank you for sharing it!!

Firstly - I weigh almost nude first thing after a pee when I get up - and will continue to do so - I can't believe the difference when you go to class!! Blimey!

What exercise are you doing? Your loss when switching to red days and increased exercise was really good - I am stuck in a big self destruct rut at the moment :mad: and that is why I am reading so many diaries - and asking questions - to try to get me back on track!! :D

You made me laugh with your wardrobe - I am exactly the same!! :D and have loads of clothes that I "WILL" wear again!! lol! And the killer heels to go with them!! :D

Good luck with your journey - I hope you don't mind if I keep an eye on your diary for inspiration

D xx

Thanks for reading my diary dizziedawnie - I never really expect people to actually read my diary! It is a great motivator when people do though!

Yes, switching to red did really seem to work for me. I am going to try at least one green day next week though. I haven't tried that yet!

As for exercise, I go on the stepper when my son has a swimming lesson (gym overlooks the pool) - so that is 30 mins 4x a week. I also take the dogs on a longish walk at least every other day - 3 miles/60 mins. I have fairly recently started adding exercise DVDs into the mix and I have just bought the wii zumba game (not hooked on that yet though....). Sometimes I fit in longer gym sessions. Maybe once a week I will swim 1 mile (not all in one go - with breaks!). I try to walk into town rather than drive etc.

Apart from the stepper I don't have a routine at all. I just try and be as active as I feel like and mix high intensity with fairly low (like walking the dog). I am trying to do something at least once a day though. Yesterday that was just a fairly short walk with the dogs and my family. Other days I may be able to fit in/feel like three sessions.

Yes - you will be able to wear all your clothes again - and those killer heels! Sadly my feet went up a size after I had my son and most of my lovely shoes are a size too small. I guess I will have to buy more :D

Good luck with your journey! I decision at a time, 1 day at a time....you will get there!

Actually Zeke, it is possible that your feet may shrink back. My feet have definitely got smaller since I have lost weight and I can get back into shoes that I couldn't wear a few years ago.

Wow on the exercise - that's brilliant and will definitely really help :)

Gail x

I only have a couple of things that fit so have to try and get that weight off or buy the next size up , think I need to try and stay on the bandwagon for once.

gl12282 said:
Actually Zeke, it is possible that your feet may shrink back. My feet have definitely got smaller since I have lost weight and I can get back into shoes that I couldn't wear a few years ago.

Wow on the exercise - that's brilliant and will definitely really help :)

Gail x

I agree about the shoe size thing. It's happened twice to me, once when I was in school, I was in hospital for a few weeks after being diagnosed with arthritis, I lost around 3 stone and dropped 2 shoe sizes. It wasn't until I was allowed home that I realised neither my clothes or shoes didn't fit!!!

2nd time is now, I've only lost just over 1 1/2 stone but I saw a fab pair of boots & sandles in the sale in the weekend (£10 & £15) and I had to buy the next size down (size4) May have just been the shop, but it confused the hell out of me as I've been a size 5 since the first incident!

Oh Good! I really do hope my feet do go back down a size. I am currently a size 7 but used to wear a 6.

I gave all my really nice size 6 shoes to my good friend after I had been a size 7 for five years (I know that sounds disgusting but most were 'dress shoes' so barely worn and were not cheap!). She did joke I could have them back if I ever went down a size again...!

Getting down to the weight I was when I was a size 6 shoe didn't do the trick though (tried that a couple of times!). Maybe when I am properly slim though.

I have other friends whose shoe size when down after pregnancy! It is strange business!

Zellka - yes, you can drop a 1/2 dress size/dress size pretty quickly really. I do wish I hadn't allowed myself to keep buying the next size up over the years...I did that before I had a child though. I refused to buy anything in a 16 so once a I got to a large 14 (aka 16!) I would slim down again.

After giving birth I went and bought some cheap (what I thought would be baggy) clothes in a size 16 without trying them on (Tesco). I still remember the horror when I got home find that they were so small I actually couldn't wear them! That was the start of size 16 and 18 becoming normal for me. If I am honest I have actually got up to a size 20 (but stayed in big size 18s) a couple of times now so I guess that became me new signal to lose weight size!

Last edited:
It is my last day filling in my food diary for my leader today. I have found the process surprisingly useful. I am a bit torn as to what to do next though. I definitely need somewhere to record my syns for the week and probably my HeA and HeB. I could, of course, just carry on using the standard diary thing and miss out filling in the free and superfree foods...or just make a quick note in my diary.

gtg for now... there will be more ramblings later I am sure.

It is my last day filling in my food diary for my leader today. I have found the process surprisingly useful. I am a bit torn as to what to do next though. I definitely need somewhere to record my syns for the week and probably my HeA and HeB. I could, of course, just carry on using the standard diary thing and miss out filling in the free and superfree foods...or just make a quick note in my diary.

gtg for now... there will be more ramblings later I am sure.

Just continue to do it on here! :)

I don't go to class and find it incredibly useful as you say, and I can go back and check and amend, and it is on show too so I have to be honest!! :D

D x

I've really enjoyed reading your posts zeke, so would be happy if you continued to post on here! I'm always Intrigued by other people's weight loss diaries, but my history Is similar to yours and I've decided no more yo-yo dieting from here on out!!!

Good luck!! Keep us updated!!!

Ps how do you get a fridgegraph?! Xxxx

Last edited:
Thank you MrsBurgundy and dizziedawn!

I tried a food diary on here and I couldn't be bothered with it! I need one in the kitchen really. I think I'll just print one out and stick it on the fridge (must remember to remove it when people come round I don't want to know I am on a diet i.e. the ILs!).

Fridgegraph is a website. Fridge Graph: Social Dieting
I joined a few years ago now (it is free but you can give a small one-off donation for the upgraded version - which I did but you really don't need that for a basic graph).

You can add goal dates and goals if you wish (multiple ones if you upgrade). I don't have one at the moment though. I have set myself several challenges though. You have to have two people for a challenge (but I manage to by-pass that by putting in my email address in add extra person box and then I am simply in it twice).

This is my main graph today:

May52011.png

This is one of my finished challenges (April 2011):

April2011.png

I do a 2 lb challenge every week, monthly challenges, 10% challenge, final goal challenge...I also have a challenge that I keep updating every half-term with a friend.

All of the challenges update automatically, so once you have set it up you don't need to do anything else. To put the images on here I save the picture to my desktop and then upload to photobucket and use the image file.

It was my WI day this morning. I almost stayed to class...but then decided I would rather come home and go on minimins! I lost 1.5 lbs this week which I am pretty pleased with considering it is my TOTM. I also bought the 100 free green recipies book as I want to try at least one green day this week.

Swapped to red days after two days this week and started exercising more. Managed to stay under 70 syns this week (69.5!). Lost 3.5 lbs (3.4 lbs)
Week 4 - 13 st 13.5 lbs (13 st 10.8 lbs) Red days all week. Syns 66. TOTM end of week. Lost 1.5 lbs (1.8 lbs).
Week 5 - 13 st 12.0 lbs (13 st 9.0 lbs)

Well done on the loss!! Thats great news!!! I tend to shy away from the meetings as well, but that's mostly because i've gained instead of loss, and i don't want to be shamed, so come on here instead!!! Hahaha!!
Thanks for the fridge graph info - shall go and set one up now!!
I'm totalyl up for some challenges if you'd like to add my email to yours? I've set a few small goals for myself (Lose 7lb, lose a stone, lose 10%, get down to 13s etc) and have signed up for the May challenge (-7lb) and the summer challenge (-30lb) so more than happy to have mini challenges as well!!!!? (If you don't mind me taggnig along of course?!)

That would be great MrsBurgundy. Add me as a friend on there (I am zeke on there too) and we can sort out some challenges! We can each decide on how much we would like to lose in a certain period of time and there is an option of the winner being the one who has lost the most of lost the most of their individual target.

When I get your friend request I'll add you to my May challenge if you like - I have set 7 lbs as my target but you can chose what you want if you let me know.

Last edited:
Back