Getting to Target in 2018 (finally!)

Massive congratulations, that's amazing! So many milestones as well, and right before xmas week. Super achievement, well done.

Thankyou! I'm absolutely thrilled! :)

I'm back in Manchester now so will be weighing in at my normal group this week on Wednesday. I actually missed everyone last week! Although the group I went to on Thursday in Dorset was absolutely lovely :)

I'm still on plan 100% and intend to be so until the 23rd. I've got my Christmas do on Thursday but hoping I can dance off a few syns and I generally stick to gin and slimline tonic anyway. I'm going to be off plan from Christmas Eve to Boxing Day and I will be weighing in on the 27th, just to keep myself in check! I'll try and stick to plan as much as I can from 27th-30th (but I will definitely go over my syns, no point pretending I won't) and then I'm allowing myself NYE and NYD to have some treats and finish off any leftover Christmas goodies. Then back on it 100% from 2nd January all the way to target - that's the plan anyway! :)

Have a good week everyone!

Had my second attempt at getting weighed tonight and.... I lost 4lbs! Got my Club 10 award, Slimmer of the Week and am in the 14s!!! So so so happy :)

wow that's great, well done. how annoying about your group being closed with no warning x x

Today is my final weigh in before Christmas, eek! I've been 100% on plan although have had pretty much 15 syns every day (I normally try and stick to less than 10) and I'm just not feeling hopeful for a loss. According to my scales this morning I'm heading for a maintain. I'll be disappointed if that happens but I know I've stuck to it absolutely 100%, have counted every syn and deserve a loss. So if I do maintain when I really should have lost, fingers crossed my Christmas gain will be smaller!

Every time I've done Slimming World I've always had a two week pattern - a big loss one week and a tiny loss the next, and repeat! Looking at my weigh ins this time around it's no different - on average 4 pounds one week and then 1-1.5 pounds the week after. I figure after 8 weeks I'm probably due a maintain so will try and take it on the chin and not let it derail me!

I realised this morning that I've not had any alcohol for about 3.5 weeks which, as a massive wine lover, is a big achievement! Although it does make me slightly concerned for my staff do tomorrow and the potential hangover on Friday!

Good luck for today.

You have the same patterns as me, I have a large loss, then a smaller one after. My consultant told me to look at a monthly weight loss rather than weekly as that shows a truer reflection of things. I also didn't drink for 4 weeks, which was a huge achievement, and then got hideously drunk last weekend haha. Sometimes you do have to let your hair down a bit.

Good luck for today.

You have the same patterns as me, I have a large loss, then a smaller one after. My consultant told me to look at a monthly weight loss rather than weekly as that shows a truer reflection of things. I also didn't drink for 4 weeks, which was a huge achievement, and then got hideously drunk last weekend haha. Sometimes you do have to let your hair down a bit.

Thanks Charlie! I definitely agree that looking at it monthly is a good idea but I still struggle when I have the smaller losses, haha! I think it's unfortunate that next week should be my "big loss" week but obviously it won't be because it's Christmas. I am definitely hoping for a smaller gain because of that though. Famous last words!

I am generally terrible at staff Christmas dos - I just have no willpower when there is free wine on the tables and am notorious for getting VERY drunk. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I can rein it in this year as really don't fancy a vile hangover for my last day at work on Friday!

So, in a very odd but very welcome turn of events I lost 2.5 lbs last night! Taking me to 1 stone 13.5 lbs in 8 weeks. I'm gutted I didn't get the extra 0.5 lbs which would have got me my 2 stone award but I know it'll be waiting for me in January.

Group was very quiet last night (only 10 of us!) but we had a lovely buffet, played some daft games and just had a really good laugh. I got Slimmer of the Week, won a bar of chocolate during one of the games and won the raffle! My prize was a box of Hifis every month for a year! How good?!

I'm off to my staff do tonight but staying on plan until then. I had strawberries, raspberries and passion fruit for breakfast, with a yoghurt, and lunch is going to be a chicken tikka Subway salad (no olives or cheese), with 2 syns for ranch dressing :)

Happy New Year everyone!

I weighed in last Wednesday and had gained 3 pounds. I'm expecting the same again tomorrow as haven't been on plan at all really but I'm back on it 100% as of today!

Hope you all had a fantastic Christmas and New Year :)

Hi everyone! A longer than intended absence from here! I didn't weigh in last Wednesday as came down with a horrible cough and cold and just couldn't face going. I did however go to weigh in on Saturday morning and had a 1 pound gain. So 4 pounds in total over Christmas and New Year. Not too shabby really! I had hoped for a maintain on Saturday as I'd been back on plan for 4 days prior to that but I'll take a small gain!

Am back down in Dorset this week with my husband so will be weighing in on Thursday at the same group as last time. I'd like to get my whole 4 pound gain off, ideally! We will see.

Exactly the same as me, 4 pounds on over xmas and New Year! I'm hoping most of it will be gone already when I weigh in tonight. 4 pounds really isn't that bad and definitely easy to get rid off once back on track. Best of luck.

Exactly the same as me, 4 pounds on over xmas and New Year! I'm hoping most of it will be gone already when I weigh in tonight. 4 pounds really isn't that bad and definitely easy to get rid off once back on track. Best of luck.

Thankyouuuu! x

Back