Getting to the low 9's

Hi there... Anyone else up for a new year push??

I have rejoined weightwatchers after some attempts at other methods such as Slimming World... But concluded that I need to count points to succeed!

I did weightwatchers a long time ago now and lost almost 2.5stone in 9 months, putting half a stone back on but having kept the rest off I KNOW it's sustainable.

This time round... I am now on week 2, having lost 2.5lb in week 1 (simple start), taking me to 10st 1lb. I was around 9st11 before Christmas but complete blew it! So my target this week is to get back under 10st, looking for another 2.5lb loss o get me to 9st12.5. And pushing forward throughout January and feb to get into the low 9s. I have a big goal motivating me as I am getting married in April and my dress fitting is on 1 March (terrified!! - but I believe I can really make a difference if I focus this month and next). I am also doing the 30 day shred, completed day 7 today.

Would love some buddies to keep me going. Let me know if anyone wants to join me, would love to hear your story xx

Wow well done on your loss so far & getting to day 7 of the 30 day shred. I've only ever managed to get as far as googling it!!!

Married in April, how exciting & what a great motivator!! You've plenty of time to lose some pounds, stay focused, don't stretch yourself & don't beat yourself up! Maybe aim for 1lb a week, that should get you somewhere around 9st7 with a bit of leg room!

I'm 5ft3 & weighed 9st9 on my wedding day, dress & I felt great ;) I want to feel like that again, I've weighed the same & less since but not felt as good because I'm not exercising & toning as much as I did then. So even though I weighed more on my wedding day than at my lightest I was still slimmer. So exercise is great!

Hi the_last_time!

Thanks for your reply and comments. It's really nice to hear what someone else weighed on their wedding day. We got engaged in the autumn so haven't had a lot of time, though really had wished to be about 9st7 by now but you're right - got to stay focused and not beat yourself up. Another half stone or so would be great and anything else is a bonus. As the dress fitting is 1 March I probably shouldn't lose too much more after that anyway, though we'll just have to see what happens!

The shred is hard at first but worth giving a try if you fancy it. Now I'm on day 7 level 1 seems a lot easier and I am looking forward to moving on to level 2 later this week. I've seen some great before and after photos online so it does seem to work. I'll let you know how I get on!

Are you aiming for anything in particular at the moment? Are you on propoints?

Hi the_last_time! Thanks for your reply and comments. It's really nice to hear what someone else weighed on their wedding day. We got engaged in the autumn so haven't had a lot of time, though really had wished to be about 9st7 by now but you're right - got to stay focused and not beat yourself up. Another half stone or so would be great and anything else is a bonus. As the dress fitting is 1 March I probably shouldn't lose too much more after that anyway, though we'll just have to see what happens! The shred is hard at first but worth giving a try if you fancy it. Now I'm on day 7 level 1 seems a lot easier and I am looking forward to moving on to level 2 later this week. I've seen some great before and after photos online so it does seem to work. I'll let you know how I get on! Are you aiming for anything in particular at the moment? Are you on propoints?

Ah yes, you don't want to lose after your fitting - that would be a massive pain in the arse!!! That's still a few weeks so with the shred & some watching what you eat you can lose it. If you're anything like me you fall off the wagon, gain a pound or so, beat yourself up about it, throw your hands in the air & say 'what's the point?!' DON'T DO that if you do have a gain & take measurements for the shred - may just be repeating myself now!!

I don't have any weight loss goals at the moment, just don't gain!! I'd like to be smaller but I'm going to focus on exercise & see how I fair with that. I've signed up for a fun triathlon in June, it's 200m swim - 20k bike - 2.5k run in that order, so with my gym toning program I SHOULD decrease in size!!!

Wow that sounds mega. Fair play to you to manage that. It will definitely help you to maintain.

After this weeks weigh in I am now 4.5lb down so need to keep pushing on. And have entered level 2 of the shred - way harder than level 1!!!

Xx

6.5lbs now off in 3 weeks. Now 9st 11, aiming to get to 9st 7 after next 2 weigh ins - the second one is on my birthday so a present to myself!!

Hope you are doing well the_last_one!

There must be other people trying up get to the low 9's!

Xx

Oh wow that's amazing, you must be so pleased!!! Under 10st - good news!

I'm currently off plan, but I haven't gained any weight so that's a positive I suppose!!

A sts is still good regardless of what home scales say & remember it's a lot to do with inches not weight, I'm sure the inches are slipping away!! When's your fitting? March??

A newbie to WW & minimins!! Yes please do join :)

I like WW but have had varying success, but that's my fault, it works well if you stick to it, but I tend to get a bit too greedy at weekends ;)

Minimins is great too - loads of support & people around with advice etc....

I'm 10st at the moment, forever dancing around this weight, one day I'm going to be 9st5!!! :D

Hi thanks. Yes well I am doing ok at the moment but worried that the weekends may well be my downfall too. I haven't touched the 49 extra points yet although it's early days. Do you use all of your extras in a week?

I went shopping and bought some different things to keep me going and so far, I'm not finding it too bad.

As as you say the key is sticking to it and with the right attitude I'm sure we will get there.

Good luck with your goal :)

Back