Getting Wed in 5 months - in a size 12 dress

Drawing a line and have been massively good today, got lovely dinner planned, meals for the week all sorted, no reason why I can't lose my 2lb per week target. Its 20 weeks until the beginning of March which would get me 2 and a half stone down, which would be unbeliveable and amazing!

There's no reason why I can't do this.

Of course you can do it! We all can! Just think positive! Keep imagining yourself at yr target and you will get there. Every time you 'reach for a biscuit' or whatever think about yr target and ask yrself 'is this worth it?' You will get there!

Thanks guys, really need all the help I can get, woke up feeling quite low and don't even know why - but the answer won't be eating the wrong things. Got a day at the beach with my best friend planned, doing a healthy picnic, looking forward to it as she'll cheer me up! Logging off now to wash hair, do housework and make sandwiches. Three weeks to go until my holiday, would be great if I could get 7lbs off and really fit into my clothes comfortably. Going to relax on hols but still have lots of fruit & veg, doing a lot of wedding planning while we are there. Got lots to look forward to just need my mood to catch up with me! Got one of those 'need a good cry' heads on this morning, hate Monday's anyway as spent all weekend with OH and now he's at work. Nevermind, focus!

~Had a lovely day yesterday with my BF, just what I needed, she saw my dress and absolutely loved it (but thankfully didn't ask to see what I look like in it!!). Was so pleased by her reaction, she said it could have been made just for me as it was just my style. Been really good today and have got a vegetable based dinner planned. Got WI in tomorrow and although I don't hold out a great deal of hope for losing anything, hopefully I won't have gained. Thinking of speaking to my cousin and friend about the wedding plans (so far we've told nobody other than my BF!) so that they can really get behind me for my ultimate goal. Although I've only got 3 weeks til it all comes out anyway so I'm really not sure as OH and I have agreed to really keep it under our hats.

Just under 2 weeks until holiday which is also doubling up as our wedding planning & arranging holiday, have decided to treat myself to some super-duper expensive autumn/winter style boots as my first reward for making this vow to change my life and get in that beautiful dress.

Oh! For anyone who shops at Aldi, their version of Batchelors Pasta & Sauce is yummy in the tomato flavour - am just praying it is free or low and I'm 99.9% sure that it is, can anyone check for me please?

Here's to a good Tuesday for all of us - if it is true that most workers have their most productive day on a Tuesday, then I think that must be true of slimmers too! Always have a burst of motivation on a Tuesday, just a shame its too late to change my WI result!

Good day today, and even better when OH gets in from work with the news that he is going to make me one of his lovely veg risottos, yum yum! He's pretty supportive with my healthy eating although he caves in far too easily when I beg him to get me something naughty from the shop! Not good, need a big fat NO!!!

WI tomorrow, eeek! Have also requested some healthy eating books from the library to take on holiday with me.

Need to swap my brain for the ones that belong to all the perfectionistas who lose weight week after week after week, my poor brain is just all over the place at the moment. Early night tonight I think.x

6012239353_5732f63f8c.jpg

This is the bodice of my amazing dress! Will put one on of the back in a minute, taken me this long to work out re-sizing!
This is my motivation, hope you will agree that it is just beautiful x

6012782952_fba1d420d4.jpg
And the back with its beautiful train and embroidery x

6012233949_c20747062b_z.jpg

And finally, the full dress in all its glory.
It makes it all worth it!

Woke up grumpy again this morning, don't know what is wrong with me, other than anxiety and worry over my little boy starting school in 2 weeks, its really getting to me. It has always been just me and him, now I'm going to be all on my own! I know its only for a few hours a day but it is a massive change and I'm worrying that he's going to turn into a horrible brat like some children do when they start school. Scared of losing my little boy!

Determined to have a good eating day, my lovely friend is taking me to the greengrocers after WI to stock up on fruit, salad and veg then when I get home from WI I'm going to make a big menu and really try and organise myself so much more including making time for exercise. OH moaned at me yesterday over the housework and its really put me down :-(

Expecting a STS at WI today, think new SW mag is out soon. Looking at my dress on here has cheered me up tho!

Love the dress its gorgeous.
I'm getting married next year and will be restarting slimming world for the millionth time tomorrow. My aim is to lose between 1.5 and 2 stone.

I'm going to a wedding in Costa Rica in December so want to get most off by then

The dress is really beautiful - I love it :)

You will be worried about him starting school cos it's a big change for both of you. He may get grumpier than usual cos he'll be tireder. In no time at all you'll be wondering where the days gone cos when mine were little I'd drop them off in a morning and before I knew it, it was time to pick them up again.

Thanks everyone! Glad you like the dress. I can't wait to wear it!

STS as expected yesterday but we'd all had a bad week, my friend had also STS and my cousin had sadly put on 4lbs which she was really gutted about, tho she has been on holiday and has lost 2st since March, so she's done brilliantly.

Got to be 100% on track now from today until Sept 11th when we go on holiday. Off to a good start this morning and feeling happy tho have had a row with the OH as I'm fed up of him treating our house like a hotel and an extension of his shed - with polished engine parts all over the dining table! GRRRR!!!!!

Here's to a good dieting day for all of us - and good to have some more followers and encouraging people on my diary, we're all in this together! x

Love the dress its gorgeous.
I'm getting married next year and will be restarting slimming world for the millionth time tomorrow. My aim is to lose between 1.5 and 2 stone.

I'm going to a wedding in Costa Rica in December so want to get most off by then

Have you chosen your dress yet? Your goal is good - realistic to get to and then maintain. I'm so much better at maintaining than I am losing!

Mmm the December wedding sounds lovely, what a good target. How did you get on today?

Pleased to report that I have had a really good day.

From tomorrow I'm going to get out my SW books including a notebook that I have made all by my very self and start sharing some recipes to inspire us all.

Tonight OH is making a yummy chilli which I'm very much looking forward to. We've had a bit of an off day with each other, which started last night and continued on into today, nothing serious just general summer holiday tiredness, money worries, the fair division of domestic duties and so on, I've also had a very tense conversation with my dad on the phone, but it has got me down HOWEVER! I have not binged, I have had a lot of fruit and liquid, I had a nice lunch, and now as I say he is going to cook us a chilli.

Oh and I've tracked all day in my special notebook which has motivated me and helped me through. It really is a struggle at the moment as I've been following SW on and off for 2 years now so I'm experiencing the kind of thing that goal members have, even tho I'm nowhere near a goal member, but it feels like a constant battle to lose even a pound. But I will get there!!

All in all, a good day.

Glad you had a good day mine was great stuck to plan which was fab!!

Going dress shopping on Saturday with mum and mother in law (she only has boys so though it would be nice for her to come along)

This is my fave so far....

Designer Wedding Dresses by Sophia Tolli  |  Item View

Its just a tad over budget and as it's a new one has not popped up online cheaper yet.... I love the patten up to side and onto the little sleeves, If I could have that in a 10 I would be over the moon

I LOVE Sophia Tolli dresses - sadly even with the budget they'd do nothing for me as I am so short, but this is my favourite ST:

http://sophiatolli.com/global/colorPhotos/zoom/Y11112-FRONT-FINAL.jpg

Just adore the combination of sophisticated bodice, the side detail and then the beautiful princess skirt.

I love the sleeves on your one though, how tall are you? Wish I was just even a little bit taller!

Well done for sticking to plan too, am definitely up for another 100% day today, the difference it makes to your mood is just unreal, you'd never believe it was possible to feel so different just from eating properly, but its true! The downside is that is why any slips feel so bad, but I feel so focused and ready at the moment that I'm not interested in slips!

Recipe: Herby Chicken Kiev

Have chosen this one as it is perfect for this time of year, you can have it summery with pasta and salad, or wintery with potatoes and veg. Or quickly with syn free chips and beans! Whatever way you like it, its just yummy. Chicken Kievs (or Kevins as my DS calls them!) are really bad syn wise if you by the pre-made ones, so this recipe feels naughty but isn't - my perfect kind of recipe!

I'll type it out exactly how it appears in the magazine. You'll need 4 cocktail sticks to secure the mixture in.

SIMPLE
Serves - 4
Ready in 35 minutes

4 Garlic Cloves
A handful of fresh tarragon, finely chopped
A handful of fresh parsley, finely chopped
Zest & Juice of 1/2 lemon
2 tbsp Quark
S&P
4 skinless chicken breasts
1 egg, beaten
2oz/57g breadcrumbs
Fry Light

1) Pre-heat oven to 200c/400f/Gas 6. In a bowl, mix the garlic with the tarragon, a quarter of the parsley, the lemon zest and juice and the quark, then season.

2) Make a cut down each chicken breast. Stuff each cut with the herby mixture and secure with a cocktail stick. Place the chiken on a lined baking sheet & brush with the beaten egg.

3) Mix the breadcrumbs and the remaining parsley and sprinkle over the chicken. Spray with Fry Light and bake for 20 minutes. Remove the cocktail sticks and serve.

This does sound a bit fiddly but its not that bad - you could make the herb mixture earlier in the day if you wanted to save time. I tend to halve the garlic as I don't like it that much! You could also add grill HEXA cheese to the top to really make it feel like you are being naughty!

This is 2 and a half syns on EE but I forgot to write down what the other syns are, possibly the same for a red day?

Just got back from taking my DS swimming with my friend and her two little boys, had a great time, DS swam really confidently, and my friend and I both gave each other a chance to get a few lengths in the bigger pool next door to the children's pool, so have had some exercise too. We had an early lunch of ravioli with HEXb roll, then when we got home we were so hungry despite a snack of apple & sugar-free flapjack we cracked open a tin of macaroni cheese to share! But was the best option in my food-free house, going shopping when OH gets home.

Got quorn fillets and loads of veg for tea, edging closer to all my syns being taken up for today but have had a really good day, early night after hot bath I think tonight tho!

Determined to get through until Tuesday without falling off plan or going over my syns; Tuesday I'm having a cooking & baking day with my BF which is going to be tricky but will ask to take the baking home with me rather than eat it at hers - that way I can avoid actually eating it! Bad I know but I'd rather a bit of sneakiness than to cancel the whole day; she's such a good cook and my DS loves cooking with her. Then its WI on Weds, boy would I seriously be over the moon and on another planet to get back into the 11's - still hovering on 12st 1 at the moment. Not seen the 11's since early 2009, have to get through them and into the 10's by December!

Back