Getting Wed in 5 months - in a size 12 dress

Well what a brilliant day! I am proud of myself now as well as my DS - and think OH was quietly proud and pleased with me in his own way too. Ok, so its just a small thing but I know you are going to get what I mean by this--

Friday night is my 'net night', OH goes out to the pub and I just veg on the sofa catching up with various forums, fb chats, emails and so on. Usually this would be accompanied by a huge bag of crisps and a whole tub of houmus all to myself. Tonight, in Aldi, this little SW'er walked right on past the dip aisle, and didn't go anywhere near the crisp aisle.

Why? Cos I want this more than anything, and its not just the dress, its the feeling, the feeling that I have had with me all day, the feeling of being healthy, not filling my body with rubbish, not letting myself down, not giving in all the time, not thinking 'oh there's always tomorrow' or 'oh I deserve a treat, a break'... a break from what?! How is spoiling my mood and ruining my diet a treat?!

I haven't felt tired all day despite swimming as that always makes me feel really tired, but I've done so well with my diet that its only now that I can hear my bed calling. I've spent time with my darling little boy, with my friend and her lovely two (especially the 8m old baby who loves the water) and just generally had the best time that I've had in ages, all with a few hours swimming and proper eating! The only thing that I did do slightly wrong (but not syn wise) was to somehow, when presented with the news that the cafe at the pool did not do my green tea, order a diet Pepsi! I never ever drink fizz any more! But I really fancied it and didn't feel bad afterwards as I know its syn free, but talk about out of character, that was literally the first or second fizzy drink I have had this year!

Off to bed now, my ultimate challenge is a 100% weekend, and you know what? I CAN DO IT!

hey Jo, hope you dont mind me popping in for a read. you're doing really well with the swimming and i hope it helps you drop the weight you want to lose.

your wedding dress is absolutely beautiful - and you will look even more beautiful in it :) x

hey Jo, hope you dont mind me popping in for a read. you're doing really well with the swimming and i hope it helps you drop the weight you want to lose.

your wedding dress is absolutely beautiful - and you will look even more beautiful in it :) x

Thank you! I must admit it is lovely and reassuring to hear that others like it, I'm certainly really pleased with it, just need to carry on as I am and get into it!

I love swimming but sadly it doesn't like me - it really dries my skin out so I can't do a great deal of it, but it is very good exercise.

Have a fab weekend hun and well done on avoiding the crisps x

It wasn't easy I can tell you! But I really argued with myself and said I wanted the dress so, so much more than crisps or anything else.

Having great weekend so far - me and OH really cracked on with all of the housework and I've got my office sorted out now ready for doing a huge amount of paperwork tomorrow, so I'm happy about that, and the house is looking all nice and shiny and clean although next week I will have to spend time re-sorting the cupboards and drawers as it was more of a 'hide it all away' tidy up as our friends were coming round.

Been absolutely 100% today, got nice dinner of pasta & veg bake planned for later, yummy.

Tummy feels a lot flatter today and that horrible 'shelf' you get at the bottom of your back seems a bit slimmer and not so much 'there' if you get what I mean! Good day today although I'm quite stressed out as I'm trying to get a lot of paperwork done today before the start of the new academic year, which is a real pain especially on a Sunday but don't get too much of a chance to really knuckle down and get on. Quick lunch break at the moment, having a bit of a hungry day but think it is because I'm tired and feel a bit cold, yesterday was such a horrible damp day. Got a pile of ironing to look forward to later - that'll warm me up!

Hope everyone is having a good wknd - weekends are the worst point in a dieting week aren't they? But it was my challenge to be 100% and I'm very close to doing so, really pleased, really pushing for a 2lb loss this Weds so that I'm back in the 11's albeit right at the bottom, which will take me down to the weight I was when I first met my OH.

I did it!!!
:patback::clap::clap::happy096::bliss::girlpower::wow::queen::thankyou::superwoman::0clapper::banana dancer::bunnydance::banana dancer::angel::wee::party0023:

(a whole weekend completely, 100%, no cheating, no secret eating, no emotional eating, no punishing, no hating) just 100% good honest healthy eating, and I really, really could not be more proud of myself.

OH informs me that it is technically still the weekend! But I don't want to cheat or 'reward' myself in any way, I just want to keep going and going and going.

So a huge big thank you to mini mins - big temptation tomorrow as am at BF's and she's cooking and baking and doing all sorts of yummy naughty things AND we're taking DS out for dinner to celebrate him starting school....not good for WI on Wednesday morning!

BUT I can beat this - lots of salad and healthy things with lunch, tiny bit of whatever has been baked (maltesers cheesecake - fook!) then a chicken salad at the restaurant or a veg based pasta, and no dessert. Easy!

Thanks girls, love the encouragement on here. Today has been another good day, OH is making a strange concoction for dinner - sausagemeat with bacon, tomatoes, apples, cheese, and mash potato. Not too sure syns wise! As I had a ham roll for lunch, thinking red day but syn the potato as the meat is all organic and reasonably low fat, can't really do an EE day unless I syn the roll - hmm, will work it out when I finish my tracker later on; either way its yet another good day, and we also went for a 3 mile walk along the coast which was (hide in shame) my first real bit of exercise for ages since neglecting the wii fit/wii zumba for at least a week, oops! Must pick it up again v soon.

Earlier on I worked out that this time last year I weighed around 16 pounds more than I do now, so am glad about that, yes I could have tried harder and got more off in the same time frame but its weight that I will never see again.

Seriously tired after all that sea air!

Much as I hate to bring myself down (and probably everyone else with me!) I do feel a bit rubbish today, think am just tired as was woken up twice in the night by DS wanting a drink. Could definitely have done without that! Think am going to go and get into doing some housework to wake me up a bit, how sad is that!

Haven't got much of an appetite either - we've had a really stressful wknd with OH's ex causing trouble for us yet again, and my stomach just won't stop going round and round, feel really stressed and miserable but am determined not to let it spoil my diet, although as I say I really don't feel like eating much today.

Need to start sewing labels onto DS's school uniform, so that will keep my hands busy for a few days!

Very pleased to report that at my WI yesterday I was two pounds lighter :)

Am happy with that result but today really made me realise just what a huge, long journey I've got ahead of me. OH has very generously decided that we can up the budget a bit and so I've started to research buying another wedding dress 2nd hand online, for the Isle of Wight actual wedding ceremony, and then I can use the one that I've got for the at home reception. So, today I took myself off into town and tried on an absolutely gorgeous dress:-

951.jpg

Which is even more stunning in real life! BUT it just would not do up at the back, I had huge folds of fat hanging down at the back and my arms looked awful :-( saying that though, it had such amazing corsetry that it did give me a fantastic shape. So now I'm stuck as I really, really want to spoil myself by getting a dress for the main event, but it means so much more money and hassle and I think I've gone off with the fairies totally.

Also been a bit off food-wise today, think it is just because I'm really tired, feeling a bit stressed as am preparing for DS going to school, haven't even thought about packing for holiday yet! Also got lots of housework and washing to do, ironing to pack away...just the usual never-ending list but I really could do without it at the moment.

Still, I've got a healthy dinner planned, and tomorrow is another day

Thanks Tilly, I've found this dress second hand on ebay but its a size 10, which is pushing it even for me! I've contacted my seamstress to ask whether she will actually be able to alter two wedding dresses with the time scale we have, and also just how far dresses can come back out - I think its two sizes up or two sizes down. Am waiting to hear back. It may be that I have to have some kind of panels sewn into it or something.

All very much on the back-burner at the moment, at least I have one dress!

Still feeling quite low, need my bed, really tired. Really not sure what to do about my gym membership when it runs out at the end of the month - I just dont have time to go any more and because I don't drive its really awkward to get there; yes I could cycle but in a few weeks time its going to be dark at 6pm, and I just don't have time during the day because of my job and running the house and so on. Think I'm going to have to stick to sweating it out on my at-home DVD's, but really, really push myself. A whole new routine will start from next week once my little one is at school, really need to be doing at least an hours exercise during the day.

Right, am off to bed, ready for an overhaul and back-to-basics fresh start in the morning; feel really fat and yuck today so back to my 100%-ers tomorrow morning.

Decided not to persue the size 10 dress as wedding dress sizes are so much smaller than normal dress sizes anyway, so it would be more like an 8, and there probably wouldn't be enough material to take it out with. I shall just wait and see if another one comes up.

Today going well food wise, but I'm still in a real quandry about what to do with my gym membership. I do have three free mornings a week where I could cycle or bus there, but at the same time I'm actually thinking of cancelling it or joining one slightly nearer (a Ballantynes that I used to like going to) which is a bit more accessible and where a few other people I know go to. Really not sure. Another point that doesn't help is that my OH won't be *that* supportive because in the past I've joined things and not gone, but that is because I usually join with someone, then they stop going, then because I rely on them for transport I don't go again, sounds so terrible doesn't it!

But I do have a bike in the shed that needs dusting off. Really I just need to seriously push myself, and also, I only work part time so as long as I've still got time to keep the house nice and keep on top of the ironing and washing, why shouldn't I have a bit of time to myself to concentrate on being healthy?

I'm worth it! I think, anyway! Well in any case, the dress is most certainly worth it.

The size 10 dress went for £100 on ebay! Some lucky - and skinny - girl got a serious bargain there as they are £975 new AND it was dry cleaned. Feel sorry for the seller really as she wouldn't have even got her dry cleaning money back!

I really don't feel sad about not going for it though; there's just no way it would ever have fit and to have to have it altered so far out may well have spoiled it. It was a risk too far even for a serial risk taker like me!

Today has been good food wise but its been one of those days where you *feel* like you've done bad even though you haven't - this hasn't been helped by the fact that my dearest OH rescued a kitten yesterday, it had decided to get into his works van, so he brought it home to me...all very well except I am allergic to very fine fur! So all night and all day today I've really been struggling to breathe, very itchy eyed, tingly lips, sore throat...we've put signs up all around the village that we live in, and I've put it all over my facebook but we haven't heard a thing - I think it may well belong to a woman who lives nearby whose cats are constantly having kittens, and because she has way too many cats she hasn't even noticed one has gone! I don't want to go and ask as she's not the full shilling plus I'd rather he went to a better home - so if we've heard nothing by tomorrow evening he'll be going to live with one of our friends. He's so cute but boy is he making me feel rough!

Been good on the fruit and veg today, had two yummy pears. Struggled with feeling hungry but think its just general under-the-weather feelings, cos of that darned puddy cat!

Another 100% weekend, coming right up!

Found the dress for sale with another seller, this one is a 14 so that is much better in terms of altering it, will mourn that size 10 one for a long time I think because of how cheap it was, but I'd rather pay an extra £200 and be sure that it was going to be able to be altered properly.

Still can't afford to take my eye off of the ball with my dieting though!

Just sat down with OH and worked out a strict budget for the next six months to get us through to the wedding - in January we're remortgaging as the fixed term has come to an end, so hopefully we'll be able to get a better deal and save - but we can't take that for granted so we've come up with some strict ideas and also decided that we're going to have Sainsbury's deliver every 10 days or so. This is becuase we both hate food shopping and never have time for it, plus I can work out what SW recipes I want to try each week - the latest magazine seems to have a lot of easy, fool proof recipes in which even I hopefully won't be able to mess up!

Eating wise, hmm well the weekend hasn't been that great, I've been maybe 80%, don't even know why, have just been a bit down, think it is because I am just so very anxious about my little boy starting school on Tuesday. Once he is there and I know he's ok, things will start to feel a lot easier for me I think.

Off now to type out all the SW recipes from this mag that I want, then I'll pass it on to my friend. I type them up then stick them into my special recipe notebook, very posh aren't I?!!

Busy week ahead, back at work, got to pack for holiday, hopefully I'll have so much to do I won't even be able to think about eating the wrong things!!

Really funny day yesterday, was quite emotional because of my little boy going to school, but today was the day and he had a great time, I missed him and thought about what he was doing but he's really been good, he was emotional when he came home because I think he thought he was going to be staying for lunch, but we soon got over that and I'm just glad the first day is over.

Hoping to have lost at least 1lb at my WI tomorrow. Finally made a decision about the gym - my mum used to be a member of Gymophobics (where I am a member currently) and had said earlier in the year that she'd like to rejoin, so she's finally decided that she's going to do just that, and we can go together, which is great. So we've both got six months to get into shape.

She also now knows all about the wedding, which we were going to keep a surprise until we get back from our holiday/planning and booking week next week, but I ended up telling her Sunday night. Its a wonder I've managed to keep it in this long! She's happy and excited but I said it doesn't seem real to me at the moment, it will do more once we've got back from holiday and I've finally got that gorgeous ring on my finger!

Just ordered my headband, and got a discount, off to bed now - really hoping for 1lb off tomorrow but obviously more would be great!!
heirloom-garland-head-band_1359.jpg

Back