GGMAC attempting Slimming Worlds EE

Ahhhhhhh thanks folks, it's small but steady and long may it last eh?

Friday 31st August 2012

b - 2 wm toast, LF melted cheese, onion and cherry tomatoes

L - Carrot and red pepper soup, 2 cottage cheese scones and salad

d - Bean and vegetable lasagne with roasted veg

I love small and steady - 1lb a week is my aim as I love my food and am quite happy with it.

Do you know the "I am only a pound" poem - I think I will post it on my diary - when it was given to me I printed it out, laminated it and stuck it inside my kitchen cupboard.

i've not heard of the 'I am only a pound poem' but I look forward to reading it. I've been doing sw for 8 weeks now and in that time I have lost 10lbs, I love my food too, it's one of the great pleasures of life. I'm happy with small but steady 'cause that's exactly how the weight went on in the first place, I certainly didn't wake up one morning and it was all there, it was small and steady too

How I agree with you - it goes on over months and has come off over months.

Here it is

Apoundoffat-1.jpg

I read this years ago and have always keep it in my mind - I hate it when people say I only lost a pound this week -

How I agree with you - it goes on over months and has come off over months.

Here it is

Apoundoffat-1.jpg

I read this years ago and have always keep it in my mind - I hate it when people say I only lost a pound this week -

Thanks Systema....I love it....it reflects ME

Saturday 1st September

The kids start back to school on Monday so we headed to the fruit and veg wholesalers in Belfast at 7.00am. I've been nagging the OH about his biscuit, buns, cake and chocolate habits and that he's passing on these habits to the kids so he's going to be eating fruit instead from now on. It's healthy lunches all round for him and the kids (I'm good at resisting those foods but it will make my life alot easier not seeing them each time I open a cupboard or the fridge)

b - So breakfast was on the go and I had lovely quiche in the fridge so that was breakfast sorted

L - 2 wm sandwich containing lettuce, onion, cherry tomatoes, beetroot, cucumber and 1 tbsp lf mayo (2 syns) It's been ages since I had a simple sandwich and it was fab

d - quorn chicken curry, noodles, brocolli, cauliflower

s - 1 apple, 1 small orange

Sunday 2nd September 2012

b - 2 wm toast, lf melted cheese, onion and cherry tomatoes

L - We went out for Sunday lunch and I know I could have chosen better but I don't think I did too bad

Seafood chowder (and I only ate half and the kids finished the other half.....I could have had melon but hey ho, I love chowder). Poached salmon with leek sauce (even though I got the sauce on the side, I still ate every bit of it) , mashed potatoes, cabbage and carrots and I didn't eat the rather large roast potato and I didn't have dessert nor did i nibble at anyone elses.

d - orange, 1/2 pink grapefruit, kiwi, ff yoghurt, bean and vegetable lasagne

Now I'm off to iron name tags on the kids uniforms

well done for not havin dessert GG hope your monday went well x

I wish I could calculate the leek sauce and the chowder 'cause I might find it easier to refuse if I knew how many syns I'd used. (probably off the richter scale). Yes I had a great Monday,I got sooo much done today as the kids had their first day back at school, I didn't do any exercise as such but if count the spring clean I did, I'm sure I burnt lots of calories

Monday 3rd September 2012

b - 2 wm toast, LF cheese melted, onion and cherry tomatoes

L - Orange, 2 plums, 1/2 pink grapefruit, kiwi, ff natural yoghurt, tomato and herb mugshot

d - Quorn chicken curry with brocolli, cauliflower and a handful of cooked pasta, apple

i know what you mean about the exercise GG I have spent most of the summer on my butt so I reckon being on my feet all day is bound to burn off a few calories ...or at least I hope so lol x

Tuesday 4th September

b - 2 wm toast, lf cheese melted, onion and cherry tomatoes

L - Orange, 2 plums, 1/2 pink grapefruit, kiwi, ff natural yoghurt, herb and tomato mugshot, 2 cottage cheese scones

d - Quorn chicken curry, brocolli, cauliflower, noodles

60 minute power walk / run

A shower, Belgian hot chocolate (3 syns) and bed

Wednesday 5th September

Just home from another 60 minute walk / run, I go with my 9 year old son who is an avid football player and he's just joined a running club and he most definitely keeps me going, he's a great motivator. It's a shame that the dark evenings are coming in as the roads that we walk don't have street lights

b - 2 wm toast, lf cheese melted, onion and cherry tomatoes

L - Orange, 2 plums, 1/2 grapefruit, kiwi, ff yoghurt, left over bean and vegetable lasagne

d - Salmon, 2 scoops mashed potato, brocolli, cauliflower and carrots

No hot chocolate tonight, just a cup of tea

well done on the run/walk ....could you not go out earlier hen the dark nights come in hun?

well done on the run/walk ....could you not go out earlier hen the dark nights come in hun?

Unfortunately no Jem, my OH doesn't get home until late in the evening so I'd have nobody to look after the wee ones but I might try doing it at the football pitch, I'll see what's available

Thursday 6th September

b - 2 wm toast, LF cheese, onion and cherry tomatoes

L - mackerel pate, little gem lettuce leaves and cucumber

s - 2 cottages cheese scones (I probably didnt need them but they had just come out of the oven and were too irresisible and they are syn free so hey ho, why not )

d - Dinner is planned - orange, 2 plums, kiwi, 1/2 pink grapefruit, ff natural yoghurt, lentil and bean chilli lasagne (I've not put lentils in a lasagne before so I'm looking forward to trying it)

No walk / run tonight, my son has football and I'm looking forward to lounging around as I'm feeling really tired today. WI tomorrow....fingers crossed for a nice number ;)

good luck GG for your weigh in too I am not very hopeful for mine BUT one never knows lol x

2lb off this week, must be pounding the roads that's helped :D

I started the sw way of eating on the 6th July so it was 2 months yesterday and I've lost 12 lbs, this is by far the best way of eating I have ever tried and I've tried pretty much everything.

b - 2 wm toast, LF cheese melted with onion and cherry tomatoes

L - Lunch was out with my OH, we went to the same place as we went to on Sunday, I knew I couldn't resist the seafood chowder (I didn't have the kids with me today to polish off half of it and I knew I'd not be able to leave any (So i asked for a small portion)
Plaice (yes it was fried and if there had to have been another fish dish on the menu, believe me I would have had it and they only had vegetarian lasagne which I thought would have way too much ff cheese so I opted for the plaice and I didn't have the breadcrumbed batter on the bottom of the fish......every little helps me thinks), 2 mashed potatoes, turnip and garden peas and yet again NO dessert

d - Dinner is planned, same as last night, fresh fruit salad, ff natural yoghurt, bean and lentil lasagne (oh and might I just add that the lentils worked perfectly in the lasagne, OH loved it)

I will not be exercising tonight and I will be having some lovely red wine ....ahhhh it's been a great week :character00238:

Back