GI OR GL CONFUSSED.COM

Discussion in 'GI Diet Support Forum' started by mandye, 27 March 2008 Social URL.

1. mandye

mandye Silver Member

Start Weight:
    21st7lb
    Current Weight:
    10st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    10st13lb(50.83%)
    Diet:
    CAMBRIDDGE DIET SS
    Hi been looking into low GI diet for when I have to eat and make choices (on CD at mo but close to going up the plans now).I had just got my head round GI sort of when up pops GL (glycemic load ).Anyway 4hours later it seems to make sense .Has anyone got any experience of GI and GL do they both work or is one better than the other ? Also found this web site Diet, weight loss, health, EFT, low GL diet - Diet Freedom which for £2.48 a week will give me all the info and help I could need or so it sugests.Thought it looked good but has anyone tried it is it the same as weight loss resorces ? Any feed back would be good thanks Mandy

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. 10stonesize10

10stonesize10 Member

I think diet freedom is the best book
    I think I have given away about 10 copies
    Its easy to follow , easy to live with ,

4. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

both low GI and low GL work the difference is that GL takes into consideration portion sizes (ie the fact that a person is not likely to have a pound of carrots in one sitting. When consideration is given to how much a person is realistically going to eat, the impact on insulin is quite different to that given by GI plans) when working out the impact a food will have on insulin. Therefore you get a greater choice of food with low GL.

5. Dietingdon

Dietingdon Silver Member

Start Weight:
    21st6lb
    Current Weight:
    21st6lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    Can I just say you look amazing. You have done so well. I have a similar amount to lose as you, I hope I can do as well.x

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.