GIANT STEPS

Aw lush to have you back Belle :) I'm starting again on Sunday so will be on here all the time again from then lol! :D My next big goal is graduation, exactly 3 months today! Hope everythings ok with you :) Well done on restarting, you'll be back in ketosis in no time at all :D x

I commend you for getting back on... Your doing fantastic. It's easy to look in the mirror and think you look bad... I do it all the time! But you will be looking better than you did! you adjust so quickly to your new weight and size that sometimes you lose sight of how far you've come... Take some time looking at old piccies of yourself or look at the current you and find something you have noticed a difference in! And pat yourself on the back for it... And then a few weeks down the line you can do it all again! And feel even better again!! :D big hugs

Leaving some...
Keto love <3

I'm do annoyed I left a super long message and mg bloody phone app crashed!!!!

RARGH!!!!!

Okay so the jist was that basically I'm totes over the moon that your back! I've been away myself for a few days as I have been working super loads whilst oh is in america catching up on ISA season and tax melarky!

Anyways! So glad your back and doing 100% I'm doing the exact same as you with the odd keto friendly snack etc and one aam day per week till hols (one week and three days boosh)

How've you been the last few days? Hormones are horrible I have struggled but through the worst now! Atleast I know it won't happen whilst I'm away now, I feel your pain re not wanting to post whilst going mental!

Hope today and the rest of the weekend is good :D

Hi belle welcome back, you know it makes sense. Totally understandable about the kids and hols and stuff. I thought easter was a good time to start and looking back now it actually wouldv been better during normal schedule. Still very glad your back. You'll be going from Bellerine to Bellydancer!!!:D

Onwards hun x

Hi LW - You found my diary for me - I lost it!!! Thank you!

I am doing really well. I lost 5lbs this week to bring me to 14st 8lbs!!!! Yay me. I am settling well back into the diet but I am not so fanatical about it - I am having slices of cooked meat in the evening two or three times a week and it really takes the edge off. Very satisfying while being v low cal low carb and high protein. I was surprised to be down 5lbs to be honest and am now just 4 lbs away from the 100s. That is v motivating. I want to be there by next Monday so......best get walking.

I had a much longer post composed but it got lost in the ether here. I had a lovely easter but had kids underfoot the whole time (one gets up at dawn and another stays up til daybreak - I never get to sleep and they are ALWAYS hungry!"!!). Had to entertain them so we had trips and eating out etc etc. Thank god the schools are back on.

I feel thin now. I know I am not but I have lost that really ugly fat look and I can hide the weight better. I am taking an interest in my hair and make up more and feel pretty good. I am size 18 albeit a bit tight in some brands. I am still wearing the size 20s though cos I will wait an buy in size 16 when I get to about 13 1/2 in a few weeks time. No point throwing money away......

Havent seen any good movies. Havent been anywhere interesting. Havent really been doing anything except hopping on and off the goddam scales. Someone else posted that this diet is never boring - I totally agree with that. I am happy plodding along knowing that I am headed in the right direction, for once!!

Thanks for the truly lovely messages of support and friendship. I return them all. You guys mean so much to me its hard to imagine I havent actually met any of you. (You could be old men with fat girl fetishes.....????!!!)

Belle

You have done so well Belle, and I am really happy that you are starting to feel the benefits mentally as well as physically, that's a big change!!

I remember when I came down from my 24st+ to about 14st and thought, god I'm not the fattest person in the room any more, up until then I don't think I had really noticed somehow. Of course it works both ways as I hadn't realised how big I had got either!!

Been a slow week or so with me, very little happening in the scales department, only 2 weeks tomorrow and then refeed before my anniversary brunch, tried on the dress last night and I need to lose about another 1/2 stone for it to be really comfortable, but it's on and it's wearable, hopefully I'll get the last few lbs gone and then I think I might so some slim and save, but hubs wants to do another challenge and so I'm thinking about low carbing with him since I got the new Atkins book and there's lots of vegetarian options now so it's a possible!!

Anyway, this is turning into my diary!! Have a great TS day my friend xxxxx

Hi Darcy, Great to be back.

Hi LW. YOu have lost an amazing amount of weight. WOW. I wonder how I will feel once the whole eight stone is gone. Its unimaginable. How do you keep going once you lose enough to make you feel thin. How does a person keep going until they are actually thin. Its a mental thing but not something Ive got my head around yet. I did lose a lot of weight before but gave up long before goal which turned out to be my downfall. This time I want to do it properly so I need advice on HOW do you get your head around the perserverence part.

Im a bit worried cos people are saying how tired I look lately - not how thin i look.... I am hoping that passes once I can exercise again properly and get some colour into my cheeks.

Just got "You are not logged in" message from minimins again despite logging in twice already - oh dear. Is anyone else having these log in problems..

Belle

Hmm target weight is a very personal thing, for me I am very happy around the 13 st 4 mark, thats for a couple of reasons, firstly I only managed to get to that weight for my wedding and I really just couldn't get it any lower, secondly I have at least 1 stone of lose skin that needs removing, literally not a bit of me hanging the right way as we say in Glasgow!! I did go see a surgeon here a while back and he said he could remove something like 18lbs or so if I got myself back down to 13.4 and maintained for 6 months and gave up smoking. ( I think he was going on a body fat percentage or something. ) So for me if I could get to 13st just to be on the safe side I'd be delighted, I maintained the 13st 4 for 5 years before I came out here, but I was very very strict with myself Monday to Friday and only relaxed a bit at the weekends but never really went mad. For me getting below the 13st mark doesn't really offer any other benefit at the moment, clothes wise I am limited because of the skin issue so thats not really a motivation either also I just don't want to get to a weight that I can't possibly maintain without being on some sort of diet every other week.

My advice is to keep reviewing your goals and how you feel about yourself, if anything I got more critical of my appearance the slimmer I got as I got into the bracket of being able to compare myself with other women which I never did when I was 24st!! That though did lead to a lot of pressure and perhaps motivation as well!! How to maintain is not an easy question, but I think these diaries will prove very useful in the future if nothing else to remind us of just how tough it was to get the weight off and that in the end making good choice about food, making food about fuel and not a hobby and having some sort of eating plan in place are pretty key. I followed the SW green days mostly during my maintenance, but found it useless for actually losing.

Ok so now I have written a book!! Keep up the very good work my friend xxx

LW, Its NOT a book but very good advice. I am lucky so far not to have developed losekin but im waiting to see what emerges from beneath the fat as I get lower!!! Its the "im feeling good now so Im done" feeling taht I havet o battle!

Just not today. Today Im going to be 100%TS. Good good day.

Belle

I know what you mean Belle, the realisation that your as normal as anyone else can put the brakes on in the old head, perhaps that makes target weights in themselves a bit dangerous, I'll be happy when my black top in the wardrobe that hasn't seen the light of day for 2 or 3 years fits me comfortably, the scales can say what they want then!!

Belle I just burst out laughing at old men with fat girl fetishes! Hahahaha

So glad you're back! I had a terrible weekend. Thought I was gonna see the 15's again. I'm 14.7 and 3/4 this morning! So we are pretty similar! Desperate to get into the 100's.

Can totally relate to losing that 'fat look' I can't believe how good I feel. Seriously. Like a different person.

I bet you look beautiful :) xxx

Aw Gees Slim sarah. Thanks If I crane my neck at a certain angle and purse my lips and lift my eyebrows a smidge well then I look a LITTLE like my old young self!!!!! I am going to race you to the 100s so get ready girl....

Belle

Hi Belle, I have finally caught up with your thread and read it in total ... it hasn't just been plain sailing for you, but fair play, you dusted yourself off and hopped aboard the wagon again, and you are doing really well. I cannot wait until I have matched the weight loss you have achieved. I will be a very happy bunny indeed!

Continued success and thanks again for popping in to my thread.

Don't be a stranger,

Kind regards,

Conor

Glad to hear things are going well. Hope you get rewarded on the scales this week! thanks for all the support you have given me too- meant a lot xx

Back