Gill SW diary -green days

Wednesday

B - bit of lasagne left over and mushy peas cheese on the top of lasagne HEA (strange breakfast I know!)

l - veg with feta HEB, 1/2 protein bar 5 syns

d - butternut squash cottage cheese and bean cake, cheese HEB

snacks - protein shake 3 syns, feta cheese HEA, berries and ff, 1/2 sachet options mixed into natural yog 1 syn, another bite of protein bar 2 syns, total 11

Last edited:
HI Fellow green food diaryist. I am looking at your food diary with interest!

Certainlya lot healthier than mine at the moment. I bought a pasta salad for lunchbut it is one of those with loads of oil andpine nuts iin. I am goig to start again properly tomorrow as I have alreadybought loads of noodles/mixed veg rice and snackpots. In future I will make my own pasta salad so I know what is in there.

Have you had your weigh in yet?
Hi Systema, I completely forgot to weigh myself first thing and by the time I remembered I had already had a few glasses of water and my breakfast. Didn't want to do it then as if I've gained ill be so upset and the food/drink could make a difference.

Now I'm undecided whether to weigh tomorrow or wait until next Thur and see the result after 2 weeks?

Thursday

B - choc scan bran cake with berries and ff HEB plus 2 syns for cocoa

L - Mediterranean roast vegetables sprinkled with Parmesan HEA and feta HEB

D - mini quiches (made with egg, egg white, leeks and onion) cheese HEA and loads of veg

snacks - Protein bar 10 syns

Last edited:
Leave it another week - you are doing ok this week so should have a good one next Thursday then you can decided what you are going to do.

Leave it another week - you are doing ok this week so should have a good one next Thursday then you can decided what you are going to do.

Will do just that :) thank you for your advice. Ill do a brilliant week and hopefully Ill have a good loss next Thur ;)

Friday

B - mini quiche, feta HEA wrapped in lettuce (strange I know but tasty!)

L - salad, feta HEB with cottage cheese and bean cake, Parmesan cheese heb

D -

snacks - made some home made protein bars. Work out at 3 syns each :) eaten 3 of them today though! Oops but still only 9 syns. Also made one with bulgar which only works out at one syn per slice (not syning the bulgar).

Last edited:
Saturday

going out tonight for a meal and the menu is very limited. As a vegetarian I only have 3 options,

Brie, Pea & Mint Quiche (v) £9.79
A wholemeal pastry quiche with a pea & creamy brie filling, topped with sunflower seeds. Served with garlic roasted new potatoes & salad, drizzled with a pesto dressing

Caesar Salad £7.99
Baby gem lettuce, a soft-boiled free-range egg, crispy croutons and Italian-style hard cheese. Drizzled with a Caesar dressing

Mozzarella & Pesto Burger (v) £8.29
A breaded mixed vegetable, mozzarella & pesto burger in a brioche bun with salad leaves, tomatoes and onion rings. Served with sweet potato fries and a sticky barbecue relish.

i am really not sure which is better! No other salads or anything! :(

i am thinking I may get the burger but leave the bread and instead of the onion rings/ fries, just ask for extra salad. Any suggestions much appreciated!

Burger looks the best option doesn't it.
This is the problem veggie eating out - when it was my MIL's birthday the place my brother in law picked had only one option -soup (which I did not like) some kind of strange quiche for mains - cheese board for pud for £25 so we opted out and met them for drinks after. What made it worse was vegan son could not eat anything and they had no alternatives.
(We not really fussed about going with them to be honest and took MIL out on our own another day but it would not have been good if we had really wanted to go).

Enjoy your night.

Thanks Systema. I'm actually better in a cheaper pub type place as they tend to do jacket potatoes or salads so always find something but when it's a restaraunt I really struggle when its limited. I asked for the burger without the bread and salad but the waiter said it would be tiny then (apparently they don't give more salad in place of the chips or onion rings) so instead I asked for the ceaser salad with no croutons. It was rubbish!! Literally 4 lettuce leaves, not even a tbsp of dressing and 3 tiny slices of hard cheese. I actually though it was a side salad when it came! :(

Ate it but was still hungry after. Managed to not order dessert but when we got back home everyone got stuck into crisps and chocolate and I was so hungry! Resisted the choc and crisps (mainly because I wanted something more filling) but did give into 2 pieces of toast with butter on :( food shopping today so we had nothing in at all and I found a bit of bread in the freezer so that was it! Bit disappointed but will get back on track today.

Sunday
B - pear, berries and ff
D - cottage cheese and bean cake made with cauliflour instead of potato to get more super free in. HEA cheese and feta HEB with salad
D- quorn lasagne with no pasta, just cheese HEB
snacks - 3 protein bars syns 9, houmous syn free homemade with carrots.

Hungry day today!! :eek:

Here to subscribe and I will catch up on your diary today!

First bit of advice (and sorry if someone has posted this already) is that you're target date it very soon to lose 1.5st. SW is a slow diet that takes time and you'll often find that you will only lose 0.5lbs-1lb a week. Setting difficult targets will just end up making you feel frustrated and annoyed with the plan but the weight does come off and it's surprising how quickly it adds up. I'd advise that you set youself a more manageable goal, maybe to lose 10lbs by June which would be 1lb a week. The more manageable the goal the more likely you are to stick to plan and the more likely you are to get to target and stay there.

Good luck hun, looking forward to following your weightloss journey!

Last edited:
Here to subscribe and I will catch up on your diary today!

First bit of advice (and sorry if someone has posted this already) is that you're target date it very soon to lose 1.5st. SW is a slow diet that takes time and you'll often find that you will only lose 0.5lbs-1lb a week. Setting difficult targets will just end up making you feel frustrated and annoyed with the plan but the weight does come off and it's surprising how quickly it adds up. I'd advise that you set youself a more manageable goal, maybe to lose 10lbs by June which would be 1lb a week. The more manageable the goal the more likely you are to stick to plan and the more likely you are to get to target and stay there.

Good luck hun, looking forward to following your weightloss journey!

Thanks hun, I just want to get as close as I can to target by then ;) you are right though in that I've never had big losses. In fact last time I tried I only ever gained :( least this time it's going in the right direction though :)

Monday

B - half a protein bar 5 syns, fruit and ff

Snack - SW houmous with carrots

L - veg with cottage cheese and bean cake, cottage cheese, feta heb

D - veg with quorn lasagne with parmesan, HEA

snacks - 2 scan bran, houmous and babybell light HEB, option hot choc x 2 4 syns, other half of protein bar 5 syns

total 15 syns today

Last edited:
Didn't have a great night last night, bad chocolate cravings at about 8pm and I had already used up all my syns :( had another cup of hot choc but it didn't work, so then I had an options mixed with yogurt and a piece of the chocolate bulgar cake I made the other day. Just couldn't seem to stop eating! So had another 5 syns on top of the 15 I had during the day (though it could even be argued I had more as the bulgar should be syned in the cake as I make it like cous cous cake)

went to bed feeling like I've ruined it and with a plan to really cut back on everything today but then woken up hungry this morning. What does everyone else do when they have days like this? I am not sure whether to count calories today and stay low or just get back on plan and have minimal syns until weigh in on Thursday?

i know its not an awful amount of syns over but I'm worried as Saturday night I also veered off plan and I am weighing on Thursday for 2 weeks and really want a loss!! Read about success express but already eat mainly veg anyway so think I automatically do the main principles of it.

think the craving for food must have been boredom not hunger as I ate sooooo much yesterday!

any help or advice very appreciated!

Stick to plan and have fruit and veg handy like carrot sticks and sugarsnap peas. Have a mugshot or low fat supernoodles if your desperate. Cold meats are a good snack - get a pack of chicken tikka pieces. Don't switch to cal counting just stick with it and reach for free and superfree where you can. I'm a big believer that flitting between different diets won't help your weightloss but others may disagree. Good luck xx

And re syns from last night - don't be do hard on yourself it's not a massive amount to go over and you did better than eating a big chocolate bar so give yourself some credit. Just flexi syn it if you need to xx

Thanks hun :) I'm vegetarian so can't do the chicken strips but am at home at the moment (due to broken leg) so fruit and veg is not a problem at all. I will munch on that as much as possible ;)

also going to make a pasta and veg bake today and some other bits so I have plenty of SW stuff ready if I need it. My main problem is making sure I'm truly hungry before i eat, which I'm not all the time :rolleyes:

Tuesday

Made a big batch of tomato soup to keep me full today. Made using passatta, onion, herbs, spices and fromage frais.

B - tomato soup (ate quite late!) with Parmesan HEA, alpro almond milk unsweetened (HEA) will drink the other half of my he allowance this afternoon

L - bit of whole meal pasta, cheese HEB and veg

D - bean cake made with cauliflour, other veg, ff, cheese HEA, kidney beans and egg, had with cottage cheese

snacks -home made protein bar 2.5syns with ff, had another of these later on so 5 syns today

Last edited:
Back