Gill SW diary -green days

I love my weetabix warm so thought I could try the same thing with scan bran, done them in some warm almond milk, sweetener and sliced banana and I just couldn't get it down! think it's because it bulked up so much it was a real struggle! I had to eat half like that and kept the other half for later and poured a yoghurt over it! That was the first day of my scan bran challenge and I was actually worried!ha but dry they are no problem for me!

Didn't have any luck with the Agar Agar - 25 different kinds but all filled with sugar to make a pudding with loads of cals so didn't bother with it. Found an imported one for 50p for one portion so I will wait until we get back and then play about with it.

Wednesday

B- 1/2 scan bran cake with ff and berries, protein shake 5syns

L - other 1/2 of scan bran cake HEB plus 2 syns for cocoa, cheese HEA

D - cottage cheese and bean cake but made it as a bake with no flour and used butternut squash instead of potato with cheese HEB.

Total syns - 7. May have a hot choc later too for 2 syns.

Wednesday

B- 1/2 scan bran cake with ff and berries, protein shake 5syns

L - other 1/2 of scan bran cake HEB plus 2 syns for cocoa, cheese HEA

D - cottage cheese and bean cake but made it as a bake with no flour and used butternut squash instead of potato with cheese HEB.

Total syns - 7. May have a hot choc later too for 2 syns.

Have you had the bean cake yet? Will have to let me know how it tastes? I'm really going to get into my cooking when I get back I have so many recipes I must get round to cooking them! How bad is it that I've asked for a spice rack for my birthday... Is that a sign I'm getting old...?!haha

Had a sneaky bit before ;) I thought it was yummy but I've made the version with potato too incase my husband doesn't agree!

I love cooking and baking so I don't think it's bad you asked for a spice rack, I have one too ;) it's great being able to add loads of different herbs and spices ;)

Ver disheartened this morning :cry: now done for 3 weeks and in total I am down 1 and 1/2 lb at this rate ill be nowhere near target by the time I want to be.

Will keep going but it's hard not to want to give up and try something else. Only have 3 months and want more than anything to feel comfortable and confident again by then. I need to shift this :(

Ver disheartened this morning :cry: now done for 3 weeks and in total I am down 1 and 1/2 lb at this rate ill be nowhere near target by the time I want to be.

Will keep going but it's hard not to want to give up and try something else. Only have 3 months and want more than anything to feel comfortable and confident again by then. I need to shift this :(

Oh dear :confused: I'm so puzzled?! You are doing really well! Do you feel any slimmer like it may be your measurements changing? I stupidly didn't measure myself but know my measurements have defo gone down....

Oh dear :confused: I'm so puzzled?! You are doing really well! Do you feel any slimmer like it may be your measurements changing? I stupidly didn't measure myself but know my measurements have defo gone down....

I did this morning but then I tried on some very tight pants (use to fit me comfortably and aim to get back into them again comfortably) and they were no different so don't think I've changed :(

suppose at least I'm not gaining like last time but I do feel fed up. Think I could have lost the equivalent in a week of just my own 'healthy eating'. I'm wondering if its the reduction in protein that may be effecting it as per SW I had a few shakes a day and although high in syns on this plan there really isn't much in them but protein and they did keep me full. I've now replaced that with other food when I'm hungry and not sure if that had a negative impact.

When I first started SW I almost went back to Calorie Counting as it didn't seem to be working for me then bang I had a big loss and after that I was ok. Know how you feel when you think everything is ok then the weight does not move - hang in there and see what happens this next weigh in.
I thought I had been eating too much lately so decided to add up the calories for the past couple of days and was suprised to find I had eaten about 1300 on both days, thought it would have been more because I eat loads of fruit.
Have a nice week-end - we are away for a couple of days, going to Saigon to meet out Son who is coming out here for a couple of weeks but our food won't change because he is Vegan so it may be a case of eating the same menu as last week.

When I first started SW I almost went back to Calorie Counting as it didn't seem to be working for me then bang I had a big loss and after that I was ok. Know how you feel when you think everything is ok then the weight does not move - hang in there and see what happens this next weigh in.
I thought I had been eating too much lately so decided to add up the calories for the past couple of days and was suprised to find I had eaten about 1300 on both days, thought it would have been more because I eat loads of fruit.
Have a nice week-end - we are away for a couple of days, going to Saigon to meet out Son who is coming out here for a couple of weeks but our food won't change because he is Vegan so it may be a case of eating the same menu as last week.

Thank you for your support Systema :) hopefully I'll have a really big loss next week haha...... Can wish ;)

Have a lovely weekend with your son :)

Thursday

B - carrot scan bran cake with ff and berries (1/2 for breakfast 1/2 for snack) HEB

L - loads of veg, cottage cheese, cheese hea

d - jacket potato with veg and butternut squash, cheese
snacks - 1/2 scoop protein shake 2.5 syns, hot choc 2 syns

Friday

B - ff with 1/2 scoop protein powder 2.5 syns
Snack - veg with butternut squash, cheese HEA
L - veg and cottage cheese
D - new potatoes, salad, cottage cheese, feta cheese HEB x 2

snacks - options hot choc 2 syns, 4 mini eggs 3 syns, handful choc buttons (about half a bag of the small ones out of an Easter egg) not sure on syns but guessing I've had 15 today.

Last edited:
Easter Sunday

the plan is....

B - pancakes made with cottage cheese, egg, almond milk 1/2 HEA

L - veg bake with cheese HEA

D - cauliflour pizza with cottage cheese and feta HEB (or home made lasagne with quorn either one will use HEB choices for cheese)

snack - berries and ff, then a few mini eggs and a mini malteasers bunny (with the aim of not going over 15 syns tho)

Writing both days out now in the hope of sticking to them ;)

easter Monday

Out all day eating with family but able to cook so planning to make;

cheese and onion pie, cottage cheese and bean cake, mushy peas, spinach lasagne all syn free and use my HEs on the cheese in them.

Going to use my syns on mini bunnies and mini eggs again but planning not too many

Well I had a brilliant day today but lost count of syns! Had mainly SW foods with the exception of;

handful of crisps, 3 chocolate crispy cakes, 1/2 an Easter egg and handful of milky bar buttons.

I am stuffed but had a lovely day :) getting back on track tomorrow an hopefully by Thursday I won't have done any damage.....

Tuesday

B - raspberries and ff

L - cauliflour pizza with extra veg, cottage cheese and Parmesan HEA

D - SW lasagne HEB for the cheese with extra veg and bit of cottage cheese extra cheese HEB

syns, hot choc 2, protein shake 4 and mini malteasers bunny 3, total 9

Last edited:
Back