Gill SW diary -green days

Had a few too many syns I think last night as had a few mini eggs, half an Easter egg and a chocolate crispy cake but I didn't have all my syns each day last week so hoping it will be fine. Going to weigh on a Friday to motivate me all weekend (if I lose I tend to not want to ruin it by eating badly so hopefully that will spur me on over the weekends)

Sunday
B - pancakes made with unsweetened almond milk (1/2 HEA), egg, cottage cheese, 1/2 scoop protein powder (2.5syns) and

L - 1/2 protein bar 5 syns, picked at some crispy bits of pasta on a pasta bake I made

D - LM sausages in casserole (passata and veg) with cheese and feta (he's)

Last edited:
Hartleys sugar ones are veggie.

Was wondering about using Agar Agar in sugar free squash - will play around with it when I get back. Bought some from Asda last year but can't find it on their website today.

Ah brilliant thanks Systema,
Please report back if you are successful with the squash :)

Just edited the the first one. Had a look on Hartleys website and it is only the Quick Set Flan sachets which are veggie.

OH has just told me there is loads of Agar Agar in the shops here so going to get some tomorrow so will know sooner rather than later.

Sounds like a plan, have you tried Butternut Squash Chips? They are amazing I'm addicted to them, cut them like chips, no need to peel it, fry light them and sprinkle with paprika and bake for 30-40 mins, I've converted our house on to them....

Oh Gemma, these were lovely!! Never had butternut squash just on its own, only ever eaten it in soup but loved it!!! :)

they didn't go crispy like the potato ones but were still amazing. Do yours go crispy?

(sorry can't do the quotes thing - when I do the reply button disappears. I think my computer is misbehaving)

Systema - Agar Agar will be all over Asia I think. It is certainly sued in China to make some weird jelly concoctions anyway. That quick gel stuff reminds me - I have fond memories of mum making fruit flans with it.:)

I am going to investigate those jellies now. I don;t suppose M&S ready made ones are syn free but if not too many syns I may indulge as they are deffo veggie.

I did indeed, my family also did too. I made some homemade houmous to go with them as well as everything else! There was a lot of food but most SW friendly (apart from the baking/crispy cakes and chocolate)

oooo that sounds gorgeous, how did you make the humous? I'm off to stay the night with my niece and nephew and got their easter eggs to take, thank god they are leaving this house I've had my eye on them all week!!ha

Haha, well done for resisting!

I found a recipe on here and adapted slightly, I used a tin of chickpeas drained, juice of half a lemon, sprinkle of garlic, paprika, tbsp fromage frais, tbsp cottage cheese, salt, a cooked red pepper and then blended all together. Leave out the red pepper if you want plain houmous.

my friend has also done this before but instead of the pepper she used peri peri sauce to make it flavoured and really liked it. Not sure about syns for that though :)

Monday
B - shake made with protein powder 5 syns, almond milk HEA, ff, water

L - sausage veg casserole with cheese HEA

D - cauliflour pizza with cheese and feta HEBs

snacks - 1/2 scan bran cake 3.5 syns, options hot choc 2 syns, total 10.5

Last edited:
Tuesday

B - scan bran cake HEB plus 2 syns for cocoa, with ff and berries (split this in half and have half first thing and half mid morning)

L - 1/2 protein bar 5 syns

D - last of the sausage and veg casserole thing with cheese HEA and feta HEB

snack, options hot choc 2 syns

total 9 syns (or that's the plan anyway)

Really hoping to see a loss on the scales this week (secretly hoping to be down to 11.4 giving me an average loss of 1lb a week since starting) going to weigh Thursday morning to hopefully spur me on to stick to plan over Easter :)

Haha, I hope I don't lose it there! I can't afford to, or bras will be surplus to requirements! :p

Ah good luck! Ill get on first thing to see how you have done :)

just made a gorgeous scan bran cake but rather than my usual chocolate one, I tried carrot! It's lovely!!

Back