Gilly's Food Diaries

always nice when someone visits - thank you for leaving a comment.

Got up today feeling really hungry.

Cooked scrambled eggs and beans and toast for DD.

Cooked kippers and eggs and tomatoes for DH.

???? didn't know what I fancied. So just had an apple and banana (F)

11'zis = had a slice of toast with 1 tsp of lemoncurd - it was delicious = 1 heb and 1 syn.

Have also cooked a bacon and onion quiche (SW style - of course) had this for lunch with loads of salad and dressing @1.5 syns. Absolutely DELICIOUS and a mullerlight (F)

Mix 2 Max day - with the Slimming World Chips and beans which I was going to have at dinner last night and didn't.

2.5 syns for day

Sounds OK - lets see if I do it ! Might be going a bit off track and will have to keep myself inline - get back to proper EE day's, but because I haven't shopped (planning on shopping tomorrow morning as off work) - then I can buy in what I need for plan.

oh poo I ate a bag of snack-a-jacks - 5 syns, OK I had the syns but wanted to keep syns low this weekend - but shouldn't have had them i the house should I.

7.5 syns for the day.

GOTTA UP THE EXERCISE AGAIN - BEEN SLACKING A BIT.

Last edited:
Green.

no breakfast.
2 x alpen bars - microwaved for 20 seconds - natural yoghurt with a tsp of sweetener. HEB

2 bread & laughing cow & cucumber. heb & hea with cups of tea today.

fruit & more fruit & more fruit.

cockles.

snackajacks - gotta try and NOT have these every day ! GILLY don't buy em.

5 syns.

salad & little potatoes with dressing for dinner.

8 syns for the day + cockles = 2 syns = 10 syns for the day.

poo had two more alpen bars - synning at 6 syns - so had 16 syns for day !!! AND I WANTED to keep under 10 - never mind eh - nobody died.

2 x mullerlights.

Extra exercise today one hour on mini trampoline whilst watching biggest loser (planned) - check

GOT TO TRY AND CUT OUT SNACK-A-JACKS - KEEP SYNS TO 10'ISH BUT CUT BACK ON MULLERS TOO next week I'm having a 4lb's loss !.

Last edited:
well done with your 17 pounds loss! I notice you do eat salad quite often - let me try that and see if I'll have a 17 pounds loss :)

I just LOVE salad..................but has to have bacon with it normally or potatoes if I'm on a green day !

weigh in day today ! BBL with results - but don't feel I have lost anything today - hope I have, but lets just wait and weigh.

Wooo hooo another 1.5lb's off and just half a pound off my club 10 - never mind, will get that next week.

Had kentucky fried chicken - didn't actually enjoy it - line under, back on track in the marnin.

Gilly xxxxx

Last edited:
100% week here I come. Going to try really hard to leave off 2 mullers - but at most have just one. More fruit. No snack-a-jacks. Lots of free free foods and keep to red days so I've got two HEB's so I don't get constipated.

Here we go then.

Well done on your loss:).I am also eating more fruit this week,i went to a farm shop at the weekend and they had some really lovely pears and peaches.good luck for the week :).xx

GOTTA GET MY 10% THIS WEEK = 1/2 LB TO LOSE.

WLTG MY 1.5 STONE AWARD = 2.5LB'S TO LOSE.

Red:

Mullerlight - cherry underlay = 2 syns.
Apple. F
2 Hi Fi bars - out really early 2 heb
2 weetabix - 6.5 syns
milk hea
lean bacon and eggs and mushrooms F
cockles F
planning on chicken & veg with gravy - 2 syns.

10.5 syns for day.

failed miserably on a 100% week as we got back from laptop buying - stressed and tired - ate little lemon tart and custard (10 syns?) Hi fi bar again = 6 syns and half alpen bar 3 syns - so that 19 syns on top of 10.5 = 29.5 for day - over by 14.5 - tomorrows syn allowance has GONE !

Last edited:
Green:

1 weetabix with milk ( 1/2 heb & 1/2 hea)

snack-a-jacks - ok I know - they're the last packet - now gone ! = 5 syns

Making sweet potatoe soup? F delicious - must check sweet potatoes are free.

planning soup and 1 slice bread for lunch & mullerlight. 1 heb

2 ryvitas with laughing cow & loads of grapes. other half heb and hea

loads more grapes !

Tea: Piled high salad and dressing - with pasta and onion and sweetcorn. 3 syns.

= 8 syns for day.

Do better tomorrow on syns - get back to EE if possible - gotta shop for food again !

Last edited:
I KNOW I SHOULDN'T but I do - I got on the scales and STILL showing what I was on Tuesday...................

When I do green or mixtures I don't seem to lose any weight.

I have today and Saturday and Sunday and MOnday to hopefully get the 2.5lb's off so I can get my 1.5 stones and my 10% next Tuesday.................

I am starving today.

Red:

Forgot small glass orange juice: 2.5 syns
apple, banana (F)
Planning: Sild on Toast = 2 heb & (F) check sild online. Yes Sild is FREE
Had an omelette with 2 eggs and mullerlight afterwards as was going out and wouldn't be back until 8 pm.

8 pm:
had Bacon (lean) Egg's, Beans & Tomatoes.

Fruit for inbetweenies !!

Synned Beans: 3.5 + orange juice = 6 syns for day. Syns certainly rack up don't they.

Last edited:
Why do I try Green Days? I know that they don't suit me. In the past I havne't lost weight on Green - but I try them because they fill me up more - but they don't do me any good whatsoever - I weighed myself this morning and according to the scales (which are weighing DD & DH acurately) - I have gained 3lb's this week !

Yes I haven't been to the loo properly again this week - but I have done a few green days - and mixed up the mix maybe a bit too much.

So - RED for the weekend and Monday - and HOPE that I get at least a half pound loss on Tuesdays weigh-in for my 10% (Club 10)

Hi Time2bslim

If I mix my green and red up a lot I never lose. I try to stay on each for a week then swap.
I lost 3 stones about 7 years ago and did green most of the time, as like you I feel fuller on green and find it easier for work.
I had to drink tons of water though and be careful how much I ate. My old SW consultant always said green has a slower loss in the beginning but does equal out once your body gets used to it and thats what I found too.
After having 2 kids I'm back on SW having put the 3 stone and another back on!
The final straw was going shopping and not even the 18s fit me any more! Not to mention what I look like!
So I'll be glued to his site to give me the encouragement I really need. I had my first weigh in on Thursday and had lost 5, so that a step in the right direction at least!!

thank you for visiting my diary - I can't PM you but if you come back on here I wish you all the very very best with your journey.

I feel much better today not having a green day. BUT I have yet another ear infection and feeling a bit rough in myself with it.

Today I have had.

1 roll with pork loin and beetroot (heb & F)
Orange juice 2.5 syns.
Banana. F
Mullerlight. 2 syns.
2nd mullerlight - F
Snack: 2 egg omelette with 1 laughing cow cheese - (hea with milk in teas)

Planning on a chicken and bacon salad and dressing = 2 syns.

Total syns for day: 6.5 syns.

Last edited:
I always feel much better about SW on RED days !

Doing another today.

forgot to add = Non scale victory of a pair of size 12 trousers for work - OK they are half elasticated at the back - but size 12 - I actually tried on a size 14 and found they were too big. AND a pair of size 16 rigid straight leg jeans. Whooopppeee doooooooo eh.

Right chuffed.

Back to the plan:

had a weetabix with an orange muller on top - scrumdidlilumptious. (half heb & F)

Had half a w/m bread roll and one egg fried in fry light - small amount of brown sauce (reckon 1 syn) (half heb & F & 1 syn)

2 ryvitas = approx half Heb & two laughing cow extra light = hea with a couple of cups of tea with milk in.

Banana.

Planning homemade Chicken Curry with small amount of rice (F & 3.5 syns) - loads of veggies in the tomatoe/curry sauce and liquidized to make it thicker.

muller with cherry underlay = 2 syns?
6.5 syns for the day.

Hope to have another good day on the plan tomorrow and hope to get that club 10 on Tuesday and hope - 1.5 stone sticker - fingers crossed eh.

Last edited:
really worn out with this ear infection, have a doctors appointment at 5 pm tonight !

Back at work:

Red

2 bread with beef and beetroot (heb x 2)

mullerlight x 2
banana
2 x ryvita (3 syns) - 1 cheese triangles - original = 2.5 syns = 5.5 syns.

milk in tea = hea.

chicken and bacon with pasta & a sauce = 7.5 syns !!!!!

I should have put loads of veg in & or fruit = and cut out a slice of bread and I could have had this as an EE !

13 syns for the day - day before weigh in - NOT good but still not gone over.

Last edited:
Weigh in day and DD came home last night with those giant cookies from coop - white chocolate - I had forgotten about them and went to cupboard to get my dish for my weetabix and milk this morning and saw them - didn't even think as I sunk my teeth into those doughy sweet sickless luscious biscuits - and one whole one went down before I had time to think !

THEN it was rush around all morning - getting all her stuff back from halls - thats another story !!!!!! Drive there and drive back 2 hours and the hour it took us to clear everything out and back into the car -

home - had to get prescription for my ever increasing painful ear - now got my eardrops so hope that the ear will feel a bit better later - fingers crossed. No work today - a day AL - but back at work tomorrow so may have time for a bit of ME time later (my crafting).

AND weigh in at 7 pm. I've just had a luaghing cow sandwich with cucumber - will only have a glass of water this afternoon but DON'T feel I have lost anything this week.

WE are having a night off and going out for a chinese buffet tonight straight from class to cheer me up for such a hectic week.

Not even thinking of how many syns I will be downing - not at all !

fingers crossed for you :)

thank you for visiting my diary - I am so chuffed that I got my Club 10 - only half off - but that club 10 is what I was mainly striving for.

off plan tonight with a chinese though as DH hasn't got home yet and no cooking done and WE FANCY A CHINESE !

very well done!!!! you must be pleased :D now go and enjoy your chinese!!!

I can't wait to get my club 10!! (won't be for a while though...)

Back