Giving it a month's trial - PB's diary thread!

Thank you! Yeah it is blooming easy with it being this blooming tasty. Fruit and veg seriously rock because you can fill right up on them and yet it's still hardly any calories.

I'm not going to be doing weigh ins though or else I will become obsessive about how much I'm losing, and whether I can get away with going over the calorie limit etc! I haven't even taken a start reading. I do have some clothes that are about a size too small at the moment, that I'll try on each week to see how I'm progressing.

hehe yeah! I'm bigger on the bottom half so at the moment I'm around a 12-14 top, 14-16 bottom. If I can drop a size and be 12-14 bottom, 10-12 top I'd be well chuffed.

well im sure you will be able to drop a size like that and enjoy your food. i have been 20 stone and gone all the way down to 9st before mind u 9 stone was too light for my height and size 8s were loose. im happy at 10stone size 10 all over. so its possible and there are loads of amazing success stories out there i love reading them all keeps me motivated.

cant wait to taste this granola lol

Wow - you have lost 11 stone before that is amazing !! How did you do it ???

In terms of clothes my top size has gone down to a 16-18 and my bottoms size is now a 14-16 (I bought several size 14's last week end!) My boobs are still too big as far as I am concerned but they are certainly shrinking..... Much to DH's annoyance !!! When I am smaller all over I shall be able to start running again !!

Wow! yeah 11st loss is amazing, how did you do it before?? And yeah 9st for a 5'9" person seems very light to me.

I went over calorie limit today by about 2-300 cals, Ooops, but I did at least an hour's worth of walking, did my 10,000 steps yay! (I was out for about 2 hours but it was round the supermarket, I walked and took a detour there). I'm still in calorie deficit though (I so nearly gave in to my brain and went on a pig out, in which case I wouldn't be in deficit!) so I'm not going to beat myself up over it, just going to make sure I go back to 1200cals tomorrow!

Well I wasn't very good and didn't stick to the plan AT ALL yesterday.. oops bad me. But then at the same time I did 21,000 steps on my pedometer which was almost 650cals: if I had stuck to the plan it would've left me with less than 600 cals??

Which brings me to a question, I know they say to keep it to light exercise but I like my walking and I would like to do some jogging too. So if we are doing exercise to burn it off, should we be increasing the calories a little or just stick with the 1200? (I don't think I would've had the energy to do 21k steps on just 1200cals??)

Also having another day off packs today, but then I'm also going to go for another long walk/maybe some jogging just shortly. The reason I'm off plan is more because I went to borough market yesterday and bought some fresh pesto, and fresh pumpkin and goats cheese ravioli.. Say no more :D (as I said I'll also be doing lots of exercise so if my calories are higher today I think it'll be ok)...

when i went down to 9stone i did it with slimming world well until i got to 10 stone 7lbs then left there as they wouldnt let me lose the last bit. and then i got pregnant and gained 5 stone boohooo.

i have been to target a few times, last time it was the stress of divorce and depression that kicked my arse back to where it is now.

im in a hurry to get back to target so im sticking 100% once im in that mood i can just do it but it takes a while for me to get in this mood.

i got all my size 10 clothes out loft yesterday, there is so much there i have in my 2 wardrobes 14 and 16 clothes and in my other wardrobe 12 and 10s. cant wait to get the bigger stuff in the loft never to be worn again lol.

Uh oh the scales are going in the wrong direction!
I gave in and weighed myself the other day and this morning, and I've put on about 2-3lb! Gaah. Mind you my scales aren't the most reliable, you can step off & on 3 times in a row and get three different readings, so I don't know whether to believe them. But also I didn't stick to the plan over the weekend as I did 20,000 steps in total each day, which would be the equivalent of burning 1000 to 1400 cals. But I don't understand - if we do want to do more exercise and burn more calories, should we still stick to the 1200 cals?
Well I'm going to get back on to it 100% today, it's all I can do really. The only thing is that I'm going to substitute a snack for a boiled egg, because I find having higher protein snacks not carb snacks keeps me sustained better and thus stops my grazing urge. Calories are the same.
I don't know how I've put that much weight on in such a short space of time! Gaah.

Yay! Finally I feel something has clicked into place and I am in The Zone.. I don't know why but it just didn't happen before, but now I feel it has... Somehow I feel like rather than me just saying "because I'm doing DC it'll automatically mean I'll lose weight therefore I don't have to try", my thinking has changed to "DC is a tool, and it's my choice to use it or to abuse it. If I use it, I'll lose weight. If I abuse it, I won't. The choice lies with me to make the right decisions here in this moment".

I decided that with the granola I was feeling sustained up til about mid morning when I'd start getting the munchies. Over the weekend I had scrambled eggs one morning and felt much more sustained and didn't need to munch mid morning, so this morning I had scrambled eggs and had the same effect. It's cool cos it's the same calories as the granola + low fat vanilla yoghurt, but I feel much better.

And yay me! I went jogging this morning, I was out for about 30mins (well almost an hour but then that was about 30mins walking as well): I was doing 2mins jogging one minute walking, which I felt really good doing! I felt like I could do it and keep going for ages doing it, I wasn't going to run out of energy, and it was fine!

Feeling pretty chuffed. It's clicked into place somehow, that NOW is the time I have to make the right decisions for a slimmer body. Not tomorrow, and cheat a bit today. NOW. And I know it's not going to be a quick fix, it'll be slow - 1-2lb a week, but that's kinda alright with me!

:D yay endorphins! wooooooo!

...I need a shower..

lol Calm down dear, it's just a diet :p

Sorry couldn't resist.

Wow, you are so buzzing - go you :D I love that feeling - like ruling the world.

Slow is good - life has to be lived right!

Enjoy your day :D

I think thats where I am at the moment - I am very clear that this is for me, that it is an expensive way of dieting and as I don't like wasting money it gives me more will power PLUS I love the food and the very healthy choices that I am focussed on making.... I won't talk about the (small relapse today !!..................)chocolate..........

lol Calm down dear, it's just a diet :p

Hahahaha!!

Yeah I'm still doing well (in the zone 2 days running, amazing!).

Someone told me what the ratio should be with diet and exercise, to lose weight: if you're aiming for 2lb a week loss then that's a 7000cal deficit over the week (3500cals in a lb), which is 1000cals a day deficit. So you should do 500cals by exercise, 500cals by diet.
So on days I do more exercise I'm having 1500 cals, on days when I don't I'll stick to the 1200. It feels much better that way.

In the zone! :D

Lovin that Zone! Still here, 3 days later!! I found an excellent website that works out your exact calorie requirements per day to lose weight without putting your body into starvation mode (you can specify how much per week) based on age, height, weight, and activity levels. You also input exactly what you eat each day, and how much you've exercised and it tells you precisely how much you're eaten and precisely how many cals you have left. It's brilliant, I want to tell everyone about it! Weight Loss Resources

I'm loving it because it lets me have 1700cals a day minimum, to lose 2lb a week. Woo, I like that! Then whatever you exercise you also input that and it works out how many more calories you need each day. So, yesterday I exercised 500cals and so I was supposed to have 2200cals. (although I couldn't quite manage that many). It does everything, it's amazing! :D

Anyway. Still loving this diet but mostly loving how I'm feeling. Still in the Zone.

Oh and I jumped on the scales this morning and I'm back to losing weight: 14st 8lb, that's down 5lb from the weekend! BUT my scales are really unreliable as a guide because they never give you the same reading twice. Those were the average readings it gave though.

You think they UNDERestimate it?? Wow. Yesterday & today I couldn't even manage the amount of calories it told me I should eat.
My bmr is 1700cals, but that's if you do absolutely nothing but lie still in bed all day. So you actually burn more than that..
On WLR it says to lose 2lb a week I need to eat 1700cals + whatever I exercise off.
Surely that's overestimating it?

I like Sparkpeople - it's free which is nice :)

Used to be on WLR for a time but then I've probably tried them all hehe!

Great to see you doing so well :D Here's hoping your scales are right. Do you use them for your WI weight?

:) well I've lost 2lb which means around half stone down I think. Although at the moment I'm doing it by calorie counting cos I am away and packs were too heavy to carry. But that 2lb is since I've been away (1 week) so I'm pleased with that. I'm trying to stick to foods similar to on DC, like muesli for brekkers, homemade veg soup for lunch, whatever for dinner but in moderated portions.

decided if I want to lose this stone I'm not going to do it by farting around eating the wrong foods. Been exercising most days. And although chocolate seems to have a magnetic pull to me at the mo, I am resisting it alright (apart from a couple of squares in the evening which is nowhere near a pig out on chocolate like I could do!).

Anyway onwards and downwards

I'm baaaack! Back into DC I think.. Well sort of just calorie counting but I have all the DC stuff to use up (too expensive for me to be on long term I think).

Anyway I am well and truly back on track, I think I lost at my parents although not sure, may have maintained.. Feeling great, decided that because half my problem has been going below 14st (mental block, never been below 14st) I'm not going to weigh myself for a good while (please slap me if I try) and see if I can get a chunk of weight off without freaking out! I'm about 14st7 at the moment (give or take), so if I could lose a stone without freaking out it'd be great. Might even just ban myself from the scales for a month and see where we go! So
I'm letting my lil OCD side come out and rule the roost for a while, you might say it's the 'thin person' on the inside. It's working so far I just need to make sure I stay focused on what I'm eating not what I'm weighing. By eating the right things, the scales will sort themselves out.
Great to see the board looking so busy!

Back