Giving it another go

Susie58

Gold Member
So after a 2 year hiatus I'm going to try to get to my weightloss goal for the last time. I started a week ago and have found most of packs pretty nice but my favourites are the bars. I have one a day as a reward for sticking to plan. I'm adding 200g of vegetables & allowing 150mls of skimmed milk to add to coffee. 1st weigh in this morning shows a 7.5lb loss. Fingers crossed for week 2.

Updated my signature. Took ages to find out how because it's been quite a while since my last time on here. Keeping things simple this time with not so many goals to achieve. Choc porridge for breakfast & 1.5L water so far

Day 8

Managed to stick to 4 packs yesterday plus some broccoli. Drank 3.2L water.
I tried the chicken soup for the 1st time & found it a bit to creamy so watered it down a bit more & added the broccoli to it. Tasted a bit better but don't think I will order more of those.
Woke up with a bit of a headache today & feel quite cold. Maybe it's the ketosis.
I think I will wait until next week before starting some exercise & I'm full swing into the plan.

End of day 8 & diet went well. Not felt hungry at all today so that's a good sign. Still got the headache though so will have an early night.

Day 9

Headache has gone & feeling very positive today. Berry porridge for breakfast & 1.3L down so far.
I'm waiting for my mini rechargeable blender to arrive because I can't get the lumps out of the shakes no matter what I use & it's kind of spoiling them.
The key lime flavour is pretty good though so I will persist with them.

I have some Exante pots left over from a previous order & tried the Dahl one yesterday. Yuk, had to really force myself to finish it so won't be having anymore of those.

Day 10

Had a bit of a wobble yesterday when the smell of bacon filled the kitchen ha ha. I resisted though & stuck to the 4 packs. I'm really enjoying all of the bars so far, it's a shame you can only have one a day they are replacing my addiction to chocolate quite well. I need to start making some goals but I wan't to keep things as simple as possible this time around. Reading my old diary wore me out so I will probably just stick to a few milestones this time.

Well done for resisting!

Well done for resisting!
Hi, Thanks. I seem to be missing the carbs for some reason despite sticking to plan which is frustrating. Going to stick at it though & console myself with a mug of Bovril :)

Day 11

Still keep getting the urge to eat carbs despite sticking to plan & having the maximum amount of water advised. Oh well, will just have to keep at it & hope it passes. I had a mixture of Slim & Save & Exante yesterday but it makes it a bit more complicated working out the right amount of carbs. I don't want to waste any of the packs & the Exante ones are coming up to their best before date so need to be eaten now really so some days I have 3 packs & some days 4 depending on the combination.
I was hoping the mini whisk would have arrived yesterday but was delayed so had lumpy choc milkshake yesterday. Any type of choc will do though :D . My leggings are feeling looser today though so something is happening.

Day 12

Good day yesterday after all. Carb craving disappeared & still staying away today.
I was a little short on the water intake yesterday for some reason but stuck to the 3 packs, veg & milk allowance. I've run out of green veg today though so will have the chilli Con Carne pack & add mushrooms instead.
The mini whisk has arrives so will try it out on the choc milkshake latter.
My new friend is a daily mug of Beef Bovril. I love the chicken Bovril but it seems to have disappeared from the shops.

Day 13

Had a bit of a wobble yesterday & ate a couple of slices of ham. That made me crave some toast. One thing always leads to another, you'd think I'd know that by now. Anyway I went to bed instead as it's always late at night that I get the urge to go off plan :rolleyes:. It shouldn't make any difference to the weight loss as I was still within the calorie/carb allowance but I must resist the urge to pick. Thank goodness there was no chocolate in the house!

So new resolve today to stay on track. Banoffee porridge for breakfast & 1.3L water down so far.

Hey, you’re doing really well 😀 some days I have 2 bars and doesn’t seem to impact my losses. I’ve got some bars I’m not keen on if you fancy exchanging some packs? Good luck for next weigh in x x
Hi, thanks. All is going to plan. Good to know about the bars. Thanks for the offer but I've already bought a box of 50 bars ha ha. Must say the Lemon is becoming my favourite.

Day 17

All going to plan so far apart from adding a little more milk than I'm actually allowed. I do love a cup of coffee now & then but I like it quite milky. I'll see what the scales say on Monday then adjust if need be.

I've bought some leeks this week to add to the packs as getting fed up with broccoli or cauliflower. I think it's probably best to mix it up a bit on the veg front as the packs can be a bit boring. I'm finding it hard to fit 4 packs in to the day as I usually only eat twice a day when eating normally. Water intake is easy now, in fact I'm having to stop myself as could easily drink another litre but that's not a good idea.

Todays packs:

Banoffee Porridge
Key Lime Shake
Bombay Potato pack
Lemon bar
3.2L water including decaffeinated Coffee & 1 mug of Bovril
200-250mls Skimmed milk

Day 25

Had a few days off plan but back on track from today. I was expecting a gain but happy to say the scales showed a 3.5lb loss.

Just tried the curry noodle soup. Very nice, much better than the chicken flavour.

Had a decent walk with the dog but was freezing by the time we got back. I think I'll start with some exercise from Monday. Maybe the cross trainer & see how I get on.

Last edited:
Congratulations on the loss and getting back on track, too!

Day 26

All going well today. Had a slight headache yesterday while getting back on track. Today feeling fine.

Had another long dog walk today (forgot my fitbit again). Almost perfect weather for increasing the pace a bit. Crossed the path of quite a few defensive geese, maybe they have nests to protect.

Just eating my 2nd pack of the day & I'm struggling to finish it. I've bulked it out with 110g of mushrooms so it makes a good bowlful to get down.

I'm only having 3 packs today as I'm mixing Exante with S&S. ( still have quite a few older Exante packs to use up). I will make up the difference in carbs & calories with a boiled egg I think.

Day 29

Still on track. Feeling pretty good overall but I have noticed the long walks are making me feel hungry. Maybe I need to drink more water while walking but then I'm worried about needing the loo :D.

I used to walk at least 20,000 steps a day at work so I need to gradually get back up to that level. I have no idea how many I'm walking over the country park because I keep forgetting the Fitbit. It's nowhere near what I used to do though.

I think that mixing the Exante packs & S&S packs are resulting in a mineral & vitamin short fall as the packs have different nutrient levels so I'm going to stick with the 4 packs of S&S a day.

Todays menu:

Porridge (I actually prefer this to real porridge)
Curry noodle soup (Best of the soups by far)
Sweet & sour noodles with 50g Sweet Corn
Crispy Caramel bar (I love all of the bars so no problem there.
1 mug Bovril
100mls semi skimmed milk in coffee.
3.2L water (Including the water needed for the packs)

For a treat, instead of having Chocolate I'm having Gherkins lol.

The Cheesy Pasta & Ham & Mushroom Pasta packs actually made me feel quite nauseous & I had to wash them down with water after every mouthful. (I'm not making this sound very nice am I, but its only the occasional packs that I dislike)

I've ordered some sample packs of the shakes, pancake mix & brownie mix. I'm not normally a shake person but they are hitting the spot this time & with summer on the horizon I think they will be a good alternative to the soups.

I was sitting here last night thinking that this time last year I was planning to get back on a VLCD. With the start of lockdown & lack of opportunity to go to the shop anytime I wanted, I figured it would be the ideal time to tackle my Chocolate addiction. Well what a waste of a year that was. I could kick myself yet again for delaying till tomorrow, next week, Monday or whenever. Oh well with a hiking break & summer on the way I'm determined to do it properly this time.

On a high note, my feet are getting smaller, just need the rest of me to follow :classic_smile:

I was often hopping behind hedges when I did a vlcd!

Back