Giving it another go

Day 33

Just 1lb loss this week. Slightly disappointed but I think some of that is due to fluid retention as my muscles are sore after upping my exercise routine. I also had 2 bars instead of one on a couple of days so maybe that has impacted the losses too. I particularly enjoy the choc caramel bar so will have to be careful & not over indulge in that one.

3.5lb away from moving down into the next stone bracket so that will be my goal for the week.

That makes sense - and muscles are more dense too. Over 5% lost! Bravo!

If you are exercising you get micro tearing and this induces fluid retention . Also exercising releases cortisol and that also causes a bit of fluid retention. Also muscles weigh more as Aligal said. I hope this helps.

That makes sense - and muscles are more dense too. Over 5% lost! Bravo!

If you are exercising you get micro tearing and this induces fluid retention . Also exercising releases cortisol and that also causes a bit of fluid retention. Also muscles weigh more as Aligal said. I hope this helps.

Yes it's definitely the exercise. I'm going to tide back on them a bit because I'm feeling really tired afterwards so will stick to light exercise until I can increase the calorie intake.

I didn't notice the 5% loss Ali. 5% more & the health benefits kick it.

Day 35

Feeling very tired today & also quite hungry so I'm slowing down on the exercise front for a bit. I'll maintain the walking at the current level but will reduce the amount of time on the bike & cross trainer. 650 calories a day doesn't give much reserve to play around with at the end of the day.

I'm going to give the pancakes a try today. Not usually a pancake person but I need a bit more variety in my food.

It is finding that fine balance of burning enough calories to lose weight but not so much that we are like a wet weekend with no energy takes some finessing.

Pancake sound good. I am guilty of using the same recipes over and over. I should try and be a bit more adventurous.

Congratulations on 5% lost now , I am sure you will start to see benefits. I found knees didn't ache so much. Clothes felt that little bit looser. The non scale victories are just as important I think in keeping us motivated and on the straight and narrow

It is finding that fine balance of burning enough calories to lose weight but not so much that we are like a wet weekend with no energy takes some finessing.

Pancake sound good. I am guilty of using the same recipes over and over. I should try and be a bit more adventurous.

Congratulations on 5% lost now , I am sure you will start to see benefits. I found knees didn't ache so much. Clothes felt that little bit looser. The non scale victories are just as important I think in keeping us motivated and on the straight and narrow
Thanks Purpleorc. Pancakes were horrid so won't be getting them anymore. Lemon Milkshake were lush so will be getting more of those.

Yes. Problem with the exercise is that it's so tempting to try for more once you start. I've been pretty good though & stuck to just walking this week.

Day 38

Still on track with the packs however, I have now got a taste for pickled cucumber. Much better than eating chocolate though & pretty sure overdoing it on the cucumber front won't affect the losses. Will make sure I don't eat more than the 200g veg allowance.

Just back from a nice long walk with the dog & ready for some beef curry noodle soup. I've drunk 3L of water already so need to spread that intake out a bit better. The more I drink the more I want & could easily drink 5L but not a good idea on the medical front.

Thanks Purpleorc. Pancakes were horrid so won't be getting them anymore. Lemon Milkshake were lush so will be getting more of those.

Yes. Problem with the exercise is that it's so tempting to try for more once you start. I've been pretty good though & stuck to just walking this week.
My last foray into pancake making sw style was a complete disaster. Will give them one more go in case I made an error in the recipe.

I upped my exercise as per physio instruction this week. Was a disaster I could barely walk. It had effected my MS. I want to up my exercise but my body has other ideas lol today was my first day of doing my exercises after a couple of days off. So fingers crossed I am ok. Did physio exercises and 10 minutes on vibration plate

My last foray into pancake making sw style was a complete disaster. Will give them one more go in case I made an error in the recipe.

I upped my exercise as per physio instruction this week. Was a disaster I could barely walk. It had effected my MS. I want to up my exercise but my body has other ideas lol today was my first day of doing my exercises after a couple of days off. So fingers crossed I am ok. Did physio exercises and 10 minutes on vibration plate
Oh dear. That's not good. Hopefully tomorrow your body will be a bit more forgiving. Well done though.

I tried 2 methods with the pancakes. Hob & microwave. One was a sloppy mess & the other was too dry & was hard to scrape of the plate :D I was hoping I'd like the taste of the pancakes in the same manner that I like the porridge ( much prefer pack porridge real porridge.) Oh well. There are some interesting flavoured shake to try out including carrot cake. Something to look forward to hopefully lol.

Oh dear. That's not good. Hopefully tomorrow your body will be a bit more forgiving. Well done though.

I tried 2 methods with the pancakes. Hob & microwave. One was a sloppy mess & the other was too dry & was hard to scrape of the plate :D I was hoping I'd like the taste of the pancakes in the same manner that I like the porridge ( much prefer pack porridge real porridge.) Oh well. There are some interesting flavoured shake to try out including carrot cake. Something to look forward to hopefully lol.
I like porridge especially during winter. I prefer overnight oats in summer with fruit raspberries for example. I have even made baked oats . One of my recipes uses carrots. Then I use cinnamon and ginger to jazz it up. I serve with plain or vanilla yogurt. It keeps me full for hours

Your shake sound yummy as rather fond of carrot cake .

Day 40

3.2lb loss as of yesterday. Just short of getting into the next stone bracket so a bit miffed about that. Good thing is I've gone over the 1 stone loss so that's a good thing.

NSV: I can feel my clothes are getting looser still & I've noticed I'm going up the stairs a bit faster.

Today I have eaten a Peanut biscuit! :confused:

Great weight loss. I hate it when you just fall short of your goal . But it is nice you have NSV of looser clothes and going up the stairs faster are great great achievements as well.

I am sure one peanut biscuit wont derail your efforts. We all get hiccups along the road or we could have made better choices

Day 40

3.2lb loss as of yesterday. Just short of getting into the next stone bracket so a bit miffed about that. Good thing is I've gone over the 1 stone loss so that's a good thing.

NSV: I can feel my clothes are getting looser still & I've noticed I'm going up the stairs a bit faster.

Excellent - but feel yr annoyance re that pesky .3lb that would have seen you into the 14s! Congratulations.

Back