Extra Easy Giving it my best shot!

Aarrgghhhh! Still no weight loss this morning! I'm getting really sick of this. Why is it not dropping off me? I'm running 5k three times a week and sticking to plan!

Pleeeeeease make the scales show a loss tomorrow! Over a week of staying the same even though I'm doing more exercise than I've done in my entire life! Getting really disheartened.

Another 5k run smashed! Three new records; fastest miles, fastest 5k and longest run. Not bad considering I thought I was going to die after running for thirty seconds three weeks ago.
Hopefully I'll see a decent weight loss next week.

Feeling rough today. Full of cold and exhausted because cleaning the house and cooking ready for family coming over tomorrow for son's birthday party.
Not stuck to plan today but don't have much of an appetite anyway.
Hope I'm feeling well enough for tomorrow's 5k.

Hello Di,
All I eat as an extra is a small slic of whole meal toast with honey on it about half an hour before I go out for a run, everything else is on plan and within allowances.
People have said I look like I've lost weight and I think my face does look a bit slimmer but the scales are staying put.
I'm determined to keep up with the running as I've got fitter so quickly, I feel better, more flexible, less breathless etc. Each time I go out, I get faster and it feels easier. I wouldn't say I 'enjoy' it, but I am enjoying the fact that I'm getting fitter and stronger.

It took 50 minutes last time. I run for 4 minutes and walk for 30 seconds as I'm not quite up to running constantly. I'm getting quicker every time though, I shaved 6 minutes off on Friday from Wednesday's time.
I treated myself to a pair of 'On Cloud' trainers. They were very expensive but are supposed to be very good for Achilles tendinitis problems.
Still doing SW in theory, although not bothering to do HEx A& B, just as sting very healthily. Probably why the weight isn't dropping off me!
I've also noticed how quiet it is on here. Used to be so busy.

I started by running for a minute and walking for a minute. Did that for 25 minutes and that was all I could manage. Went out every other day and each time, either added thirty Seconda onto run time or decrease walk time by thirty seconds. Also increased length of time I stayed out for and distances I was covering. I have a Garmin forerunner 10 I use to measure and keep track of times etc.

First 25mins completed :whacky068: whoo , just need to keep at it. Was also thinking of buying a spin bike?
Well done, that's fab! Keep at it. I went out to do my 5k tonight but could only manage half of it, really tired and lacking energy, also, my Achilles' tendon is really hurting. Half an hour is better than nothing though I suppose.

I normally take a size 7 but had to go to an 8 in trainers as I always find them tight and then your feet go numb as you run!
Yes, my knees hurt a bit as I run. I find if I shorten my stride, it creates less impact, longer strides means more shock to my knees. Don't know if it's particularly scientific but I definitely take more of a pounding if I take big strides.
The first 20 minutes are the worst, I'm hobbling to be honest but then everything loosens up and I don't feel the pain after that and can keep going and even speed up/take bigger strides.
I have about six/seven stone to lose and have read that when you run, your joints have a three times your weight load on them. Oh dear!

Oh gosh, three times the load, thats me in trouble. I need to ideally lose 4st to get to a normal bmi, but two stone will do to start.
Never thought of taking shorter strides, will try that.
I think I'll definately go and get my feet measured, theres a shop near me that videos your feet when running to make sure you get the right running shoe, I'm spending over £100 so need to make sure i get it right. Will book off next Friday and go down and sort it, also pick up an activity tracking watch while I'm out.
Wish I'd been able to do that video thing but nowhere near me does it.
Good luck with your equipment hunt.

Has your garmin got a chest strap and does it stay in place?
No, it's just one you wear on your wrist. I've had it a few years but it's the entry level Garmin. It's only got basic functions but it does all I need it to. Plus it's pink! Ha ha.
The new version might well have more gadgets and gizmos on it though.
Mine's the Forerunner 10.

It's time of the month coming up I think, that always makes me eat anything I can get my hands on.
Hope the Cornetto was good! Sorry to hear your day was hectic.
Back on it tomorrow I guess...

Hi pootle!! Good for you re running etc
Don't forget you're probably gaining muscle which weighs more than fat, and scales don't account for that.

I obviously weigh in every week but I also know by how my clothes fit and size that my weight is changing

I want to start swimming again!!

Oops ok, sorry!! Another myth debunked!! Easy tiger I was just suggesting something I'd also read, no need to jump down my throat

Last edited:
Back