Gizmo's diary

I did go to the gym, stopped coz of money issues and other things. will start again when i can afford to, but right now i cant really justify the cost. I know it costs to do weightwatchers. but right now I seem to mostly eat junk food. eek, didn't mean to get into that habit and seem to lower the amount of calories i eat by just not eating much else. Now that i've realised im doing this i need to try something differently, coz i can see this getting worse if i dont do anything. Been feeling really down and stressed alot for a while and its probably my diet thats doing it.

Yeah the gym’s so expensive, well at least that’s the excuse I’m sticking to - I really have no others as my nearest one is all of 5 minute’s walk from where I work.

The last year of eating ‘what I like’ I ate an ungodly amount of junk food, when you have the money I found its just a great luxury to be able to do and that made me enjoy I even more, let alone the taste and the ease of it all. Do you find its mostly the convenience you like or just the taste? I have the time to make proper food a lot of the time but still found myself eating a ton of the stuff.

Sorry to hear you’ve been down and stressed, hope you feel better soon, you’ve also lost a load of weight already so there’s a lot to be positive about.

Just realized I’ve kind of hijacked your diary section without meaning to, sorry about that!

Heya hun!
How's it going?
Dont worry about the junk food thing, just put it behind you and get back on track. That's what I'm having to do atm, I've had a few weeks of just eating crap and sitting on my arse, so I'm having a super healthy week to get myself back in the swing of things.
Hope that everything looks up, you're doing freaking amazingly though babes, you've already lost loads, you can do it!!

Thanks :) Been so stressful all this week, including today so not had a great day foodwise lol fresh start tomorrow though. Going to try to continue on my own, since I know I can do it. Just need some decent sleep and try to change my way of thinking so that I don't become too stressed. I worry about things too much. Need to relax more and not plan things too much and stop worrying about the past. It's happened so just gotta deal with it and get on with life :D

Alot of the time before i used to just eat stuff that was easy too make, which usually was junk type food. doesn't help when i work until 7 4 nights a week. and 3 of those days i start at 9, so loooong days. Doesn't help with exercising either, which is why i don't bother. Need to start excercising on the weekends though! Will help my mood, just atm im feeling too tired all the time.

From tomorrow i will start again, try to eat healthily and exercise. Hoping this will make me feel alot better :) I wont give up!

Hope everything goes as well as planned babe, I'm sre that it will.
When I'm having busy weeks I try and cook some meals like cottage pie or pasta bake or something, which you can freeze and just pop them in the microwave when you get home. Normally I chuck some brocolli to boil to go with it coz it only takes a couple of mins to cook. Makes it much easier to know that youve got a filling healthy meal ready at home.

Best wishes :)

Work's so annoying sometimes, especially if it's not too active, and those kind of hours sound knackering - can definitely relate to being too tired to exercise.

Best of luck with your fresh start tomorrow, hope all goes to plan. :)

i feel your pain with work, i tend to go to the gym saturdays and sundays and then swimming so i do about 6 hours of exercise at the weekend to make up for the lack of it during the week!

hmmm, so far hasn't been too great. had a takeaway last night, but meh, i tried to sort my calories out for the rest of the day. This week at work has been a bit depressing so far. Part of the job though I guess (I work in a vets).

Will start trying to exercise at the weekend, unwilling to do it on 10 hour days! lol In good news, things finally seem to be looking up :) Spent all of monday sorting out going to Newcastle in November to see 30 Seconds To Mars :D Mmmm, Jared Leto.... lol

Urgh, need a rant! Sorry for this :p

Feel like im really stuck in a rut in the mo. Like I have no life and nothings going right alot of the time. Alot of it is to do with my job. I work in a vets, i love working with animals but im not sure vet nursing is for me. Been through this before and convinced myself it was the best thing for me, but now thats changing again and deep down I know I need a different career, with animals or maybe even something different. I feel useless. I work 40 hours a week for just over min wage. plus im on call 3 nights a week, and random holidays like new years eve -__- 3 days a week i work 10 hour days, and i work this fridays and i work sat mornings aswell, so cant do anything fri nights coz i finish too late, and have to get up early. It takes up alot of my time so takes over alot of my life. plus i work for my uncle and its just me and him. i feel as though he takes his stress out on me. I've ended up randomly crying at work a number of times. I feel like i can't live like this for much longer :( think im going to give it until new year and save up some moneys and have a big change then, career wise and other things. I hate life sometimes!!!

Lol sorry, really needed to just rant!

Right, had kind of a breakdown lately, which is part of the reason I havent posted alot. Depression sucks, not been to the doctor but I really don't want to go on antidepressants. I'm going to try to exercise more, eat better and not worry! Things seem to be getting better, slowly. I've finally got a new laptop. and also a iphone, which i love because it helps to organise my life a bit better. myfitnesspal app helps alot. Before i would keep munching away on things thinking the calorie amount wouldn't matter. but everything builds up, now i can keep track of things =) I also love the yoga app.

I've finally got to 40lbs lost :) not really lost much lately, its either been lose it, then gain it back etc. Got this week off so going to try to do more, if the weather is nice.

I'm not going to give up, things will go right eventually so i'll try to not worry and panic about everything lol:)

Think i've hit a plateau -___- Blah! Oh well, just gotta change what i'm doing. Thinking of signing up for a charity challenge which will give me some motivation to get fit =) I'd love to do some travelling so think of trekking to Machu Picchu in Peru. Going to be difficult but will feel great at the end =) Can't afford to sign up yet, but doesn't mean I can't start training lol eek!

Finally I have lost 3 stone! Yay, after being 2lbs off it the last 3 weeks i was starting to think it would never happen. I'm actually shocked i've lost anything after eating lots of chocolate and snacky stuff this week, plus totm. I seriously thought I would gain. Oh well, shows I don't need to worry about calories so much, I must be doing something right lol.

Still keeping trekking to Machu Picchu as a goal even though it may be a LONG time before I actually go. Got things I need to sort out before I can do that. Plus after watching the celeb charity trek on ITV, I realised just how much work goes into it and I just think it would add too much stress onto my life atm. I will go though! Will be nice to raise alot of money for charity and also prove that I can do something like that.

I feel so much different already compared to what I felt like before I started losing weight. I really hated my body before, still do lol but now I realise theres no point worrying about it coz I can do something about it. No point absolutely hating it coz its the only body i've got, and I'm not getting surgery to change it! lol I'm not confident enough to wear dresses and things yet. tried some widefit boots on in new look last week, and they wouldn't fit. Just got to wait because they will fit by this time next year! =) Now fit into size 16 jeans when I was a size 20 when I started. Just gotta give it time, nothing happens overnight. I'm not going to stress about losing weight, because aslong as I try to do something about it, then it will happen eventually.

Congratulations and well done _Gizmo_ on losing 3 stone and getting into a size 16:happy096:

nothing happens overnight

As you say 'nothing happens overnight' and you do have to give your body time to adjust to the new weight and in time it will tone up.

The main thing for now is to hold onto your achievements and enjoy being a size 16 as the choice in fashionable clothes is much better at size 16 than at size 20.:party0011::party0011::party0011:

The clothes in a size 16 are much better than clothes in a size 20, however I need save my money a bit so can't do too much shopping for stuff I don't need. I bought a nice coat the other week, because I can't spend the winter in baggy hoodies, well outdoors anyway lol :) It's a great feeling fitting into smaller clothes!

Have completely stopped counting calories since I don't feel theres much point. Lifes too short to worry about some calories! lol I think next month i'm going to start doing my shopping online. If I don't buy something, I can't eat it. And i'm bad at buying junk when I go to buy something I need. Went to get petrol today and ended up with pepsi max and minstrels aswell! lol the amount of money I spend on random junk food could easily go towards some nice clothes...

Yay, well done hitting that 3 stone mark! I've just realised me and you have the same start weight to the pound lol and exactly the same goal weight too! Strange! Lol. Seriously well done on the fab loss, I would love to be down to 13 stone 7, one day :) . Keep up the good work!

Haven't been on here in a long time. Tbh I ended up slipping and having a few binges... This year hasn't been the best but at least I'm around 3 stones lighter than I was a year ago :) I'm hoping 2011 will be much better.

On Tuesday I'll be applying to go trekking through Borneo and then volunteering with Orangutans, monitoring their behaviour and things like that :) I will be raising money for The Blue Cross. Will be nice to raise money for animals that need new homes and veterinary treatment. Animals have had such a big part in my life, so want to help them out as much as I can. I'm definatley nervous about the whole thing and in my mind I don't think I can do it. Trekking for 6 hours through the Jungle... LOL that will be fun... The fundraising is quite daunting but I'll never know if I can do it unless I try. Its going to be fun and I have a few ideas for it.

So this year will definately be different, and I deffo need something big to help me lose the weight lol :)

Eeek, have now sent off my application for the Borneo Challenge :eek: This is going to be difficult, but i'm hoping it's what I need to make me lose the weight lol, a bit extreme but hey! I need something to motivate me lol :) Hopefully i'll get a place and can start my fundraising soon!

Just joined weightwatchers, since I need some help with the eating side of things. And just had a lecture from my bro about money and about the fact that it won't work for me so I shouldn't bother with it. -__- I ended up slipping majorly doing it on my own and putting weight back on. I'm now 13st 11lbs. Haven't changed it on here, will wait until my weigh in on sunday to change.

Going to spend the next few days figuring out the propoints system on WW, then doing a big decent shop on saturday with healthy food!! lol :)

Well, after going up to 13st 11lbs last week after xmas (didn't bother weighing myself for a few weeks..), I am now back down to 13st 7lbs. I like weightwatchers :)

Going to start trying to exercise more tomorrow, really need to get fit enough for the trek and also to I want to lose most of the weight for a big fundraiser that i'm possibly going to arrange at the start of june, which will also be my birthday party aswell lol. Spent most of the last week looking into fundraising ideas, got a few that i'd like to do just got to look into it all more. Thinking a fun dog show, a big disco type event and a skydive (that one is a deffo maybe, not sure if i can actually get over my fear of heights O.O). I'm planning on a few smaller ideas aswell. I'm hoping to donate a £ for every lb i've lost, starting from my start weight, which so far stands at around £42? can't actually remember the exact total. May also plan a sponsored walk/run. Got until end of july to get the minimum sponsorship, eek!!! Can't believe i'm doing all this O.O lol

Back