Gizmo's diary

:eek: Really can't believe i'm actually going to be doing the trek. Think on monday I will be starting a training program, after actually working one out over the weekend. Got less than 10 months to get ready for it :eek: Can I actually do this??? If I actually try, then yes! lol Just gotta get past that little thought in my head that says i'm just going to fail :) Excited but also a bit scared. Mainly about the size of the spiders out there!! >_< lol Plus everything I read just keeps going on about leeches!

Just joined the gym! :D I went to one a year ago, but quit. I actually missed it! :eek: So now that I NEED to get fit, I decided to join the one literally 2 mins walk away from my work, and it's not far from my house either. The one I went to before was a bit cheaper, but with the time to drive there, getting stuck in traffic and petrol I used, it's much easier to go to this one. Can either go before or after work, and I may actually be able to go to classes. I missed all the ones at the other gym coz of work.

Now to get working on fundraising ideas, then maybe pop to the gym tomorrow if I feel up for it. My induction is on monday at 8am!!! Gotta get up early on my day off! :sigh: It'll be worth it though lol :) Needed some motivation to do some exercise and I think the motivation of going on a trek is working!

Gizmo,

Well done you your doing so well you've got the same target weight as me, how long did it take you to loose the weight? Really hope I can be taking to you the same size as you sometime soon,

I'm also using myfitnesspal app ive lost 8 lbs in just over a week but I'm on sw,

But as weight watches say:
I'm deciding to lose weight for the last time yayyyyy : D XX

Thanks, I've been trying to lose the weight since mid feb last year, so nearly a year, managed to lose around 3 stone and then hit a brick wall. Started to go back to my old ways and put on a couple of pounds, so now I need something big to make me lose it again. It seems easy at first but then after a while it gets hard, so just gotta try different ways :) Guess my body just got used to it.

I've stopped using the myfitnesspal app, and have weightwatchers now, which i'm going to do the 3 month plan, just to get my eating habits in check. I'm already eating much less than I used to, but I am still having treats, mmm creme eggs... lol! Only 2pp each tho!

I'm hoping that weight loss will be a nice side effect of the jungle trek and all the training I need to do for it. Also I'm hoping that getting more confidence and losing my stupid shyness, that has been holding me back all my life, will go when i'm doing my fundraising :) Can't be shy when hosting events and talking to people about the trek.

The main thing I want to get out of this is knowing I have helped to change the lives of many animals that The Blue Cross care for. They are an animal welfare charity who have many rehoming centres around the UK for all different kinds of pets, from dogs and cats to even mice (I've kept mice for many years now, they are lovely little creatures). They also have a few equine centres as well. They offer free veterinary treatment to owners who are cannot afford to pay private vets fees. They have 3 veterinary hospitals in London and 1 in Grimsby. I work in a vets and would love to be able to help everyone who cannot afford treatment, but it's just not possible. Vets bills can become very high, and things usually happen when you're least expecting it. Animals deserve the best care available, and The Blue Cross do amazing work. I love the feeling of knowing I've helped an animal. Yesterday we had a stray cat brought into our vets that was hissing at us and just acting very aggressive. Turns out she had a collar on which she had managed to get her leg caught through and ended up with a horrible wound on her armpit from where it was digging in, so we got rid of the collar and gave her some food. Turns out she is a VERY sweet little cat who just wants loads of fussing. Can't blame her for being hissy before. I hope she recovers and finds a loving home :)

My life would be completely different without animals. In fact life in general would be very dull without animals lol. They're such great companions, even little hamsters. My syrian was lovely and tame, cried my eyes out for hours when she died, and that was only a couple of years ago! Each animal is different, they have their own personalities. They give us unconditional love and are there for us during the bad times. I remember crying one day, probably about an ex.. lol, and my dog just came over, put her front paws on my knees, licked me and just let me hug her for a while.

Anyway, I could rant on forever about animals lol. The point is, I literally don't know what i'd do without animals. As i've been working with them for so long and spent went to college and uni to study Animal Management and Behaviour. So that's why I've chosen to do this trek for The Blue Cross. I want to make a difference to animals that do not have a loving home and help animals to get the veterinary treatment that they need. Even if it makes a difference to the life of just one animal, then it'll be worth it. :)

Awwwwww well done you
I LOVE animals

I LOVEEEEEE wabbits ( only pet I can hve at my place ) and ive adopted 2 as I think they needed a home more than the others spoilt little bugers but I do treat them like babys woopies

They chill n watch telly with me it is rather cute,

My auntie went to Thailand last year to help build enclosers for a endangered monkey breed, she said it was The best thing she ever did and she lost loads of weight ;)

Go you xxxx

Lost 2lbs :D and now the lightest I've been in a long time. nice to see the numbers on the scale going down again lol :)

Awwwwww well done you
I LOVE animals

I LOVEEEEEE wabbits ( only pet I can hve at my place ) and ive adopted 2 as I think they needed a home more than the others spoilt little bugers but I do treat them like babys woopies

They chill n watch telly with me it is rather cute,

My auntie went to Thailand last year to help build enclosers for a endangered monkey breed, she said it was The best thing she ever did and she lost loads of weight ;)

Go you xxxx

Thanks :). I've never actually kept rabbits. Only cats, dogs, hamsters, mice and fish lol. Had a couple of rats but not for long since I found out i'm allergic to them :( It's just their claws scratching me that make me really itchy. Shame coz they make great pets. Just wierd how the mice and hamsters never made me itch.

Don't worry about treating them like babies. I was the same with my hamster :p. It just annoys me when people get ridiculous about treating animals like babies, eg. dogs being 'walked' in bags and even prams! :eek:

Might as well post these here aswell :)

Before:
beforeweightloss.jpg

Now:
now1.jpg

Just got back from my gym induction. I don't think I'll be going in the mornings lol. So not a morning person! Lol I feel so tired now! I think it might help me sleep better if I go after work.

Ok, so deffo thinking that I won't go to the gym in the mornings before work. Since I have spent most of today feeling soooo tired. Just had a little nap and it hasn't helped! lol Early night me thinks :) May go to the gym after work tomorrow night. They have given me a weight loss plan to work through. 1km on bike, 0.5km on crosstrainer and 1km on treadmill. I've got another induction next monday when the weights side of things gets added in. I'm hoping that the armband for my iphone gets delivered tomorrow so I can have some music :D

I spent most of todays induction thinking 'Why am I doing this?'. My body will get used to it tho! Can only get better :)

Feeling a little bit more awake this morning and actually looking forward to going to the gym after work tonight. Think I'm going to try going 3 times a week, on mondays (when i'm off) and after my 2 short days at work on tuesdays and saturdays. Don't think i'd cope going to the gym after 10 hours at work sometimes, although I will be going on Friday this week as I need to go shopping with my mum on sat.

Need to find something to wear for her wedding on 11th feb. Tried to find something yesterday but failed. Just couldn't find anything. Everything was either horrible, wasn't the right size or waaaay too expensive. Plus the one shop that probably would have had something was closed! On a monday! >=/ so we're gonna go in on sat and have a look. May even get a dress :eek: Just hope they have the right size in since all the gothicy type shops usually have small sizes, 16 being an extra large!

Just realised that every time I tell someone that i've lost 3 stones, I think 'have I really lost that much?!'. I can't really see it apart from in pics... Hopefully my brain will catch up lol :)

I went to the gym tonight and feel spool tired now. I was worse on the bike and crosstrainer than yesterday, but better on the treadmill. Next gym session will be on Friday so hopefully I will beat my times then. Anyone else find the crosstrainer really hard? I really had to push myself to keep going! My body just wanted to stop.

Eeek, have just agreed to do a sponsored weight loss!!! 2 stone lost by May 1st! About 2lbs a week for 15 weeks. My start weight is my last weigh in last sunday: 13st 5lbs. I have no idea what I weigh now lol. So just need to get down to 11st 5lb. Each sunday I will weigh in, and will spend the week going to the gym 3 times and also doing other things like walking and yoga.

Anyone who would like to sponsor me, here is my donation page: www.justgiving.com/chrisallan1. All money raised will be going to help animals at The Blue Cross. Any donation would be greatly appreciated =)

Thank you so much! =)

Urgh, after a long day at work (still not finished..), hardly any sleep and feeling kinda ill for most of the day, I'm giving up on the idea of going to the gym after work :(. So gonna have to go on sunday instead as I can't do tomorrow. Just need to rest tonight I think and maybe go to bed early. Hate waking up at random times during the night :sigh:.

Tomorrow will be another attempt to find something to wear for my mums wedding. Oh how fun that's going to be! :( Can never find anything nice that fits me. Or that may just be in my head lol. I tend to look at things and think 'nah, that won't look good on me...'.

I now wear my size 16 trousers for work, they didn't fit a few weeks ago. Still slightly tight but not too bad. Needed to make the change since the size 18s were starting to have trouble holding on :p lol. Plus a fleece that was tight when I bought it is now baggy. Such a good feeling when you notice the difference :).

I made myself go to the gym lol! So glad I went coz I beat my best times on everything =D music definatley helps! Had skindred, nine inch nails, stone sour, a7x and slipknot to listen to. Couldn't listen to the normal type of workout music! Not my thing lol. I must be like the only person there who wears band t-shirts lol =)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I have found something to wear for the wedding! :D A DRESS!!! :eek: I can't remember the last time I wore one of those lol. If I hadn't lost the weight, then I'd have stood no chance of fitting in it since the XL is a size 16. Will take pics when I wear it on the 11th Feb. Hopefully i'll have lost a little bit by then coz it is quite a tight fit lol. Love it though. Also got some heels to go with it. Never usually wear heels but flats wouldn't look great with it.

51N0NvBA6LL._AA300_.jpg

Weigh in tomorrow. Can't wait to see if i've lost anything lol :D Hope the gym and lots of walking while shopping has helped!

Just measured myself, around my stomach i've lost 8 inches since I started nearly a year ago! :eek: Can't remember the other measurements so can't compare those atm, I have them written down somewhere so will have a hunt for them. Will be interesting to see how much i've changed.

I am so glad that I decided to try to lose the weight. Nearly a year later, I feel so much better about myself. Not got a lot of confidence but it's much more than I had last year. My main advice to people would be never give up and don't worry about mistakes! Noones perfect. I felt a few times like giving up when the weight just didn't want to shift, so glad I didn't. I'm shocked at what the dress I got today looks like on me, my waist looked tiny! lol

Had a 1lb gain this week :( It's probably just muscle gain but still disappointing... Oh well, just gotta be good this week :p.

Am going to attempt a week without pepsi max. lol! Seems impossible but I can live without it... I think... :)

love that dress! I went shopping last weekend for a bridemaid dress as my best friend is getting married in august. It made me realise how pleased I am about losing the weight, there is no way I would have been able to try anything on in the shops we went in (coast, jane norman etc)

Measuring is my favorite over weigh in, especially as you said muscle weighs more than fat lol

Have a good day

Back