Go Lower

The chicken sounds lovely, im such a garlic fan. I think on Friday I will have a night off from the packs. Im liking all the food, but its just so rich and filling. I had a little look at the diet chef website, there meals dont seem to be so caked in sauce? Im sure its just me getting use to the low carbs.

When you switch over diets do you carry on losing straight away?

Fridays in the office are normally food fridays, we alway have breakfast rolls, dinner from the cafe, chips for me, and biscuits. Im going to lock myself away this friday to avoid any. Your right, it is all habit. Fridays have always been treat days and im finding it hard to get my head around it being like any other day.

Hi jellibabe - not sure how much you have to lose (and how long the journey will be) but the way I try to get over those tough days is to remind myself in a few months I'll be able to enjoy food friday again and I'm just temporarily abstaining in order to get to where i want to be - once there I can enjoy a treat every now and then.

I'm having a brilliant week this week - can't wait to update you all on saturday on how much i've lost - expect a big loss (but i suppose it is effectively week 1 for me so maybe that's not such a surprise).

Not sure if i'm in ketosis or not - will have to take the test tommorrow to see

actually maybe updating on saturday wont be so much much fun after all - I've just remembered my fitness ticker - so far I have managed 0 KM's - oh dear!!

Morning ladies, how are we all today? I've just had my first proper comment!!! Spring in my step to say the least! Can't stop cheesing it. One of my old work colleagues popped in as she was passing and she actually said "Wow, look at you, you look amazing!!" WOOOOHOOOO!!! Best feeling! I am totally going to treat myself to a new pair of trousers this weekend. Its well worth not having the Friday treats.
I am going to do some experimental cooking this weekend and have a proper look through the go lower recipes and see what I can find. I used to make homemade crisps and I think I am going to see if celeriac works the same, I really am missing crisps now, I think my sweet cravings are subsiding and its all about savoury just now.
Lou, one week at a time, this week is all about getting back into the programme, next week start the treadmill. :) Xx

Ooh celeriac crisps sound lovely :D

Ah, nothing beats a compliment, sigh! It gives you that dreamy glow hehe!

Having a good day so far. Pork Milanese for me tonight - yum!

I take a break at the weekend sometimes keeping to low carb - it's difficult with seeing mum on the Saturday as she really does not understand and is the type of person who will happily say "But chicken is vegetarian" - yep, she said that to me once back in my vegetarian days!

:8855:Chicken is vegetarian, thats briliant, I can just hear my mum saying it too! Xx

Hi everyone, my 7 day trial box has just arrived :D I can't wait to get started tomorrow!

For those that wanted to know what in it:-

Breakfasts

7 x Granola Clusters

Lunches

2 x Pea & Ham Soup
2 x Mushroom Soup
1 x Tex Mex Soup
2 x Broccoli & Blue Cheese Soup

Dinners

Chicken Chasseur
Chicken Fricassee
Beef in Thyme Gravy
Chilli Beef
Beef Bourginon
Sausage Casserole
Chicken Curry

Snacks

2 x Coconut Nut Bar
2 x Raspberry Nut Bar
2 x Smokey Bacon Crunch
1 x Choc Nut Bar

Treats

Chocolate Crème Bar
Plain Chocolate Brazils

I'm a bit dubious about the Granola, did someone say you could have it with cream cause it doesn't list it in the leaflet?

Also not sure about the soup with blue cheese in it, oh well I guess i'll try anything once :confused:

I'll let you know how I get on tomorrow.

Karen

Hey Karen, Yeah you can have it with cream, most creams I have found are lower in carbs than the plain yogurts. I do alternate tho because I buy probiotic yogurt. You can get a bit windy on this diet so probiotics seem to help. I love the broccoli & blue cheese, tastes great but it does stink, best eaten away from people :) Xx

My fav soup is the tex mex but like them all except the mushroom one - and even that one tastes fine it's just the idea of it.

Thanks big bum you are right - and well done on getting the compliment - it really keeps you motivated doesn't it

Hi all, I have just been to Tesco and stocked up on cream, berries and veg ready to start tomorrow. I am starting to feel a bit nervous but excited at the same time :eek:

Think I will give the pea & ham soup a try first, i'll save the pleasure of the brocoli & blue cheese for another day he he!!!

Karen

kj2s - fabulous news that you're starting tomorrow and all stocked up - i know we are all biased but it really is a great diet and there's no need to feel nervous - stick to the plan and the weight melts away -without a shake in sight!!

Evening all,

Bigbum - fab compliment today, it really is the best motivation when someone notices.

Caroline, the veg chicken cracked me up today - glad to hear someone else when through the veg stage as well...

So Karen, its day one tomorrow. Im sure you will enjoy it - good luck - the trail box sounds like a nice choice, has a bit of every meal in.

I had a call from GL today. I chose my £10 worth of free food, i got 7 bags of bacon crunch lol I love them. And i got a few different meals to what I have now. I ordered the curry, i hope its quite spicey? I also told them I was finding the food a bit rich, so they suggested I didnt use all the sauce and added my own herbs and spices. I dont understand why I feel like this because normally I love stews etc - my slow cooker is my best friend, but all i want is a nice light meal... but maybe thats a good sign because it means I full...

Thanks for the links Lou, just off to look at them now

H x

Morning all :D

Thanks for those links Lou - I'm definitely in the mood for a bit of a change so may give those a go.

Stayed the same this week - not surprised as 1. I was a bad girl last weekend and 2. I'm due a plateau. Not unhappy though as long as I don't gain hehe! No steps backwards thank you :p

Going to order another box on Monday - would do so today but I'm half asleep and that's likely to mean I'll forget something hehe!

Hope you all have a great day :D

Morning everyone. Good luck for today kj, I'm confident you will love it.

Thanks for the links Lou, I'm defiantly going to do some cooking this weekend for change. I've got friends visiting so will need to cook for them anyway. Xx

hi all - coming to the end of the 1st week of my restart - looking forward to updating my ticker tomorrow - it's going to look so much healthier than it did last saturday.

I had my next go lower delivery delivered today - i have ordered enough to last me 4 more weeks by which time I intend to be at target. BTW when i ordered off the GL website it wasn't giving the option to buy the creme bars but i've found another supplier avidlite that has them in stock - might be worth knowing if anyone wants any

Hope you've all had a great day - i'm going to spend the evening watching the rugby - come on wales

Enjoy the rugby Lou.

I cooked chicken tonight, it was so lovely and im feeling so good today, so excited about getting on the scales on Monday to see if this really does work! Ive got a cake to bake and decorate tomorrow for my neices birthday on Sunday so try not to eat any loft over icing.... ek!

Have a lovely weekend all

H x

OH MY GOODNESS - check out my ticker.

Got weighed this morning as it's the end of week 1 of my restart and I've lost 8.8lb :party0019:

Being honest about 5lb of that is the water weight i put on with a week off the diet but I'm still AMAZED.

My goal of 10 stone by the 4th April is suddenly looking achieveable - that's just over 2lb to lose a week.

Sadly my exercise goal isn't looking quite as good with a grand total of 0 km travelled last week but WTF I lost almost 9lb - whoop, whoop.

Challenge for this week is to remember it's effectively week 2 and I usually lose very little weight on week 2 and not to get disheartened.

Didn't think anything could cheer me up after the rugby last night :raincloud: - how wrong was I :party0049:

Hope everyone has a great weekend

Lou
x

Well done Lou that's fantastic, you should be very proud of yourself!

I managed to get through day 1 without to much trouble, I think the food will take a bit of getting used to, its very rich and I'm not a real nut lover so the nut bar took some eating. I will stick with it and hopefully my tastebuds will adjust :)

Looking forward to Monday to see how Jellibabe has got on in her first week.

Karen

Back