Goal weight

pticouk

Is there a point where you decide with your LLC what your goal weight is?

Also what if your goal weight doesn't put you in a helathy BMI will they accept that?

I'm 5'3" and currently 16st2lbs size 22 and my goal isn't my wieght it's my dress size, I'd like to be a 14-16 so I figure it will be around 13st, my BMI will 32 to get to the healthy of under 25 my top weight would be around 10st

Will my LLC let me progress to management if my BMI is still unhealthy?

Thanks

Helen

My LLC has said to me that I need to think in terms of clothes size rather than goal weight and BMI. Hopefully yours will think like that too.

I think the idea of regular re-assessing is worthwhile though. It maybe that you get down to a 14-16 and then decide that you can go a bit further. After all, it's all about where you can say that you will be happy to be that size forever going forward. You have to be happy at the end.

As far as I can see it wouldn't be fair of your LLC to not let you do maintenance if you're over bmi 25. It's your body and it's you who has to maintain your weight and live with it. My LLC strongly recommends getting to bmi of 23 but she did stress it's ultimately our decision. Dunno if that helps...

Hi I know everyone is different but I didn't get to a size 14 until I was 11 and a half stone and I am 5:3. Althogh I think your LLC will let you determine your goal weight.

I know that BMI's are sometimes unrealistic but is it worth going through all of this if you don't get to a healthy BMI ?

Hope you don't think I am being pushy - I just felt that after all of this investment - I might as well get to a bmi of 24 !

I think we have to try and think of ourselves in a holistic way ... BMI is just ONE indicator in the bigger picture.

If ultimately, we are healthier, FEEL good and like how we look, then if our BMI isn't text book, is it such a huge deal?
After all, a body builder's BMI would place them in the 'obese' category - which is obviously not true. So perhaps we should be threading all the factors together and viewing the situation as a whole when it comes to deciding whether we've completed our journey (and who has the right to argue with us when we do?) :)

Couldn't agree more Russiandoll!

Has anyone heard of the concept of 'frame size'? Someone mentioned it the other day saying that your frame size has an impact on the weight that is right for you. I'm not sure what frame size refers to, presumably our bone structure or something. If so I'd be interested to know how to determine my frame size... :confused:

My LLc says BMI is not a "blunt instrument" ans should not be used as such. It is a subjective guidline, and def not cast in stone!

Has anyone heard of the concept of 'frame size'? Someone mentioned it the other day saying that your frame size has an impact on the weight that is right for you. I'm not sure what frame size refers to, presumably our bone structure or something. If so I'd be interested to know how to determine my frame size...

Hi Chinchilla, I mentioned something about frame size the other day, basically it means the size and structure of your bones in certain terms e.g wrist measurements etc. I was saying there is half and inch difference between me and my sister, I am 5"4. When I weighed 7st9 last year and she weighed a healthy 9-9st3 I always looked bigger as my frame is wider, the width of my ribcage, wrists etc are bigger.

I have inserted a link as I can't really explain what I mean.

Frame Size

BMI does not account for muscle, so a really well toned muscly women of 5"4 who weighs 10.11 could be seen as obese because the bmi does not take into account the weight of the muscle on her body where as a women of 5"4 weighing 10.7 may be seen in the overweight catorgory and not obese. Im not really making sense here sorry.

You're making perfect sense Betty! :)

my LLC said it was a personal decision when to stop, and the whole point of LL was it didn't give you a goal, you stopped when it felt right. We are in control of this journey.

Chinchilla,

Don't take that as correct, it's an americain site and is not 100% accurate (nothing is). You just need to carry on as you are, you are doing fab. You will get to a weight that feels right for your body so you can maintain it and feel good when you look at yourself. xx

I just tried the website too. I pulled the tape quite tight over my wrist as they are still pretty podgy! I am apparently a large frame, but I have no idea what this means in terms of final weight???

I am going to listen to Betty Boo and carry on till I feel I am "right".

Great post, thanks!

Back