Goals goals goals!

KylaM88

Hey everyone

My names Kyla I started slimming world at 12stone 12.6lb and so far I have lost about. 4.5 pounds in about 3-4 weeks. I struggled a lot one week as I went away and lost track but I have put myself back on track for my goals.

I want to get down to 10 stone 2lb as my ideal weight. I would also like to get my fitness up so I am planning to get myself into a decent gym routine and am i trying to get the courage to join my local Pilates/yoga class.

The downside is my confidence and I get distracted easily. I want to reach my goals without feeling frustrated the whole time doing it. I think a lot of where I go wrong is time and my mood. I don't always give myself enough time to eat well and prepare meals in advance to think about what I am eating. Plus a bad day at work and all of a sudden my mood takes over and I don't stay on track.

Any tips would be great or any one else with goals and how your achieving them x x

Kyla :)

Hey Kyla!
I would suggest small mini goals like i do (in my signature) i acknowledge every loss with a little "woo hoo" and i have a whiteboard in the kitchen which has litle sayings on and my slimmer of the month/week magnets, and i put all my certificates on the fridge so i can see them all the time, it really keeps me on track!
Treat yourself to non food things (or slimming world food!) when you reach a goal ( i have lost very nearly 2.5stone but can never afford to treat myself so i have a nice peaceful bath or buy my favourite magazine, or get a good book from the library! etc. )

Try and get someone to kick you up the butt too, i find that sometimes helps, my hubby talks me out of eating rubbish, he reminds me how well i have done and if i eat this then its undone my good work etc, see if you can find someone who will do that for you!

Also be prepared!! Always have things in the house that you can snack on if you need to, low syn crisps/choc, or free foods like muller light yogurts or crab sticks! (whtever free food you fancy) obviously its great if you can eat fruit/veg when you are feeling the urge to snack, but i always find its better to snack on free food than syned food! (always choose superfree first though)

Ummm not sure if i have any more tips, but there is a great thread with tips in, i think its in the sticky thread section at the top.

Good luck, you can do it!!!!!!!!!!!!! xxxxx

Oh one more thing..sure you drink plenty of water when exercising! xxx

KylaM88 said:
Hey everyone

My names Kyla I started slimming world at 12stone 12.6lb and so far I have lost about. 4.5 pounds in about 3-4 weeks. I struggled a lot one week as I went away and lost track but I have put myself back on track for my goals.

I want to get down to 10 stone 2lb as my ideal weight. I would also like to get my fitness up so I am planning to get myself into a decent gym routine and am i trying to get the courage to join my local Pilates/yoga class.

The downside is my confidence and I get distracted easily. I want to reach my goals without feeling frustrated the whole time doing it. I think a lot of where I go wrong is time and my mood. I don't always give myself enough time to eat well and prepare meals in advance to think about what I am eating. Plus a bad day at work and all of a sudden my mood takes over and I don't stay on track.

Any tips would be great or any one else with goals and how your achieving them x x

Kyla :)

Hi Kyla! Well done on joining sw and your loss so far.

Maybe if youre struggling to make time to prepare meals etc, try a different tactic rather than just focusing on weight loss. Im only a week in but already I feel a million times fitter and healthier for eating better and exercising. Maybe tell yourself how much better you will feel eating a healthy meal rather than something unhealthy, it might make it easier to keep on track.

As said above, be prepared if you struggle for time, have lots of quick on plan stuff in the house. My slow cooker has been a god send this week cos its meant when I get in from work, tea is cooked and all I have to worry about is chucking some frozen veg on to have with it. You will get there!

Back