Goals

Le5ley

Hi guys,

I just wondered what your goals are, short term and long term??

Short term - I've just started again this week and I'm doing well, however I had put so much weigh on in the past few months that most of my work clothes are too tight. So my first goal is to get into my work gear. I think another 7-10 lbs should do it :)

Long term - Like most people I want to be a healthy BMI, but I want to fit into a nice dress. I'd love to be able to to into Coast and know that I could try on anything in the shop and feel fab in it!

Lx

hello lesley :) good luck sounds like your doing fab xx like you, also need to fit into my work clothes as they are far too tight ( cant do button up on trousers lol ) so thats my first goal then to feel comfortable in all my size 12s that i cant do up at moment. heres to you getting your first coast dress :) xxx

Hi Lesley, I'm a restarter with a way to go too but lose slowly as I don't get much exercise. Good luck on your journey!

Short term goal - get to less than 100lbs to lose
4 weeks - stay 100% and have lost a stone by 1 feb.
8 weeks - wear my work suit for a trip away
12 weeks to a docs appt - I'd like to be 3 st down by then
21 weeks to nieces wedding and I want to wear my favourite 50's style dress.

I've got my goals in my signature (well some of them as I have a character limit atm) and the final goal is to get down to 10 stone. But I'm not sure if I'm going to do it. I just want to not be this big and any loss is great. I've also got a holiday to Florida in November so perhaps being able to buy something from Topshop would be a goal!

Short term - to loose enough for my current clothes to start hanging off me rather than straining around me! Starting to notice this already :)
Long term - size 12. I'd like to swim with my daughter knowing I look good, rather than feeling embarrassed. And to enjoy shopping. And to get into a gorgeous Ebay-bargain pair of boots which are too tight. And... And... And... so many things!

List them all and tick them all off! I've a list and its a buzz even if its as small as not breathing in to fasten a button which I managed today, yahoo :) onwards and downwards.....

They all sound like fantastic goals :) I'm edging towards the old work trousers fitting. They now zip up but the zip let's itself down when I sit :rolleyes: Oh well, nearly there!! I did my own version of a pinterest board the other day. I took a powerpoint and started putting photos and words on there of things that inspire me. There's a few photos of nice dresses, some people in fabby little festival outfits, the logo for Glastonbury etc etc. I quite like it. Good luck with this week, I hope your all taking a step closer to the things you want!

Blinking zips! I think they have a magnetic pull to the south, I'm sure it happens to skinny people too ;-)
I like the idea of writing things down and ticking them off. I am definitely going to do that; thanks for the suggestion.

Morning! I like Lesley's idea of a picture mood board. I might get a scrap book and combine lists, pics and things that make me smile and feel good. It might help with the days that are tough. Zips NEVER stay put... So annoying

Hello Leslie

Today is my 2nd day on the diet and im feeling good. Ive always been a bit on the chunky side so as im 25 this year I decided I need to do something about it.

Here are my goals-

Short term- Going on holiday to Zante in the summer with a few of my girlies so want to look good in a bikini ;)
Long term- Just to be healthy and have self confidence :)

Good luck with the diet :)

LL x

Hi
My first goal is to get past the 10lbs I lose and gain every year. Then to get down to 9st. Long term I want to stay at that weight and not put back on the dreaded 10lbs or horrors of horrors even more !!!
Mere x

Angel, glad you like the mood board idea, we did it at a Lighter Life session and I loved it. it's not the same doing it on the pc, much better to get mags, scissors and prit stick out :)
Laura, Zante sound fab, good luck with that! Starting the diet is always tough for a couple of days until you see the weight starting to shift, then you get a massive boost to keep going! Remember and take photos side on, so you can see the changes. I also used to go between trying on skinny clothes to keep checking how much better they were fitting, and trying on my biggest clothes to remember how far I've come!
Mere, good luck with the 10lbs, at least you keep going, if you gave up the 10lbs would probably creep higher, well that's what used to happen with me :).

Well, I've had a burst of energy and cleared out all the old magazines I've been hoarding for months. Each month I'm going to buy a new glamour magazine and use Lesley's scrap book idea to cut out clothes and things I like. I might come up with a list of mini treats to get if I reach a stone a month. Anyone else done that ?

Short term - fit into XL scrubs and be able to move in them!!
I'm off to Malawi for 2 months in July and I'd like to be thin enough (and fit enough) to do as much as I can there, and fit into comfy clothes that I won't sweat profusely in!

Long term - be a healthy BMI, learn to run (I think I would completely ruin my joints if I tried to run this heavy!), and maybe one day do a marathon (if you're going to dream, you may as well dream big lol!)

Everyones goals sound amazing. It's so motivational to think about goals and I love the mood board idea - may have to create one myself!

Malawi will be quite an experience, good luck ! I'm sure if you continue on as you are that you will be slinky by July. Do you work shifts by chance? I do and nights are tricky, I'm still figuring out the best way to spread packs.

Subscriiption to glamour magazine is £14 for 12 issues at mo. when I reach a stone loss that's my first treat.

I also love this jacket as a loooong term goal, it's from a lady who does craft fairs. Gabriella rose. Def a save up goal though.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:
Well, I've had a burst of energy and cleared out all the old magazines I've been hoarding for months. Each month I'm going to buy a new glamour magazine and use Lesley's scrap book idea to cut out clothes and things I like. I might come up with a list of mini treats to get if I reach a stone a month. Anyone else done that ?
Hi
I really like the scrap book idea. :D

Mere x

Yeay! Just hit a stone so glamour is ordered! Feels gooooooood. Now what should I get next stone? Hmmmmm

Yaaay well done Angel, first stone is very exciting!! Good idea on mag subscription, non food rewards are where it's at!!

L x

Thanks guys, means a lot. I'm just so impatient to get into the next bracket. Hope you are having a good day too. My carbonara just exploded again using Exante new instructions. Hmmmmm

Back