Goals

Well done Angel! A fabulous achievement and reward :)
Xx

Hi Angel
Well done. :D
Mere x

Yeay! Just hit a stone so glamour is ordered! Feels gooooooood. Now what should I get next stone? Hmmmmm

So amazing! Congrats! And what a fab way to reward yourself!

I don't work nights, I can imagine it would be difficult to know when to eat but whatever you're doing is definitely working!

Hello.
Short term: fit into all the clothes I have previously purchased in various sales which have never been worn but I convinced myself I would get into eventually!
Long term: go clothes shopping and actually buy something I like as opposed to having to buy the one pair of jeans, dress, top that fits!

So amazing! Congrats! And what a fab way to reward yourself!

I don't work nights, I can imagine it would be difficult to know when to eat but whatever you're doing is definitely working!

Thanks Angel89, you're doing amazingly too, any rewards in mind?

Angel72, that's great. There's something about cutting pics out of magazines that just feels really satisfying!

Angel 89, they sound like great goals. When I got down to about 19 stone I started running (when I say running, it was really jogging) and found it was fine for me, so you could maybe just start trying to jog small distances and I think you'll be surprised at the fact it's actually something you could do. You can get free podcasts and phone apps for 0-5K runs. They talk you though what to do on your runs and help you to build up from nothing. :)

Angel72, that jacket is gorgeous!

Hi Lesley, I told everyone it's your idea for the scrapbook :) I'm actually really excited to get my first magazine. I seem to be stuck with a very stubborn 4.5lbs though before I can get my bracelet charm. What do they say, watched pot never boils ? Have fun all.

Angel72, thank you so much. Rewards... Well I'm getting my hair done but my dark roots suggest that's more necessity than treat haha! I can't wait to get some new lovely clothes but I'd rather wait till I'm much thinner for that. I'll have to have a think...

Le5ley, I've tried C25K before and it's pretty good! Think I'll try some long walks first though because my knees are not the greatest. It's a sorry state of affairs to get sore knees when you're only 23 :sigh: but I suppose it's just more motivation to lose weight and I'm sure it will resolve if I get in shape. I would try swimming but I wouldn't be caught dead in a swimming costume! Catch 22! It's cool that you started jogging, it's such a great way to burn fat. It reduces visceral fat like no other!

Hi Angel89, getting your hair done is totally a treat. I was using home nice & easy root touch up but now I'm splashing out on 6weekly hairdresser visits as a treat. To be honest what I'm saving on junk is paying for it And its something to look forward to. Doesn't walking burn just as much? Maybe try power walking to save your knees and get that bum wiggling :). Or cycling?
I went swimming for the first time in years. I shook all the way into the pool then I realised no one cares and no one can see you when in the water. Felt great, I just wish you could walk through a body dryer when you get out, I can't do with the hassle of getting dressed again. Good luck on your exercise programme.

That's so true - I'm saving so much money on food! And I do love getting my hair done. On one of Ricky Gervais's stand up tours he does a piece on the way fat women always have beautiful hair, make-up and nails to compensate. I always found it pretty offensive, I know that's his humour, but seeing as he has had weight issues I thought he would understand... Anyway, despite it being horrible, I think for me it was true (probably why it upset me!) as I've always done my make-up perfectly, always styled my hair nicely etc. I can't wait to want to put the same effort into my body, through exercise and healthy eating. And I can't wait to actually want to buy nice clothes. I've never had that, it's a nice thought.

I think you are right about power-walking, it's definitely the way forward for me. And I have so much admiration for you going swimming - you're my hero! Because you are so right - no one looks, no one cares and I shouldn't let my own insecurities stop me! I'll work on it.

I would try swimming but I wouldn't be caught dead in a swimming costume!
Hi Angel 89
I know it would be embarassing to appear in public for the first time in a swimming costume but the embarassment would only last a minute or two and the benefits will last you a life time.
Swimming is excellent exercise for anyone with joint problems because the water supports you.
In my experience of life people are too wrapped up in themselves to notice or care what others look like. So screw your courage to the hilt and take the plunge, literally. Once you have done it once you will never feel embarrassed again.
Lecture over good luck with whatever exercise you do. :)
Mere x

Last edited:
Back