Gobolino's Food Diary - converted to ww now!

Housework to the rescue for now (well I've been doing this all day, but will keep pushing on and get it all done, at least its keeping me from thinking too much!)...... and SW chips for later!

I know things could be so so much worse and I'm so greatful for the family that I do have, perhaps its unfair to want for things that will happen in their own time (if they happen at all). Everything happens (or doesnt happen) for a reason :)

Right , I've given myself a talking to and I'm much happier now :) Just sneaky peaked and I'm half a stone heavier than I was this morning!!!! 11 5lb to 11 12lb Wow- what a variation!!!

I hope I havent messed up the whole week by messing up monday!

Tues
B-3 chocolate muffins (HB+6syns), all bran (HB), milk (part HA), banana
D-salad, cottage cheese and 28g cheddar (HA)
snacks-apple, l/f greek yog, honey (1syn)
T-not sure yet.

WI tonight, hopefully it should be a loss and a step towards my stone award, fingers crossed :)

Just a bit of thinking out loud (which is always good!):

My big aim - a pound a week loss
My little aim - to lose something every week (perhaps this is more realistic)......

Strategies to get there when things are slowing down, here's a different strategy for each week. Perhaps I could try one each week until l've perfected it and then move onto the next thing, so I have something different to aim for each week.

Here are the strategies:
* stick to 10 syns a day for every day of the week
* vary my healthy A and B choices alot throughout the week
* drink loads of water
* eat loads of superfree and superspeed
* relax before weigh in and dont sneaky peak, plus treat myself to fruit and veg I havent tried
* try new 2 new meal recipes and 1 desert recipe in the week
* try to have at least 2 red days and 1 extra easy day in the week

Thats all I can think of for now :)

It did thanks! I lost 2lb, bringing my total loss to 12lb :) I feel like I'm making progress now after quite a few weeks of more or less staying the same.

Here's to a good week for both of us :)

Oh definitely steal away! We must have been on the same wavelength today as I was thinking of adding another strategy about starting to run again (think I'm stealing that one from you!). I'm not sure which strategy to chose for this week yet!

Mmmmmm quite heavy on the carbs for me today, but I'm within 10syns

Wednesday:

B- mixed berries (strawberries, raspberries, redcurrants, blackcurrants) and l/f greek yog (mmmmm I'm now wondering if this has syns will need to check). 55g wholemeal roll (HB), 9g cant believe its not butter (1.5syns)

snacks-2 weetabix (HB), banana, apple, 350ml milk in tea (HA), 28g cheese (HA)

D- pearl barley broth (carrot, celery, onion, potato, turnip), tomatoes and cucumber, mixed leaves.. apple

T- tomato and basil soup (chopped toms, celery, carrot, onion, garlic), wholemeal roll (5.5syns), 70 calorie bar (3syns), pineapple, strawberries

10 syns

Thursdays plan: Out to pizza express to use up more tesco vouchers! Also going extra easy (which for me ends up being not quite so easy)

B- 2 eggs, sliced tomato and a berry salad

D- tom and basil soup, thai salmon, mixed leaves

T- probably spinach and ricotta canneloni (16syns) and a side salad

snacks- milk in tea (HA), probably a HiFi bar before going out (HB)

The canneloni will be high for the day but its a better option than the leggera pizza.

Oh excellent I've just realised that I've looked at the red day value for canneloni. Woop woop on a green or extra easy its 10.5 syns :)

Just catching up on your diary - well done on your loss this week! What a fantastic achievement and a just reward for all your strategising and planning.

Sorry you were down earlier on in the week, it must be tough x I do sympathise having had ups and downs myself, as have other family members. If you ever want to chat I can offer a sympathetic ear!

Hope Pizza Express is good tomorrow. I am never sure what to pick there as the canneloni has more calories than the leggera but less syns. I tend to think of calories in vs calories out on those days but am never sure whether that's the best option!

Thanks Beegee.... I dont stay unhappy for long. Thats the benefit of talking to yourself! :)

I probably going for the canneloni since I had the pizza a couple of weeks ago. To be honest I cant believe its only 10.5syns, but who am I to argue!

Today is going ok so far.... extra easy day:

B-egg, tomato, mixed berries and yog (1.5syns)
snack-milk in tea (150ml =2syns), banana

D-tom and basil soup, salmon, apple

snack-weetabix (HB), 1 pear, 1/2 a melon

T-spinach and ricotta canneloni and rocket salad (10.5syns), bread thing with goats cheese (I'm counting HA for the cheese and 4 syns for the bread), half a portion of low fat frozen yoghurt (I'm counting 4 syns)..... as always when eating out theres some guess work involved but hopefully I'm not too far out.

Total syns= 22

Syns review: Hoping to stick to 70syns this week, so I need to have a few lower syn days now
Weds=11.5, Thurs=22, Fri=?, Sat=?, Sun=?, ,Mon=?, Tues=?

Last edited:
Syns review:
Weds=11.5, Thurs=22, Fri=7, Sat=?, Sun=?, ,Mon=?, Tues=?

Woah I'm so tired! No time for very much tonight, I've had my hair cut and coloured. It feels a bit lop sided so I'm not too pleased with it, but it wont notice when I wear it curly (most of the time), so I'll live with it!

B- yog (1syn), berries, 2 70 calorie bars aldi (HB)

snack-banana, weetabix (HB), pear

D-tom and basil soup mixed with pearl barly broth (2 lots of left overs!), carrot and cucumber sticks, apple

snack-melon, milk in tea (HA), 28g cheese (HA), 2 low syn choc bran muffins (4syns)

T- h/m pasta sauce with chopped toms, garlic, red onion....served with pasta! 1 cowbelle light cheese triangles mixed into the pasta before putting on the sauce (2syns). Please with myself for making time to do this for tea as I was really hungry and could easily have eaten the wrong things! Plus tonight I really wanted to have more chocolate muffins or a hot choc, but I really want to stick to my syns too :)

Syns-7 (phew!)

Weekend meals:

* Feta cheese salad with mixed leaves, peppers, sweetcorn, onion, tomato, cucumber
* Vegetable curry (with peppers, onion, chickpeas, cauliflower) with brown rice
* Vegetable stir fry with noodles (courgettes, broccoli, beansprouts, peppers and onions)
* Stalk soup with cauli and broccoli stalk, onion, carrot, celery
* SW Wedges with egg and beans

Also need to make a potato salad with some potatoes from the in-laws garden!

Saturday:

Breakfast: wholemeal toast (HB), eggs and beans

snacks: low syn choc muffins and flaxseed and bran muffins (HB + 5 syns altogether), 350ml milk in tea (HA)

Dinner: large salad with wedges and 28g cheddar cheese (HA) followed by a pear and hot chocolate (2syns)

Tea: vegetable curry and brown rice (2 syns for curry paste), followed by pineapple

snacks: strawberries, redcurrants and small banana, 80g dried apricots (6syns :( )

15syns -ooops
30mins walk

Last edited:
Sunday:

Breakfast: 28g oats (HB), l/f natural yog, milk from HA, apple, pineapple, HiFi (HB)

snacks: small banana, rest of milk in latte (HA), 2 sachets of hot chocolate (4syns)

Dinner: stir fry with garlic, ginger and chilli, courgette, beansprouts, peppers, noodles, possibly some stir fry sauce (3syns)

Tea: vegetable curry and brown rice (2 syns for curry paste) or wedges, egg and beans (in a tiny way to save the 2 syns)

snacks: melon, other fruit.

I'm already feeling that I've had too much today and feeling like I've blown it. Its very close to TOTM and I'm trying to not let it affect me, but my appetite does get huge around this time. Last night I had severe chocolate cravings which I tried to fill with dried apricots, but ended up spending too many syns. I'm busy tidying my craft cupboard today so trying to keep myself not thinking of food all day, but its hard!

Ok, baby steps here.......

dinner is going to be veg stiry fry, no sauce (saving syns), no noodles (really fancy sw chips) and.........

SW chips are the answer!!!!!!

1 more HiFi and half a melon after my lunch too (6syns) grrrrrrrr. I'm not really holding up too well on plan today. Going to make a cuppa and remove myself from the kitchen :wave_cry:

Hi Teresa, I've not tried the roulade yet. I'll take a look though as it might save me next time. Its strange how it can be difficult some times and easy at other times. I hope you're having a good day

I'm afraid I've not been too strong to be honest. So on the syn front, I've had 27 today, plus 3 small chocolate cups so best call it 30! At least I'm still counting or it could have been alot worse..... basically I've eaten what we had in the house so it was a good job that there were more dried apricots and HiFi's and no chocolate or ice cream!

Here's the list:
7g sultanas -1syn
4 hot chocolates -8syns
2 HiFi bars -12syns
80g dried apricots -6syns
3 chocolate cups -3syns

Syns for the week are now looking like this:
weds 11.5, thurs 22, fri 7, sat 15, sun 30, mon?, tues? =85.5

I'm feeling drained now and starting to think I'll pass on my evening meal and just have a latte later on with my second healthy A choice.

Back