Gobolino's Food Diary - converted to ww now!

Saturdays plan:

B-toast (HB), eggs and beans

D-Homity Pie (HA HA for cheese for 2 portions) with baked beans !

T-Stir fry of some kind with bamboo shoot, beansprouts, water chestnuts, onion, noodles and prawns (HB) and stir fry sauce (3syns for half a pack)

pud 1- raspberry chocolate pots (7syns) with white chocolate mousse (ie vlf fromage frais and options white choc) (2syns)
pud 2- strawberries, squirty cream (1syn)

snacks-apple, nectarine, grapes

Exercise-60mins walk
Syns- 13

Weekend cooking:
homity pie - 1 portion left
h/m pasta sauce
possibly making the special beetroot soup in the christmas book (never had beetroot soup befor eso not really sure how this one will turn out).

Last edited:
Syns review - to sum up so far the synnage has been high but I'm feeling in control and relaxed so I'm not letting this high synnage upset me ;)

Weds 16.5
Thurs 15
Fri 7.5
Sat 13
Sun 12.5
Mon ??
Tues ??

Last edited:
Sundays plan:

B- 28g oats (HB) with one large grated apple and 6 walnut halves (HB), milk from HA

D before 12! - homity pie (HA) and raspberry chocolate pot (7syns), handful of grapes

Aerobathon 13.00-16.00

T- :) roasted veggies (carrot, sweet potato, parsnips, beetroot, potato), stiry fried onion, red cabbage and pepper and bisto gravy (2 syns?) :)..... followed by vlf fromage frais and coconut hot choc powder (2syns)

snacks- honey dew melon, aldi yog similar to muller light but veggie friendly, not particularly nice, far too sweet (1.5syns ouch), few cups of tea (HA)

Exercise -20mins walk, 3hours aerobics
Syns - 12.5 syns

Last edited:
I feel that I've relied on the same HB's recently, so I'm going to start keeping a list to see if I can get a bit more variety in.

Here's the list for this week so far:
oats
all bran
weetabix
walnuts
prawns
wholemeal bread

Yep, as I thought, the list is small!

Keep up the good work, thought you might like this soup recipe

1 tin of baked beans
2 tins of tomatoes
1 tin of carrots (I just used some leftover cooked carrots from our roast yesterday)
1 Pickled onion (I used 6 small silverskins)
Seasoning of choice (I added salt, pepper, mixed herbs & chilli)

Add all ingredients cook for 20 minutes and blitz is supposed to taste liek heing cream of tomato ! but syn free and super speedy

It is deliocus but i think it needs a pinch of sweetner

Oh thanks Teresa - that does sound like a great soup! I love soups that use things that you generally have in the cupboard..... brilliant when you get that 'I wanna make soup now' moments (mmmmm maybe its just me that gets those moments!!).

I'll be making it this week. I need to get thinking what else I'll be making this week now :)

Yep, you read correctly! 3 hours of aerobics :) I'm hoping its burnt alot of stodge !! Hope you are doing ok ?

Monday 10th October

Breakfast:
28g Oats (HB), grated pear, blackberries, splash of HA milk, vlf fromage frais

Dinner:
Stir fried red cabbage etc from yesterday, cottage cheese, ryvita or scan bran. Melon

Tea:
Either pasta with h/m pasta sauce and cheese (HA) OR wedges with something,

Snacks:
Red grapes, apple, nectarine, ryvita minis from multipack (4syns or this might end up being my second HB), vlf fromage frais with coconut hot choc (2syns), rest of milk (HA)

Syns- 6 so far
Exercise – 20 mins walk

Thanks!

Unfortunately, I do now have monday munchies :(

I arrived home and had a few squirts of light squirty cream :( Then a few more :(

Tea - I had pasta with h/m sauce and grated cheese (HA) as planned, followed by half pot of vlf fromage frais and hot choc powder (2syns).

Just now I've had a nectarine and handful of blanched hazelnuts :(

Monday monday monday eh!

I should go and have a cuppa tea !!!

Don't be so hard on yourself - it looks like you're doing fine. You must have a few extra calories in the bank from that ridiculous amount of exercise the other day!

Can I ask you a beetroot question? I'm a novice as I've only recently discovered that I quite like it so excuse me sounding totally thick. When you roast it, which type do you use? I've only got a jar of the stuff pickled, but I've also seen those little vacuum packs in the fruit and veg section. Should I be getting one of those to chop up if I want to roast it? I used to love those vegetable crisps you get (very fattening) and they always had beetroot in it. I have visions of roast beetroot being a bit similar! Ta in advance for advice (and not laughing at my stupid question!)

I'm back from weigh in and I lost a pound - I'm so pleased! I'm continuing my losing streak. I cant believe how up and down I was before and how I'm losing ok now :) I think the regular exercise is pretty key to this thinking about it.

Beegee - I'm a beetroot newbie too! Not a daft question! Actually we were given some fresh beetroot from my mother in law and I'd planned to make soup with them (a bit nervous of having a big red soup, but will give it a go!)...... anyway while I was out at the aerobathon on sunday my hubby prepared the roast veggies and literally just peeled it and cut it into rounds and roasted it with the other veggies (fry light to roast). Neither of us had tasted it roasted but I have to say it was very tasty. Normally for salads I use the vacuum pack ones, but I'm not sure if these would roast ?

Definitely the mindset is helping, specifically the monday mindset (I try to avoid talking myself into the fact that I might not have lost that particular week)! Also being more mindful of my healthy extras as I know this will always be a tempting area of foods for me. Saying that though, I've been trying to do a class on a mon and weds night (either side of weigh in) so that empowers me into thinking that I've made a good start/end to the week. Its all about the subtle thinking with me :)

Here's today:

Wednesday 12th October

Breakfast:
Double HB breakfast –super hungry greedy breakfast!
All bran 42g (HB), 2 weetabix (HB), 350ml skimmed milk (HA) and a banana !!!

Dinner:
The dreaded team lunch in work. I’ve made red lentil and chickpea soup so at least there is something that I know I can have! Carrot sticks, kiwi EDIT- I had 3 mini bread sticks (3syns)

Tea:
Wholewheat pasta with h/m pasta sauce and cheese (HA)

Snacks:
Apple, pear, piel de sapo melon

EDIT- went for a mexican buffet for tea so had veggie bean chilli (no idea what syns this would be) with rice and a salad bar! 1/4 of a veg enchilada (literally a bite and then gave it to hubby 3syns..... so good choices). Sprinkle of cheese (HA).

Came home and neighbours had very kindly bought us some belgium chocolates back from hols...... I'm counting 30 syns!

Total for today =36 !!!

On the plus point I was debating whether to give up tea for a week or give up sweetner for a week..... first day and I've had neither, so I'll decide tomorrow which I feel like giving up for the week.

Weekly Syns review:
Weds 36

Healthy Extra review:
all bran
weetabix
milk
cheese

Exercise review:
10mins walk

Last edited:
Thursday -green

Breakfast= vlf fromage frais, l/f natural yog, 28g oats (HB), grated apple, tsp agave nectar (1/2 syn)

Dinner=Wholewheat pasta, h/m pasta sauce, peas. Melon

Tea= Red lentil and chickpea soup. Wedges with cheese 42g superlight (HA)

Snacks= 10 hazelnuts (HB), apple, cucumber sticks, hot milk (HA) with 2 tsp vanilla sugar (2syns), vimto lolly (2syns)

Exercise= walking -lots of it! I'm hoping to get up early to do some before work, then do some at lunch and another walk after work (hope to clock up 2 hours) -EDIT I managed 1 hour 35mins

Weekly Syns review:
Weds 36
Thurs 4.5

Weekly Healthy Extra review:
all bran
weetabix
milk
cheese
oats
hazelnuts

Weekly Exercise review:
10mins walk
1 hour, 35mins walk

Last edited:
WOW!! Another loss - you superstar! Everything has just fallen into place for you now hasn't it. You're so close to your stone - keep at it this week hun x

Ta for the beetroot advice. Being a numpty, I forgot it came in a raw form rather than a jar or packet. I will have a look out for it in Asda. If I recall it looks a bit like a swede or turnip doesn't it?

Your Hex review is very interesting. I'm stuck in a bit of a rut so may give it a go too. I've just done a Tesco order and ordered some of the Low Low black pepper spread for ryvitas and also some of those Laughing Cow (I think) blue cheese squares. Not sure about those tbh, but am prepared to give it a try!

Thanks Beegee. I'm having to stay very positive about next week now after having a rubbish start on weds !

Enjoy your different healthy extras. Yep beetroot is about the size of turnip, but darker and sold with a bit of stalk or even alot of stalk and leaves. I'm still yet to make my beetroot soup, but it does last well in the fridge.

Friday
B-Double HB breakfast-super hungry greedy breakfast
40g Oats (HB+2syns), vlf fromage frais, 50ml milk (part HA), 6 walnut halves (HB), 15g raisins (2syns)

D-pasta, sauce, peas, 42g superlight cheese (HA)

T- red lentil soup, 1 sweetcorn cob

Snacks-apple, kiwi, grapes, carrot sticks, hot milky coffee (HA) with 2 tsp sugar (2syns) and squirty cream (2syns), 1 litre of light cranberry juice (sainsburys own 2 calories per 100ml so 1 syn for the whole carton!)
Exercise = 1hour 20mins just dance, 25mins walk
Syns = 9

Well after going 2 days without sweetner or a cup of tea...... I had both today just 1 cup of tea and sweetner in the cranberry juice.

Last edited:
Thanks Teresa!

Here's my updates so far, will update later on today:

Weekly Syns review:
Weds 36
Thurs 4.5
Fri 9

Weekly Healthy Extra review:
all bran
weetabix
skimmed milk
superlight cheese