Gobolino's Food Diary - converted to ww now!

Oh thank you - I'll be weighing in tomorrow :) I was hoping to lose 2lb and get my half stone award but even to lose just 1 pound after coming back from hols on friday would be great..... I do feel it could be a stay the same though (TOTM and feeling pretty bloated), but we'll see. I'm trying to stay positive this evening, I've had a massive appetite since monday as I had a disturbed night with a migraine headache and since then have craved carbs and lots of food (well more than usual). Even though I've had a massive appetite I have stuck to plan, apart from what was written for yesterday I did have 6 of hubbies oven chips last night. Today I've used 15.5syns:

B-Fibre plus bar (HB), pasta cheesy mug shot (2syns)

D-homemade veggie soup (1.5syns), M+S sushi snack (1/2syn)

snacks- milk in tea (HA), another M+S sushi snack (1/2syn), nectarine, golden kiwi, shape 0% yog, vlf fromage frais, raspberries, 3 mini baby bel lights (HA), fibre plus bar (HB)

T-SW wedges, quorn sausages, 2 eggs, 2 servings of vlf fromage frais with highlights hot choc and squirty cream (all weighed out - cost 11syns!)

Oh my goodness, now I've written it down I can see I've eaten loads today :( All accounted for in my syns though ! :)

Hi Teresa, thanks for asking, I gained a pound :( I just feel like I'm a complete yo-yo-er and something has to change before I can really do this. This year my losses have been -1, +1, -2, +2, +1, -2 etc etc..... I just dont really know what has to change for me to stop self-sabotaging. I'm annoyed with myself ! I've been on plan so far today, so will update a food diary later.

Hope you are ok and having a good week ??

Sorry about your gain I know how disheartening it is. But you had been away, try not to let it get to you. You did achieve your gola of weighing less at the end of september. Now to have 100% days from now on for a fab loss in october.

Have you looked around the body optomise site for inspiration.

I really really want to lose 3to 5 pounds before the end of october (but going away for 4 days this week) but lets both aim for 5 pounds and really help each other.

Teresa

Hi Teresa

Thank you so much for your support I really appreciate it and I know you are right..... I just need to concentrate and think about what I'd say to someone if they'd put on a pound, rather than over-reacting. Its just that I thought I'd turned a corner and actually started on the journey for a change and when I gained again it made me realise that I've been doing this for the whole year (gaining and losing the same few pounds and not really getting anywhere).

BUT, I'm back and I'm determined ! I've decided to concentrate on what I can have instead of what I have to have in measured amounts (my lovely lovely healthy extras!).....so with this in mind I'm challenging myself to get more speed foods in and really focuss on this!

I'm thinking to start me off I'm going to try for 30 speed foods in the next three days and then take it from there perhaps with some more mini-challenges along the way (like a red day here and there, drinking more water etc etc!). I'm hoping to spend a little more time on here too, I definitely think if we support each other all the way we could be 5lb lighter by the end of october :) I tried to treat myself yesterday to help the self esteem, but the shopping trip didnt go too well. I managed to get a couple of nice tops though and spent about 4 hours walking around town!

Today started well and then hubby suggested going out for lunch.... this wasnt going to put me off. I ordered grilled sea bass, new pots and veggies with caper and dill sauce on the side. It came and the sauce was everywhere, SO, I sent it back !! Very nice dinner with just one dip in the sauce, which was very buttery indeed, certainly didnt want my dinner swimming in THAT!

Today is Extra Easy for a change (Sunday 3rd October)
B- scrambled egg on toast (2 small wholemeal slices HB), 10g utterly butterly (3syns).
snack - clementimes
D- sea bass fillet, new pots, veggies (asparagus, butternut squash, courgette, peas), 2 spoonfuls of hubbys chocolate cake (6syns?)
T- ratitouille (aubergines, peppers, courgettes, passata, garlic, onion, olive oil (2syns), prawns
snack- latte (HA), pear, muller greek corner (3.5syns)

30 mins walk

30 different speed foods in 3 days

Sunday
sea bass, asparagus, butternut squash, onion, aubergine, courgettes, peppers, passata, prawns, clementines

Monday
apple, pear, nectarine, kiwi, scan bran (HB), canned tuna (HB), sweede, carrot, figs

Tuesday

Last edited:
Well done for coming up with a plan. And well done you for sending the dinner back.

One thing i have found this week is that sometimes I try and make the plan too hard for myself. For example trying to do SE days or red days (which i can do but are much harder for me) When the truth is i can do EE and green every day and still lose my weight IF i stay within my syns and that is the big if LOL I am great for days then blow it for a few days which ends up with yoyoing. I have done all green this week and not worried about portion control at meal times and really really enjoyed it. If i wasn't going to Germany I think I would have a good loss this week. And it has been easy and enjoyable.... i did have quite a few syns yesterday but tallied them all up and still under for the week.

A long paragraph but I think it is agreeing with what you said of focussing on what you can eat plenty of free and super free foods and plenty of them. Focusing on getting speed foods in is great but i think the biggest challenge should be focusing on lots of yummy food that you enjoy and fills you up.

Teresa

I love a plan, so just having a good plan does help but I agree with making plans too difficult sometimes. What you say is right, we can stick to the green plan and lose just as easily as making other targets/changes/sub-plans - lol, its just a case of sticking to it!

I think focussing on the speed foods is forcing me to get a bit more variety in, which I think I needed after a few weeks of starting to eat similar things. Focussing on yummy food is the best plan of all I think :) I love green too and not eating meat a red day does turn out to be pretty fishy!

Hope you enjoy Germany!

Yes we love food so lets enjoy it. I think the speed food challenge is a good idea to aim for, I think I will be doing something similar next week.

I have to say the thing I am most looking forward to in germany is the black forest gateaux !! :) So will def be on speed foods when i get back !! I am going to pop out to the shops in a while and get some eggs to make the scan bran choc cake did you ever make that or just the carrot cake?

Oh no I didnt do a chocolate scan bran cake, sounds good! Have you tried it before ? Oh, let me know how it turns out :)

Well i suddenly looked at the time and realised i could not go to the shop for eggs in the mismatched outfit i was wearing so changed my mind LOL.

I made a choc orange whip for my pud and proceeded to eat today's portion before dinner LOL oops

1 pot of quark
1 egg
2 choc orange options
small pot of fromage frais

seperate egg white

whisk egg white until firm

in seperate bowl whisk all other ingredients fold in egg white and chill

4 syns for the whole bowl

or 2 syns a serving

Teresa

Will make the scan bran cake one day soon as I want to take it as a taster first day of my class

MMM mmmm whip sounds nice :D Oh yes, when's your first class ?? Not long to go ? Are you having a class once a week or more ? I'm feeling quite excited for you :)

3weeks 3 days !! Just once a week at the moment. My goal is to start with just one and hopefully grow my class into a double group and then open a morning class by next easter and if all that goes well a second evening class in the summer.

That sounds great. I'd love to know more about the training and the behind the scenes bits of a SW class. Any tips or challenges you want a guinea pig for - I'm here !! :) he he.

I've had a big think about tomorrows menu, using another 10 speed foods: Green tomorrow:

B - Fruit salad and vlf fromage frais/quark
D- scan bran (HB) with tuna (HB), egg and salad, greek yog (4syns)
T- ratitouille, carrot and sweede mash, baked beans!
snacks- carrot sticks, fruit if needed, milk in tea (HA), 42g low low cheese (HA)

So the speedies are 4 in the fruit salad (apple, kiwi, nectarine, pear), the scan bran is a speed HB in my oldish book so thats another 1. Salad at lunch will be beetroot, pepper and celery (2 new speedies). Evening meal sweede and carrot mash and baked beans (3 more - phew!).

Here's to a good week !

Today turned out like this:

B - Fruit salad (kiwi, nectarine, pear) and vlf fromage frais/quark
D- scan bran (HB) with tuna (HB), egg, greek yog (4syns)
T- ratitouille, carrot and sweede mash, greek yog (3.5syns)
snacks- 1 small truffle (it was very small so counting 2 syns), 2 apples, banana, milk in tea (HA), 3 mini baby bel lights (HA), just making some figs for a dessert (will make a note of all the syns when I decide how much of it I'm having!)

It was a good day thanks ! I managed to get to body balance class too. I think the figs worked out about 6 syns (and that wasnt including the syns for actually cooking a fig!), but definitely worth it -yummy yummy :) And Figs are another speed food.

Here's todays unusual menu:
B- carrot and sweede mash with baked beans ( !!! )
D- 42g low low cheese (HA), salad - tom, cu, radish, onion, greek yog l/f muller (4syns)
T- leeks and peas with pasta n sauce (possibly some broccoli and gherkins if I make it to the supermarket).
snacks- banana, clementines, grapefruit, passion fruit, apple and orange (depends on what I need throughout the day!)
milk in tea (HA), will also have my HB's at some point :)

So the definite new speedies for today are:
sweede, carrot, baked beans, grapefruit, orange, passion fruit, leeks, radish, tom, cu

Weighed in today and I've lost a pound -phew :)

B- kiwi, nectarine, muller greek yog (4syns)
D- at a work lunch where everyone brings things BUT, I managed to stick to plan.... I had spicy chickpeas (counting HB for the oil), couscous salad (small bits of feta in this will be counted as a half a HA), pasta salad, cucumber, toms, peppers followed by weetabix cake that I took (2 slices =7syns) (avoided so much crap...cakes, muffins, biscuits etc).
Snack- carrot sticks and pickled onions, milk in tea (HA)
T- before body balance class (2 weetabix HB), afterwards stuffed peppers with orzo pasta, salad with tom, cu, radish, spring onion. 21g low low cheese (1/2HA)

short walk, body balance class :)

Wednesday evening - determined not to eat the rest of my stuffed peppers, I've just had a cuppa tea and a farleys rusk !! 3.5syns, not too sweet so just right to fill a gap and not send me off wanting more :)

Thursday 6th Oct - Green Day
B- scan bran and banana (HB), muller greek corner (4syns)
D- stuffed peppers (1/2HA)
T- sw chips, beans, eggs,
post class- 2 weetabix (HB), plus remainder of milk
snack- 2 mini baby bels (1/2HA+1syn), muller greek corner (3.5syns), skimmed milk (HA), apple, mango, 2 oranges, dark chocolate highlights (3syns)

Total-11.5 syns
Exercise-50mins walk, body balance class :)

Back