Gobolino's Food Diary - converted to ww now!

Hello both

Teresa I know I was shocked when I totalled up all the syns last night. 7.5 is the best I've done in a long time. I think for many days over the last few weeks I've thought that 17 or 18 syns is ok since its still pretty close to 15, but in reality to lose weight I think I need to be on the other side of 15! Anyway, enough about the weight loss, I'm not concentrating on that am I! I'm making the most of all the nice foods I can eat. I've had a busy week so not too much planning going on, but I'm hoping to take some time out on the weekend to plan next weeks meals. Plus I'm looking forward to doing a couple of things in the slow cooker :)

Well Jane the cakes are sitting right behind me, so I'm totally ignoring them..... I've made myself a rule that I've pretty much stuck to all year and thats that I wont eat any bits like that in work. Its a bit hard when its for peoples birthdays but usually I manage ok.

Todays going well so far, hope its going well for you both too x

How upbeat and positive you sound!

So tell me what lovely things are you going to cook in the slow cooker. I love mine and will make a vegetarian chilli this weekend with asda's own meat free mince (like it much more than quorn) for sunday night with spicy wedges . Then there are plenty of leftovers for hubby and I to pop in the freezer. (i have a huge slow cooker)

Ha ha - yes I guess I am feeling pretty positive right now. Really looking forward to the weekend :)

Mmmm will have to try asda meat free mince, I've not had that one. I might also do a chilli but just with lots of beans and no mince or possibly with quorn as I have that in the freezer. I do like having pots of this frozen too as its great for a quick meal.

As for whats cooking in the slow cooker... possibly a north african chickpea curry (works out at 1 HB per serving) or maybe another veggie soup (hubby liked this too, so that'd be good to get some veggies into him!). Other than that I might try something else. I love it, mines a big one too so we end up with plenty for the following few days. Here's to the slow cooker !!!

Absolutely! It turned out lovely last time and even hubby liked it (he usually would make some harsh comment about chickpeas and vegetarian food etc etc). I just need to find my recipe book and I'll type it out this weekend....... the only things I can remember from the recipe so far are: chickpeas, dried apricots and a spice blend called Ras-el-hanout (I managed to get this from Tesco, its very nice). Have a nice weekend!

North African Chickpea Curry (serves 6)

3 tbsp sunflower oil
2 onions, 4 carrots, 4 garlic cloves (all chopped)
2 green chillis, deseeded and sliced
4 tsp ras el-hanout spice blend
500ml veg stock
3 400g cans chickpeas
grated zest and segmented flesh of 1 lemon
150g ready to eat dried apricots
1/2 tsp tumeric
3 large toms, 25g corriander (both roughly chopped)

Heat oil over a high heat in large frying pan and cook onions, carrots, garlic and chilli (10mins).
Add spice blend, fry 2mins. Add remaining ingredients except corriander and bring to simmer.
Transfer to slow cooker (4 hours on low/8 hours on high)
Serve with corriander stirred through.

Above is the actual recipe. I used olive oil and changed the quantities of oil and ready to eat apricots so that the recipe worked out at 5 HB's for the whole cooker full, I then made the recipe serve 5 rather than 6, just so it was easier to say it was a HB choice that way. I think I used 3x70g apricots and 2xtablespoon of olive oil last time.

I served mine with brown rice and it was lush :)

Friday 15th October - Green
B- muller low fat greek yog (3.5syns), 3 quorn sausages!
D- sweet potato and bns soup, large portion of veg stir fry (1.5syns for the pesto)
snack- milk in tea (HA), banana
T- sw chips, quorn sausages, beans, 42g of low low cheese (either HA or HB)
dessert- jaffa cake bar- lemon and slime (5syns), need to have a HB, well 2 HBs actually :) mmmmmm I love my healthy extras :)

walk- 30mins.

that recipe sounds lovely! i love my slow cooker too but haven't used it in ages but ive been inspired to start using it again:) i like this plan of not focusing on the numbers but instead on the good food and on plan days! its a really great idea and a really positive way to look at our plan.

hope you have great on plan weekend:) xx

You too Jane, have a great (on plan) weekend :) The distraction technique worked well the week before last, I enjoyed my food more and packed in loads of variety too ! This weekend I'm hoping to spend a bit more time planning the weeks as I'm sure that helps alot too.

Well all three of us seem upbeat and positive about the weekend.

That recipe does look lovely but i know i would never get it past my hubby ! LOL he is doing much better at trying some new things but not fruit ever so no apricots. I will make it some time for me. Or maybe for my group to try,

Have either of you had the asda chick pea dahl it is free on extra easy and green and really is yum. I had it with chips but would be great over rice on a jacket etc. I did eat the whole can though :-( that's why todays menu must contain loads of veg as yesterday it was beans/chick peas and chips.....awfully windy in derbyshire last night LOL

But I am def get more chick pea dahl in for quick store cupboard meals.

Teresa

just popping by to see how your day has been but your not here lol so ill come around again later :) Teresa i havnt had the dhal from asda as i dont shop there but i had the ainsley harriott one thats also free and i loved it:) actually youve just remined me that the other half is still in the fridge and im hungry so could have it now with some rice mmmmmmm x

Hello both!

Had a busy day yesterday, walked around town and did lots of housework (more to do today too but have to do some overtime for work first!)..... yesterday I went over syns:

B- scrambled egg on toast (HB), cant believe its not butter (3syns)
D- chickpea curry (HB), rice, muller yog (3.5syns)
T- stir fry veggies, garlic, soy, ginger, noodles, 2x rice pud (2xHA+8syns)
Snack- clementines, 1 thorntons choc (3.5syns!!!), fibre plus bar (5.5syns)
Total syns = 23.5 ouch I’ve gone over by 8.5syns…. will try to make up for this Sunday.

Today I started off with quite a synful breakfast has hubby (bless him) had picked up some tesco vegetarian cheese and leek sausages on offer. I've had two this morning but might have to discard the other 2 as they are 4.5syns per sausage!! So here's sunday...

B- melon, followed by cheese and leek sausages (9syns), beans, egg
D- leek and potato soup, latte (HA), vlf fromage frais with options (2syns)
T-more soup, either l+p or bns or both !!, possibly another latte (HA)
Snacks- clementines, 3 Fibre plus bars L (HB, HB, 5.5syns), carrot and cucumber sticks

Jane/Teresa I've not tried the asda dahl or Ainsleys dahl yet! I am starting to have alot of respect for Ainsley :) His products I've tried have all been great.

Teresa, I think the beauty of the slow cooker in converting hubby from being a big meat person is the fact that the lovely smell of what you are cooking fills the house. I must admit I was really surprised when hubby actually ate the curry and more surprised that he loved it! I did the usual of casually asking did he want the same as me and was surprised when he said yes. I think its just habit of asking does he want the same even though I know the answer is probably no. At this point I didnt show my surprise (or make a big deal out of it!) and when tea time came just served it up. Yesterday he had it for lunch with rice and some fried chorizio and then in the evening he had it again (!!) with some pork loin. Result.

Actually it seems like today is going to be a long one with work one way or another, so I might have soup mid afternoon and then have pasta n sauce (1/2 syn) with 42g low low cheese (HA) for tea (dont really need another latte with the HA!) :)

Here's how today panned out:

B- melon, followed by cheese and leek sausages (9syns), beans, egg
D- leek and potato soup, latte (HA), vlf fromage frais with options (2syns)

T- pasta n sauce (1/2syn), 42g low low cheese (HA)
Snacks- a cup of sweet potato and bns soup, more melon, clementines, 3 Fibre plus bars L (HB, HB, 5.5syns), fromage frais with options (2syns), jaffa cake lemon and slime bar (4.5syns)

Total syns - 23. Walking 45mins.

Annoyed that I've gone way over again but I'm determined to do well the next few days and claw back till wednesdays weigh in. I've drunk loads of water and feel better for actually having less fruit than normal. I'm feeling positive even though the syns total hasnt gone too well. Now I need to find a little time tonight to plan the rest of the weeks meals :)

looks like me and you both going to be clawing back syns tomorrow and tuesday before WI on wednesday ((hugs)) but try not to be too hard on yourself at least you went over syns on relatively healthy things like the fibre plus bars unlike me with scones at the like lol so hopefully you will be ok come wed. goodluck with planning your meals thats something that im terrible at doing in fact ive never managed to keep to a plan yet x

Hey it looks like we've crossed posts ! Oh yes I love scones.... I do have a problem with Fibre plus bars, sometimes I'm ok but other times I just have to eat them all - gggggrrrrr. Yes, here's to wednesday weigh in and some clawing back for monday and tuesday :)

Really struggling today, I ate my lunch before 11 ! I'm really hungry, so going to try and stick to free foods to get myself un-hungry :)

You can do it, remember free foods are unlimited see how many free things you can eat today without resorting to syns !!

I have hungry days sometimes, also remember you often struggling getting closer to weigh in day it is your body trying to fight back because it is made to fight weight losses. So it makes you extra hungry YOU CAN BEAT it eat eat eat but the right things. Make sure dinner is yummy and fill up.

Thanks for your post Teresa, I've only just read it - doh (wish I had managed to get on this afternoon)! But I'm doing ok. I think you're right it is about the body not wanting change and resisting the weight loss! Today has been really hard in work, I've been very busy but also have other stressful things to be thinking about.... might even have an interview this week (but its complicated, its not quite in the place I want it and a similar thing will be coming up in the place I want. Had to speak to my boss and explain. Now I need to decide if I want to have an interview and then state its in the wrong place (in other words just showing an interest and going for interview practise) or just go for the interview properly).

Anyway...... todays food
pre breakfast in the car - 2 rice cakes (6syns)
B- weetabix and milk (HA HB), muller greek yog (3.5syns)
D- chickpea curry (HB), jacket and beans
T- A bag of spinach mixed with pasta, cheese sauce (4syns) and 42g low low (HA), meringue (2.5syns), options (2syns), onken fat free yog.

Total syns- 18 :( quick 5 mins walk, body balance class :)

Off for a think now!

Back